• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fission in general tends to be a little different from run to run/wt. Inreally liked the last few 134g tesla i had with mad grip but were a little soft.

Ill have to order some photons next time i place an MVP order and might pop down to GGGT to see what is up with their current stock of photons.

Was actually thinking about 160 range disc honestly. I have a headwind buster, but need a little more oomph on a calm day, or for tailwinds. (stupid 600' holes)

A light wave should go boom for you. It is a really good "easy d" driver in the lighter weights. I have been throwing a vanish which is basically a seasoned wave. Pretty dang US for flat throws but love to hyzer flip it. If youre throwing flatter the wave should be $.

A light wave should go boom for you. It is a really good "easy d" driver in the lighter weights. I have been throwing a vanish which is basically a seasoned wave. Pretty dang US for flat throws but love to hyzer flip it. If youre throwing flatter the wave should be $.

I like the Vanish a lot. It's a legit understable driver design, for sure. Hyzer-flip to tight turnover on lower lines. Great glide keeps it going too.

Anyone got any flat vectors they wanna part ways with and want a domey one? I blindly ordered one online and it's got a massive dome, and I wanted a flat one :wall:

Everytime I see a third run ion(aim for chains posted one) I'm reminded of mine that I keep put away (vs using or hanging) because it was butchered.

rz1saG9.jpg

Last edited:
Throw it anyway. Ink isn't a big deal.

It's not like it's much of a collector at this point...

But I want it to be....it should be >_>

I've been pondering worm dye, silver sharpie the whole thing, or black dye. Just so I can hang it up and not have to see, well, that.

Anyone who throws them would buy im sure. I think market is somewhere around $50 for 2nds but will see what mine brings here if anything. I know the feebay will generate a sale for sure but you know just trying to Make the Marketplace Great Again.

The second run Photons have a large dome and are not flat.
I have one of these pop top (boob) Fission Photons. It has become my go to turnover disc. It's almost Orbital flippy but much more controllable. It's a max weight @165g. Love that thing. Dropped all of my other US gyros except for the Relay.

I have fallen in love with my Vanish lately. At first I wasn't really clicking with it and got more consistency with my Inertia so I took it out of my bag. On a whim I put it back in last week and it just clicked with me. I am having some of my best drives with it. It's definitely becoming my go to for max distance. It does such a great job on a hyzer-flip.

I have fallen in love with my Vanish lately. At first I wasn't really clicking with it and got more consistency with my Inertia so I took it out of my bag. On a whim I put it back in last week and it just clicked with me. I am having some of my best drives with it. It's definitely becoming my go to for max distance. It does such a great job on a hyzer-flip.

Yep, it's actually a great disc, and longer than Inertia/Insanity.

So after throwing this flat Volt more and more, I'm starting to wonder if it could be the mythical disc that actually has almost no turn or fade.

When thrown on a flat forehand for me it goes 375-400 feet and probably only turns 10 or less feet and fades less than 20.

almost like a really fast lid in flight. It's almost perplexing to watch.

My bh being less powerful I can only get it around 375 on a good rip, but the fade is still mild. Kind of like a beat in Orc but without the turn.

Sounds typical. I have a seasoned eclipse volt that's one of the straightest flying drivers I've thrown. Great mold.

Finally nailed down my distance driver set up for the beginning of the 2017 season: motion, plasma photon, plasma wave, neutron virus.

Really just clicking with the plasma photon for my workhorse dd and the wave is just a perfect compliment. Virus is a super underrated disc for rollers and standstill drives. Also works great with low ceiling dead straight powered down drives.

For those who use MVP for their distance drivers slot what are you guys using? There's some really cool combos out there now.

I used the Phase/Octane as my combo part of last year. It was good, but I think the Energy/Octane could be even better since the core from the new distance drivers has a little glide to it.

The Phase is a great disc but can't quite offer the distance my Apes do.

Just received an N Relay 174g and a Halloween Vanish 174g I see exactly what everyone was talking about with the Relay. I am able to drop it right beside my speed 9 stuff. And as long as I keep my nose down that vanish goes for days. Even when I dont it still manages to get out there, just nowhere near it's potential. I may end up dropping 90% of my bag for just 4 molds Proxy, Relay, Vanish and a mid to be determined or a putting putter since the proxy can be driven quite nicely. Hopefully it will be warmer tonight so I can throw when it isnt 40. (which should see a nice increase in distance)

Just received an N Relay 174g and a Halloween Vanish 174g I see exactly what everyone was talking about with the Relay. I am able to drop it right beside my speed 9 stuff. And as long as I keep my nose down that vanish goes for days. Even when I dont it still manages to get out there, just nowhere near it's potential. I may end up dropping 90% of my bag for just 4 molds Proxy, Relay, Vanish and a mid to be determined or a putting putter since the proxy can be driven quite nicely. Hopefully it will be warmer tonight so I can throw when it isnt 40. (which should see a nice increase in distance)

This is my small bag along with an Envy and Crave for more OS shots. I find that between the Proxy and Crave, I really don't need a mid.

I love the idea of a minimalist bag, but I love throwing new plastic. It doesn't help that I am new enough that my throws get longer nearly every week as I refine my technique. Right now the Vanish isn't truly US for me although I do get a nice S with it, but in the near future that may change. I do like the thought of running a OS compliment to my relay for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts