• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of the reasons I carry the eclipse ones now. That flat shape feels better in my hand and I really enjoy their flight. I use one of my most OS Ions for shots I used to carry a second super domey Vector for.

I experience no gyroscopics with MVP discs.

Rocs fly further than Vectors
Wizards fly furhter than Anodes

That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. ANY disc thrown with spin has gyroscopic effects.

exactly... thats why I dont understand the whole gyroscopic claim, all discs carry most of their weight in the rim

Verjaeger.. The difference between MVP and Rocs/Buzzes/Wizards/etc is that MVP is premium plastic with the glide of base plastic. Sorry but you're not going to find a champ roc or aviar with the glide of MVP plastic. That's the difference. MVP discs aren't necessarily better, they're just... better.

I am pulling more towards MVP/Latitude 64/Discraft and going less Innova.. MVP is the most consistent of the group and the most fun. After the driver is released I will most likely have 5 MVP discs in my bag.. Innova is going to get less and less. Valkyrie is the only disc MVP cannot and will not replace. Maybe the Orc too.. I love that utility disc. Suppose the Mamba is extremely understable and a fun toy. That will stay in. MVP has a lineup that I'm happy with. I'd like an Overstable Fairway Driver now.. Something Understable would be nice too but for now they have a really good lineup.

I haven't had a lot of time to try my stuff out yet. Got some of the dgcr stamped discs. The axis gave me trouble at first, but it seems to do me well now, I haven't gotten a handle on the vector yet.

But the anode, oh my...

I've never had a soft putter fly that well for me. I've had to stick with harder putters for distance throws cause I can't get an r-pro or super soft to fly worth anything. But the anode just flies.

I'm 2 rounds in with my MVP Ion and I just bought the Axis a few minutes ago online. I believe for me it's going to change my game a lot since I have problems with my short game from 200 in and never found a reliable disc I can count on until now. Bring on that VOLT!

i used to throw rocs.. then i found the vector and replaced my roc.. then i tried the axis and it complimented the vector very well, so i bought 5. then i replaced my challenger and magnet with an ION and i have never gone back..

since then i have 5 vectors in the bag, 5 axis, 4 ions, 1 river, 3 eagles, 2 destroyers, 1 sword

MVP is taking over my bag like blitzkrieg.. i love MVP

I realized another plus for MVP putters yesterday. I was in a spot where I needed to throw a 40' shot with about 10' of elevation and there was a tree right in front of me. So I decided I would try a forehand approach/putt with the anode. Any time I have forehanded a putter in the past I have always gotten crazy OAT because the rim of a putter is so deep my fingers are never located at the center of gravity of the disc.

With the Anode, it has a curved inner rim which allows my fingers to stay in the appropriate position for forehanded approaches/putts because they dont end up getting squished up in the corner when I release, so I threw this shot yesterday with NO OAT! It was awesome, thanks MVP, now I have a new shot to add to my arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.