• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

so when will we see a MVP Distance Driver, or even a Fairway Driver!?!?

For me this spring in cold weather in a head to head test the Pure was consistently shorter than the Anode. The difference was on average 10-15' IIRC.

Fairly certain that the difference is close to being negligible and depends heavily on the player.

anyone still throwing Vectors? I just got a glow Vector for my anniversary (my wife is so awesome). I've been thinking about putting a Roc back in my bag but would the Vector do similar things? I had a Vector last year. Didn't throw it much (didn't fit the courses in SC) so I gave it away to my Secret Santee. I can't give away an anniversary present. I told her I would throw it. She also gave me a glow ION.

I was till it decided to hit a tree and go in a pond. I was really liking it. It was a Glow as well. Didn't care for the first run I had.

i used to only throw Rocs (i mean 100% dedicated to my rocs), then i started throwing Vectors and ever since i have totaly eliminated the Roc and transitioned to a vector/axis bag, i have a glow vector and a couple normal vectors, they seem to fly very similar regardless of the glow plastic, they have held up VERY nicely and are extremely reliable and predictable. I just like the fact that i dont have to buy new DX Rocs every 2 weeks anymore.. these MVP vectors hold up extremely well, and the transition period to learn these discs is extremely short if you already throw rocs.. its a change you wont regret if you give the disc a little time to grow on you :)

i love my vectors.

The axis compliments the vector well also, i use my axis for anny shots since the vector doesnt hold anny lines very well

keltik said:
anyone still throwing Vectors? I just got a glow Vector for my anniversary (my wife is so awesome). I've been thinking about putting a Roc back in my bag but would the Vector do similar things?

Throw away without fear. It's been a while since I've thrown a roc (feels weird saying that) but to me a vector flies a lot like a pretty new roc.

plex said:
I just like the fact that i dont have to buy new DX Rocs every 2 weeks anymore..

Whyd you have to do that? My main one has been in the bag for 2 years and still isn't flippy by any means.

How on Earth do you beat in a Roc in 2 weeks? Do you only do spike hyzers with it in a quarry or something?

Back on subject, Vector works great for me. Don't know about the newer ones (I understand that they aren't quite as beefy as the First Runs), but my FR has been my go-to overstable mid since it came out.

HAHA... yea maybe not every 2 weeks.. but i cant stand the feeling of a chewed up disc in my hand (like how DX plastic gets after hitting just about anything) i throw hard and when i hit a tree or rock it leaves a mark. I live in the north woods, and there are TONS of trees at all the courses around here and LOTS of huge boulders and large rocks from glaciers scattered on the ground. so thats why i like MVP plastic, it seems to hold up like prime Star plastic and the Vector has the roc type flight i like... for me its the best option i have :)

I tried Star Roc once, but it was too understable.. (the san marino one). I think the Vector is an amazing disc, get it and use it for a couple weeks, get used to it, and you wont turn back.

Here is why I want a light Vector. The Domey Max weights are beef. Bovine overstable good wind discs (Champ Gator). Non first run non domey ones are noticeably less stable and have more of a new rancho roc flight. I have been wanting some light weight Vectors to see what light super flat vectors fly like. Because if they fly at all like a Roc in the sweet spot I will freak out with joy. But until I can get my hands on a 165g-168g ones we will never know.

Lastly the Soft Anodes are the total shiz...

Hey someone was telling me about an older ion that the overmold came up on the inner rim a bit. Is this true? If so did that change the flight any?

Thanks

yep, the old 2nd run Ion i have has less bead on it, im not sure if its because the overmold covers more of it or if the bead is just simply smaller... i will take some pictures and post them on here later when i get home from work.

As far as a change in flight, its more flippy on drives and very Slightly more stable on putts than the new Ions

The bead is the same size, just covered by the overmold. I wouldn't call them flippy, but they're certainly less LSS and easier to turn over with OAT. I've seen Jussi Meresmaa throw mine over 400' without them flipping, so with a clean form there are no problems powering them.

The ones with a REALLY covered bead are the blue core/orange overmold first runs. In some of those only about 30% of the bead is visible at all, the rest being totally covered by the overmold. I dare say that those are my all time favorite understable putters.

jubuttib said:
The bead is the same size, just covered by the overmold. I wouldn't call them flippy, but they're certainly less LSS and easier to turn over with OAT. I've seen Jussi Meresmaa throw mine over 400' without them flipping, so with a clean form there are no problems powering them.

The ones with a REALLY covered bead are the blue core/orange overmold first runs. In some of those only about 30% of the bead is visible at all, the rest being totally covered by the overmold. I dare say that those are my all time favorite understable putters.

I haven't seen such discs but my soft green center black overmold early Ion has uniformly partially covered bead and it does fade less than other Ions or even medium Anodes in putting. The next least fading MVP disc I've seen that is on par or an inch or two more fading on putts than my 167-169 soft APX although i haven't beaten in a Rattler. When new my Rattler fades more on putts but powered to approaches the Rattler straightens out but so does P1 Maniac in the soft tacky plastic and some others. A Whitler fades more than the med Anode and the partially covered bead Ion on putts. So we are talking of extremely straight putters because a Polecat fades out hard compared to those even when broken in to flippy.

Latest posts