• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

The Theory is now my most used disc besides putter. Absolutely love it. It has taken throws from my Pure(not all), Tangent and knocked Meteor out of the bag.

Will be buying the Proxy on day one of availability.

Stringbean said:
Jeronimo said:
We talking about the Crave up in here yet? That thing is sweeeeeet.

I just bought one but haven't thrown it yet. From reading reviews, it kind of sounds like a flat JLS.
Mine is very similar to my Champ T-Bird. I'm not getting the high speed turn some are.

PMantle said:
Stringbean said:
Jeronimo said:

I just bought one but haven't thrown it yet. From reading reviews, it kind of sounds like a flat JLS.
Mine is very similar to my Champ T-Bird. I'm not getting the high speed turn some are.

I will probably be in the same boat. According to the DGCR thread, they have a slight amount of turn and minimal fade. Then I watched a Mike C video and they appear to have a lot of turn followed by a late, hard fade. Something in the middle with some wind resistance would make me happy.

How would you describe the Theory? At what distance does it become an understable mid?

Stringbean said:
PMantle said:
Stringbean said:
Jeronimo said:

I will probably be in the same boat. According to the DGCR thread, they have a slight amount of turn and minimal fade. Then I watched a Mike C video and they appear to have a lot of turn followed by a late, hard fade. Something in the middle with some wind resistance would make me happy.

How would you describe the Theory? At what distance does it become an understable mid?
The Theory seems like a tweener. Fast putter/slower mid. Not as understable as a Meteor. A good bit more understable than my two Tangents. Holds anny lines to the ground. Best guess on distance to be truly understable would be 240, but that is a total wild ass guess.

On our first hole, you need a short L to R shot through a small hole in the trees. It's under 200'. I have to start it with some anny to get the right path. My most understable Meteor will turn at that distance.

For me, Tangents are really good at flying flat and straight but die out early on a hyzer or anyhyzer line. Is the Theory more versatile in that regard?

I had a chance to throw the Neutron Crave a few times this weekend. The flight reminded me of the initial run of Shocks that had some high speed turn and a late, dumpy fade. I will probably keep it in my bag and pair it with a seasoned QJLS for now. Kind of sounds like it will lose the fade though, so not sure how long this will work.

Theory is a sweet disc, filled the "controllably understable" midrange slot in my bag. Thrown flat and hard it drifts right. Thrown slightly hyzer it slowly flips up. Thrown on a high anny it holds the turn. Longest throw for me was about 300' on a high anny, with a little help from elevation. I usually throw fairway drivers around 300', so that was good distance for a midrange.

Crave sounds like an interesting disc, but reports of how it flies have been all over the place. What's up with that?

picked up an envy and love it. I pair it with a breaker and all my driving putter need are covered. Also pick up a switch and a theory real like the switch not a huge fan of the theory.

Clash and Inspire added after last tourney win. Neither fly like I had hoped. Maybe after some tree hits. Off topic, but also bought a Seer. First disc I've ever owned that I lost on the very first throw.

Too many discs to try out so i only fondled some new to me models and while i like the thinness of some recent models i gotta applaud the base plastic cores. Tasty tackiness. I need those because i was diagnosed with an ailment that reduces thumb strength and add that to the dry skin... Anyone know how well the air bubble cored and base plastic cored discs last in use vs primo material ones?

Latest posts