• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^How different do each of those Vectors and Axis fly that you need to carry 5?

some are eclipse and some are proton, and between the 2 types of plastic some are more stable, and some are more flat and some are domey.. seems like all the orange ones i have are domey and all the green ones are flatter

i also keep extra in the bag to let other people throw and try out every time i go out to the course..

seems like everyone always wants to know what im throwing when i have my MVP out.. so i bring extra to let people hold, throw, and look at

some are eclipse and some are proton, and between the 2 types of plastic some are more stable, and some are more flat and some are domey.. seems like all the orange ones i have are domey and all the green ones are flatter

i also keep extra in the bag to let other people throw and try out every time i go out to the course..

seems like everyone always wants to know what im throwing when i have my MVP out.. so i bring extra to let people hold, throw, and look at

I don't think I've ever seen an MVP disc of any mold that I would call "domey." Not even the putters.

Spreading the gospel.:thmbup:

I don't think I've ever seen an MVP disc of any mold that I would call "domey." Not even the putters.

The ion and anodes are always flat with my experience (and i have owned 15+ ions/anodes of various colors weights and eclipse/proton).

but i have some axis and vector with some super dome. that's for sure. i will get some pics up later to show. When i say domey i mean domey compared to other discs of the same mold. (They may not be domey compared to a FD, Valkyrie, etc..)

i also have a vector with a COMPLETELY flat top.. as if it got ran over by a hippo.. they don't change the flight drastically, but definitely different domes and slightly changes the flight on a finesse shot.

i really enjoy the look of the white overmold for the eclipse's. How come MVP doesn't do other colors for the overmold? Does it have to do with the weighting of the different colors or is making that particular material in different colors expensive? I think a yellow or blue overmold would look really awesome.

i really enjoy the look of the white overmold for the eclipse's. How come MVP doesn't do other colors for the overmold? Does it have to do with the weighting of the different colors or is making that particular material in different colors expensive? I think a yellow or blue overmold would look really awesome.

I heard of someone who dyed their eclipse ring red hoping it would still glow afterward no word on if it worked

They do it for consistency. Every time you change something, even as slight as coloring, you add another variable.
It's boring as hell for us, but it also helps to ensure we get the same product every time.

I have had some similarly light Ions. I have a couple soft Anodes around 168. Axis and Vectors seem to always be heavy.

168 is my sweet spot so it's good to know not to bother looking for a lighter Axis just yet.

The lightest Axes and Vecors I've seen are 174g but they're not trying to make lighter than that so if you did find a freak lighter mid it might be as low as 172g but nothing less than that.

The lightest Axes and Vecors I've seen are 174g but they're not trying to make lighter than that so if you did find a freak lighter mid it might be as low as 172g but nothing less than that.

It is the main reason why I gave up on the Axis in favor of other discs (Warship at the moment).

i throw 178g axis and couldn't imagine throwing lighter.. i think that extra heavy weight in the rim is what makes mvp discs as amazing as they are.. i pray to god they keep doing what they do and dont change a thing.

That extra weight in the edge of the rim is what makes these discs more gyroscopic, and thats why they are superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.