• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I got my heavy entropy yesterday, no baskets at work but I banged some trees. Putts low as expected and it's gorgeous!! Deep orange but bright enough to find with oil slick blue features, I had a plasma volt like that love the colour. Of course it showed up the day after the wind died down haha. Got a ryhthm too at 171 going to run it against the virus and see which one goes further.

I'm going to throw everything I can out of my gyro box this year. Next up is 159 servo and 164 motion.

. . . Got a ryhthm too at 171 going to run it against the virus and see which one goes further.

I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Rhythm. I have not been happy with my understable fairway driver slot since shifting to lighter discs and dropping mid-upper 160s Tournament Hatchets.

Kinda hoping a slower understable driver will be more predictable/controllable.

I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Rhythm. I have not been happy with my understable fairway driver slot since shifting to lighter discs and dropping mid-upper 160s Tournament Hatchets.

Well with a little bit of luck and I should get some throws in on it this weekend of course it's fairly heavy so I don't know what it's going to do I'm going to throw it against my 165 relays I might have a 170 but I feel like it is going to be a little more stable than the relay. right now I am using an R2 signal at 159 G and absolutely loving it for an upshot or a Hyzer flip.

I'm trying to force myself to throw heavier discs for downhill shots and training purposes I gotta try and get my distance back up towards 300 I've Got a Sinking Feeling that I'm somewhere around about the 260 range right now

Way too much time with uplinks and not enough time with drivers on the plus side and I'm pushing my Uplink 250

Last edited:
I am curious about the rhythm as well, my under stable drivers/fairways are still mostly above 170, and my few attempts at lighter have not gone well. It may not have been a fair comparison. Since I still primarily throw forehands, I may have dropped into OAT, noodle, forehand mode!

Mono, I got a heavy Rhythm in the mail yesterday. Will report back before too long, should be able to get out tomorrow. Have you thrown an Inertia? I'd think one of those in the mid/high 160s, in Neutron, might be just the ticket. I know for a fact the blank white ones are flip machines.

Mono, I got a heavy Rhythm in the mail yesterday. Will report back before too long, should be able to get out tomorrow.

That would be great, thank you!

Have you thrown an Inertia? I'd think one of those in the mid/high 160s, in Neutron, might be just the ticket. I know for a fact the blank white ones are flip machines.

Interesting. I used Neutron Inertia, probably low-160s, as my main driver for quite a while. For me, Neutron Inertia flew more like a longer S-FD: pretty much neutral, with a slight turn and modest fade.

Guessing you can chuck discs a good bit further than me . . . but I'm still interested in how the Rhythm flies for you. :)

Mono, I got a heavy Rhythm in the mail yesterday. Will report back before too long, should be able to get out tomorrow. Have you thrown an Inertia? I'd think one of those in the mid/high 160s, in Neutron, might be just the ticket. I know for a fact the blank white ones are flip machines.

The inertia is pretty awesome granted I haven't bought a new one in probably 5 maybe. 8 years my old first run whites were the money ones at 155 G.. Absolutely neutral dead straight they carved like a fiend and solid distance. If you read back at some point I'm sure you'll see that they are part of my three-disc setup for quite a while Envy, Comet, Inertia.

The new relays have been pretty beefy I actually went with some 160 G Cosmic insanities SE for forehand duties and a solid anhyzer to fade back hand. I couldn't resist the stamp haha so many discs to choose from in the locker

That would be great, thank you!

Interesting. I used Neutron Inertia, probably low-160s, as my main driver for quite a while. For me, Neutron Inertia flew more like a longer S-FD: pretty much neutral, with a slight turn and modest fade.

Guessing you can chuck discs a good bit further than me . . . but I'm still interested in how the Rhythm flies for you. :)

Threw for about 20 minutes before dark, mostly trying to burn the piss and vinegar out of a big brown dog who has been cooped up for 3 rainy days.

Proton Jet is not any more OS than the Neutron, but this Proton is basically Prism quality. Gorgeous stuff. May be good in tailwind or for rollers. I just can't hork this mold.

Rhythm is interesting. More OS than a Virus, but not as OS as a Servo. Reminds me of a Crave, honestly, but feels better in the hand. If I throw it with 300' of power and plenty of hyzer, it seems like it will go 400 feet. When I over cooked it, it didn't seem to have the will to fight out of it. More testing to come.

Oh man I got my heavy entropy yesterday, no baskets at work but I banged some trees. Putts low as expected and it's gorgeous!! Deep orange but bright enough to find with oil slick blue features, I had a plasma volt like that love the colour. Of course it showed up the day after the wind died down haha. Got a ryhthm too at 171 going to run it against the virus and see which one goes further.

I'm going to throw everything I can out of my gyro box this year. Next up is 159 servo and 164 motion.

i really liked the motion

still super os in lighter weights too

if nothing else its a fun trick disc

How does the motion fit in against a fireball?

I got a 159 fireball and it might as well be a mid...

Got some throws in with the entropy, at 174 it may be more stable than a zone. My 168 ish SE is much more workable

Got some throws in with the entropy, at 174 it may be more stable than a zone. My 168 ish SE is much more workable

I've heard the motion is even more OS with slightly less glide. I've only ever tried the fireball and it was OS enough for me that I never felt like trying the motion.

My 169 Motion is more overstable than either Fireball I have. The Flare is typically more OS than either of them and that's the one I bag.

Motion is more overstable than fireball.

If you want overstable and no glide, throw a fireball.

If you want a better firebird, throw a motion.

And yes.
Entropy more OS than a zone.

Stabilizer and runway are closer to a zone.

Stabalizer is like a less fadey zone though. And the runway never took off, it was kind of a DOA mold.

The stabs are good, but just not talked about much. More like an Xsoft, or a zzone.

The electron entropies fly more like people expect a zone to fly. But not a production run.

Last edited:
My 169 Motion is more overstable than either Fireball I have. The Flare is typically more OS than either of them and that's the one I bag.

The only 9 speed more OS than a flare is a Tilt.

I am curious about the rhythm as well, my under stable drivers/fairways are still mostly above 170, and my few attempts at lighter have not gone well. It may not have been a fair comparison. Since I still primarily throw forehands, I may have dropped into OAT, noodle, forehand mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9CcEIxAwY

I did a video on the Rhythm for my circuit.

Now, for the circuit, it had different flight numbers from MVP listing it as a -3 turn, 1 fade.

Now the disc is listed as -2,1.

In the video that is a black play grey rim. 171g.

I stand by my theory that in axiom you need to pay attention to rim color as the rim colors cool a bit differently and will give you slightly varied flights in the same run.

As witnessed during the circuit, most of us had fairly flippy ones. A few had really flippy ones, and a couple players got not so flippy ones.

I just picked up a new one to go with my white/red collection. (Curse MVP for no longer doing jellybean stamp, idiots)

This one is stickered at 161, I kinda want to throw it. It's such an easy throwing disc.

I'd say its a slower impulse though, not a slower virus.

As for the numbers change, I have no answers there. I cannot fairly compare my 2 because of the weight differences being far to great to give me good enough information to see if it was correct or not, but I can attest that my circuit one was at least a 2.5 to 3 turn. It was effortless to throw big hyzer flips with it.
But the thing I did like is, you could effortlessly throw 300 with it flat if you powered down.

So, I tried to do paperwork and my dogs was going nuts bored. Stress yawns.. Passive aggressive bad mopey attitude, more stress yawns..

Plus side I went out and threw for a couple hours. :D

Went with 170 p virus, 171 rhythm, 155 plaz inertia, 164 n motion. No relays were handy.. 174 plaz entropy, and a uplink/glitch because otherwise I would have less fun.

The motion is awesome, exactly as billed. Thanks for the info! It lost out to a 155 fireball in the last "F I hate wind I need a disc for this "draft"" flies further, flare skips well. Respectable distance. Very pleasant, if it holds up to some wind and I can throw a thumber on #20 it's in the bag. Well I should pull out the fireball first but nice! I bought a backup 158 SE motion it was some.......

FB clone on FB auction action

:D read that 5 times fast!

Entropy played well once I stopped bein a puss. Wow! Caught me by surprise, maybe that's why they haven't been making light ones lately. Once I gave it some 45 degree nose down OAT I was getting my 180' dead straight ish. Little beefy for me for approach, got on top of it a few times and it blew 20' past the pin. I can see the appeal for the big kids too. Putts like my envy had a lovechild with a brick.... But in a good way. Might as well be throwing a horseshoe but also in a good way. Wind putting will be the test, I still prefer my 168 SE but the lighter grams will be the death of me.

Been packing a 172 neutron HW SE envy and liking the drop-ins, solid performance at 20-25' in over my 165's. Good for tonals... and FH's. Kind of a 3 envy bag minimum/10 discs. So the entropy is going to have to putt to get in. The hex is also good for that spot but I digress... as I find my other beer and a pot pie for the oven...

The 171 rhythm.. What can I say except initial results were outstanding! I may have made a mistake backing up my R2 L2 signal. But I can't say no to $20 discs haha.

I should have had a relay but the rhythm throws a lot like the best of all 3 discs I had. It was closest to my 155 plaz inertia but with more air. Kinda like a relay/insanity lovechild. Little more wing, rims kinda dented in like the insanity, nice mild shoulder to moderate dome. It rode the steep downhill like a laser, the thing that the virus does when you get it perfect. It's first throw was downhill 40 degree, and stunning. Tracked straight with a touch of turn and very moderate lazy fade. Like I guess I will get out of my hammock fade.

I cannot begin to explain to you how important a hole that is for me to test out discs on but you figure out the break over and you figure out what would happen if you could throw 50 ft further, it simulates windage etc... it's a very fast way for me to define where the fine line is on stability.

Things got better from there... Little turn baby fade, did about 20 reps in the field with all the drivers...managed headwind and tail (light to little gusts)). For the most part it autocorrects to straight. It does what a broken in relay will with a larger margin of error and extra glide from a flat throw. I love that it likes flat throws. It does not however enjoy radical nose down FH's, I think it's a hyzer flipper there but my not an expert my FH is getting better and useable... I will no longer answer F Off! to: "Princess Sissy Flick" :D but I know I can't blame the disc for its shameful FH performance.

Nailed a couple upshots a'la the signal. Little more turn, little more touch, little more glide. I should have had the relay :(

Pooped it kind of on a few tunnels, one was a slow fade at 25% at 180'ish from not getting enough on it.. Lazy fade.. Did the same thing again, heading DOT for a tree at 50', it started getting out of the hammock, slowly dodged the tree and rode a very lazy fade another 140' further only wandering 10' off line. :D amazing!!!!

It holds a turnover better than a virus, has slightly less distance potential but less wander, again wider margin of error, little less fade than the virus. Also more HSS wind resistance in a weird way. Just pushes straighter turns without burning.

Weird throwing a fuller weight disc with such solid results. The flat tunnel shooting aspect is great, further updates as events warrant, I need to throw a pot pie on a pan and publish this novel on Amazon.

Last edited:
Your novel is greatly appreciated, especially the Rhythm chapter. :thmbup:

Anyone tossed a light Rhythm to compare and contrast? :)

Your novel is greatly appreciated, especially the Rhythm chapter. :thmbup:

Anyone tossed a light Rhythm to compare and contrast? :)

Hmmm not yet, I was looking up flight numbers...

# 7 -2 1...

Kinda wondering when release was...

Fell over a 161g white Rhythm with a pink rim, unlike all the other offerings.. So another $37 CAD but I will let you know soon...

Someone, take, my phone, away.... Please! I hope I get outbid on that glow hex.....

The Rhythm is probably a month or two away from Australia, but I'm looking forwards to throwing one.

I'm enjoying my Relay / Crave / Servo combination at them moment, but thinking I have Craves that cover that off. My oldest Crave is more U/S than my oldest Relay, I have about 15 Craves that fly the same as my CN Relay, and my Proton Craves fly like my Servo. No idea where the Rhythm will fit in there. I lost my Ascend on the weekend so that is one decision point fewer to mess me up. Ain't disc golf great.

Status
Not open for further replies.