• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From scratch. I had an Ion when they first released and used it as a catch disc. Dont even remember how it flew.

Hoping to get close to what i have discraft wise. If anyone can make recommendations i appreciate it

Max distance-Cranks: CATALYST/OCTANE

Forehand/Overstable distance-Force: ?

Straight/Overstable fairway- Vulture: VOLT

Understable fairway- Mantis: ?

Overstable mid- Wasp: VECTOR

Straight/Understable mid- Buzzz: ?

Roller- Sail: ?

Putter/approach - Wizard/chally: ION

An axiom crave is a great straight fairway. Dead straight, tiny fade at the end.

I really love the matrix for a stable mid. It's not a super beefy os disc. But mines a solid 5/4/0/2.5

For a straight mid, I don't think an alias can be beat. It's the straightest thing I've ever thrown. I do like the axis as a bit more understable mid also.

Maybe a virus for a out of the box roller? I don't throw too many rollers. I roll a beat Insanity when I do tho. That's also my go to long fairway/distance disc.

Ion is a fantastic mold to both throw and putt. I've had a proton one in the bag for years and throw it on pretty much every sub 230' shot. It's a GREAT disc. I really want to get a plasma one too.

If you prefer a straighter, beadless putter, the anode is great too. Also shares a core with the ion.

If you want a slower, beefy os fairway, the resistor is a great choice.

Last edited:
An axiom crave is a great straight fairway. Dead straight, tiny fade at the end.

I really love the matrix for a stable mid. It's not a super beefy os disc. But mines a solid 5/4/0/2.5

For a straight mid, I don't think an alias can be beat. It's the straightest thing I've ever thrown. I do like the axis as a bit more understable mid also.

Maybe a virus for a out of the box roller? I don't throw too many rollers. I roll a beat Insanity when I do tho. That's also my go to long fairway/distance disc.

Ion is a fantastic mold to both throw and putt. I've had a proton one in the bag for years and throw it on pretty much every sub 230' shot. It's a GREAT disc. I really want to get a plasma one too.

If you want a slower, beefy os fairway, the resistor is a great choice.

plaz ions are a gift from the universe

you wont regret the investment or buy a pink one and if you doont like it ill buy it off you for the price you got it for

Yup on the Relay. How OS do you want your OS FH? If you want it really beefy but not ridiculous, then try a Nitro. If you just want a normal OS speed11 type driver, then Photon. If you want ridiculous, either a Phase or Energy. Tangent will fly the same kind of lines as a comet but not as glidey.

I second or third the Relay... for overhand etc and possibly for FH rollers the fission Photon is an interesting beast at 150 weight... if you throw a FH with a wrist roll you can get a roller out of it. Kind of like a Flick 150 got easier to throw and less dumpy . It's a get out of jail disc for me it doesn't turn as tight as a Crave on the overhand... and works well BH. It's a odd little specialty thing that happened with the light weight, regular weight flies more like it is advertised, moderately stable.

I posted this in the bag section, but it's relevant here so I'll cross-post, as well. Voyager bags are $79 today on amazon. You're welcome.

so at my local course today there is a hole that is slightly downhill and dog leg right its heavily wooded until the basket which is by the road and the road is a drop off that is about 10 foot elevation drop and 40ish away from the basket

ive aced this hole once and hit basket 5ish other times

so im going for gold and i fire off a rhfh plaz volt and hear this big BOOOOOOOOM

i hit a f'n car

so at my local course today there is a hole that is slightly downhill and dog leg right its heavily wooded until the basket which is by the road and the road is a drop off that is about 10 foot elevation drop and 40ish away from the basket

ive aced this hole once and hit basket 5ish other times

so im going for gold and i fire off a rhfh plaz volt and hear this big BOOOOOOOOM

i hit a f'n car

10/10 would read again. Only way your story is better is if it was a police car.

Eclipse Matrix, Eclipse Atom, Plasma ATOM :) pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee - Oh and new run of eclipse volts (FX pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase) ----just requesting my wish list for Chistmas

I got a 150g Tesla in the mail with my PDGA membership package. What should I expect? It's a white disc and we've got snow on the ground for the foreseeable future, so I probably won't be able to test it for a while.

I got a 150g Tesla in the mail with my PDGA membership package. What should I expect? It's a white disc and we've got snow on the ground for the foreseeable future, so I probably won't be able to test it for a while.

Is it neutron/proton or Fission? Had a SE Nikola Tesla in the mid 150s that was basically just a lighter version of a max weight. SO, unless it has a weird PLH, I would expect it to fly pretty similar to a max weight, if its neutron/proton. The fade will just kick in later in the flight. If you're a torque guy, it might turn a bit more before flexing.

Is it neutron/proton or Fission? Had a SE Nikola Tesla in the mid 150s that was basically just a lighter version of a max weight. SO, unless it has a weird PLH, I would expect it to fly pretty similar to a max weight, if its neutron/proton. The fade will just kick in later in the flight. If you're a torque guy, it might turn a bit more before flexing.

It's a Neutron. From what I'm reading in reviews, it sounds like the Tesla basically fills the PD/Thunderbird slot, which I already have filled by a Getaway that I really like. The Tesla is much more comfortable to grip forehand though, so there's a slight chance it would make the bag as a flicker. Definitely not a disc I would've bought, especially since I don't bag anything below 160 typically. I'm intrigued but I'm setting my expectations pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts