• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craves are goofy long. So funny so are what feels like a tiny rimmed driver go so far. But they like to glide. If they shaped lines a little more easily, I might still
Be using them.

Craves are goofy long. So funny so are what feels like a tiny rimmed driver go so far. But they like to glide. If they shaped lines a little more easily, I might still
Be using them.

But I thought gyro didn't have glide

I went full circle throwing only volts and added craves then just craves and now back to volts.

Only real difference i like is the little extra fade and wind resistance with faster speed of volt plus it skips very well.

2 really good go-to type drivers cor sure.

Got more throws in with the Signal. I like it more the more I throw it. When I get the release hyzer correct, that thing will fly forever, it seems. I threw it right after throwing my Impulse on one hole and it sailed thirty feet by the Impulse (though still a bit further to the right than where I wanted it). Still not convinced it's something I want in the bag permanently, though I can see its utility.

I also picked up a 150g Signal to put in the loaner bag for the novices I play with. I figure it's US enough for them to get it flat easily!

I went full circle throwing only volts and added craves then just craves and now back to volts.

Only real difference i like is the little extra fade and wind resistance with faster speed of volt plus it skips very well.

2 really good go-to type drivers cor sure.

Crave is equally good in the powered down fairway approach role and powered up driver role. Speed 7 that will shine all day long on long approach but also capable of long drives off the teepad. And yeah, the glide. Where's that come from on a flat-topped, high PLH driver? My Servos that look basically the same don't fly anywhere near the same.

Crave is also pure $$ on those shorter FH holes, 220'-300'. We have a lot of those on the wooded courses in Charlotte and the Crave flies that line beautifully.

Been digging the Defy lately, I think its going in the bag between Nitros and Octanes. Its been giving me a great combination of speed and overall straightness in the field, and I had some solid drives with it at Renny Gold last evening.

I can't wait for a 23mm Defy. I'm holding out on getting another Octane (i lost mine :wall: )to try whatever Axiom comes up with between Nitro and Octane, hopefully it'll rock that beautiful line-locking flight the Defy has.

I can't wait for a 23mm Defy. I'm holding out on getting another Octane (i lost mine :wall: )to try whatever Axiom comes up with between Nitro and Octane, hopefully it'll rock that beautiful line-locking flight the Defy has.

Do u throw the Catalyst? AIM swears by it...best on holes that are 450' long and 900' wide. If the wind is just right and the birds are chirping...

I am throwing my relay for about 2/3 of my drives now. And most of my upshots as well, I love how it powers down. But I have found the Relay glides a bit much sometimes. I think I may need a mid or a heavier proxy or both. Which mid flies most like a shorter relay or longer proxy. For me both are just a tick shy of true stable flight, with great glide.

I am throwing my relay for about 2/3 of my drives now. And most of my upshots as well, I love how it powers down. But I have found the Relay glides a bit much sometimes. I think I may need a mid or a heavier proxy or both. Which mid flies most like a shorter relay or longer proxy. For me both are just a tick shy of true stable flight, with great glide.

I'd say tangent but is going to have a little more wiggle in its flight than a proxy.

Yeah i use the tangent like a faster seasoned ion. The theory sounds right to me snappy fingers.

Also for the MVP fans i was throwing my ions 375' in some mean tailwind. All my buddy could say was wow. Fing love that disc.

it was so beautiful. I landed 3 of them within 5-10 feet of this point. It is a flat shot which the landing is up hill with a valley from the teepad to the basket area. basically a """\___/^^ kind of hole. I even threw my 85g upshot lid on a hyzer here for 250ish today and wish I would have mashed on it harder as it actually faded out early left into the woods LOL! got scurred.......

iongoestoofar.jpg

AND GOOGLE HAS DISC GOLF HOLES LABELED?! WE HAVE FINALLY MADE IT!!!!!!! lulz.

Last edited:
Do u throw the Catalyst? AIM swears by it...best on holes that are 450' long and 900' wide. If the wind is just right and the birds are chirping...

Hahaha no I haven't, I like throwing my wave on massive C curve shots that are about 75 feet in the air and bend from a hyzer at about 11 o clock all the way over to about 1 o clock and not come back, it's my "open field with a tailwind and an (almost) unreachable basket and I want to throw the crap out of both my arm and a disc and hopefully send it into lunar orbit" disc

Defy kicks Wrath's butt on distance potential, IME.

The Defy feels more like a true distance driver while the Wrath feels like a fast control driver.

I still haven't decided 100% what my driver setup will be if I keep the Defy around, but when I played a long and demanding course recently my driver setup was this:

Slow control drivers: Inspire, Crave, Resistor

Fast control drivers: Insanity, Wrath, Fireball

Distance Drivers: Energy, Nitro, Defy, Octane, Catalyst

Didn't use the Energy or Catalyst, they're pretty situational. The Defy fits between the Nitro and Octane pretty well, but might not be needed once I beat up a Nitro. Its been impressing me either way. I was throwing some chest high 450' drives with it in the field last time I was out. It flies a low line drive so well, I find that being just a hair on the OS side gives me more confidence throwing it hard and low like that.

The Defy feels more like a true distance driver while the Wrath feels like a fast control driver.

I still haven't decided 100% what my driver setup will be if I keep the Defy around, but when I played a long and demanding course recently my driver setup was this:

Slow control drivers: Inspire, Crave, Resistor

Fast control drivers: Insanity, Wrath, Fireball

Distance Drivers: Energy, Nitro, Defy, Octane, Catalyst

Didn't use the Energy or Catalyst, they're pretty situational. The Defy fits between the Nitro and Octane pretty well, but might not be needed once I beat up a Nitro. Its been impressing me either way. I was throwing some chest high 450' drives with it in the field last time I was out. It flies a low line drive so well, I find that being just a hair on the OS side gives me more confidence throwing it hard and low like that.

Exactly!

Agree on your other Defy comments too.

SnapIt is right. Alias is a longer Proxy, and the Theory is more of a shorter Relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts