• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I overlooked the plastic names. And as for the "I", you have the Impulse, which would be a pretty solid name now that I think of it.

Of the ones I found, this is my favorite "I" name as well.

I like Joule for a driver name to go with Volt.

"Joule" would be awesome! As in, "Man, you should see Bobby drive! He can really Kilojoule!"

I think it would be awesome if MVP would make little Periodic Table symbols for each of their molds and either add it to the stamp or put them on Neutron/Eclipse lines to make the discs easier to differentiate visibly.

A thousand times, yes.

I think it would be awesome if MVP would make little Periodic Table symbols for each of their molds and either add it to the stamp or put them on Neutron/Eclipse lines to make the discs easier to differentiate visibly.

I wonder if Discraft would have an issue with this because of their Ti branding...

I wonder if Discraft would have an issue with this because of their Ti branding...

That's what gave me the idea...The first two things I thought when I first saw pics of the Ti discs were that they were doing plastic just like Goldline and acting like it's something new to disc golf, and that they were kind of borrowing some of MVP's scientific branding. Kind of addressing their two biggest new competitors in one move...

Yeah, what am I thinking...Of course Discraft would have debuted Ti plastic this year whether or not GL plastic and MVP discs existed and were cutting into their sales...:doh:

What? The owners of MVP post in this thread, its the "official" MVP thread... How did you come to your conclusion that its just a fanboy thread?

Sorry i didn't realize MVP sponsored this thread.:| If you want official info go to their website or facebook page. The only official thing about this is that it is the one thread where all mvp related posts are sent to.

^Check this OP. From cmrichar
MVP Company Rep

I am dedicating this to be the official MVP Disc Sports page on all our discs. If you have questions, bring them!

164318_147560878634129_137972412926309_306657_7085332_n.jpg

167209_147913975265486_137972412926309_308341_2846801_n.jpg

There has been other great topics of discussion for additional information here:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11043
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26154
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26154
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MVP-Disc-Sports/137972412926309

I understand where you guys are coming from but there is no way that 270 pages aren't going to be discussion and speculation. I can see how some people would be a little pissed about having to search through pages and pages of discussion but I mean damn, isn't that what forums are about? Discussion?

I understand where you guys are coming from but there is no way that 270 pages aren't going to be discussion and speculation. I can see how some people would be a little pissed about having to search through pages and pages of discussion but I mean damn, isn't that what forums are about? Discussion?

They seem to be more about arguments here lately.

It's too bad they didn't name the Ion "Cathode". Make a fun putter combo. But then, an understable fairway with that name might make sense, too.

Time for a new fresh thread started with rules on the first page banning all posts except for intelligently articulated speculation/discussion/reviews/suggestions for MVP. Oh, and add an age limit of 21+ to keep it mature and orderly.

Back on topic.

I received a black 173g Neutron Ion in the mail yesterday and it seems to be slightly more stable than my blue Neutron Ion, which is more stable than my old Green Proton Ions are. It seems to putt just fine and consistent with my old ones, but at higher speeds its less flippy (When throwing it on drives over 200ft). I LOVE IT.

I'm swapping all my discs over to Neutron as soon as they are available, it just feels slightly better overall.

Not sure what the purpose of Proton plastic will be anymore... besides Glow discs.

If i was MVP, i would make Neutron the Main plastic, Proton would be ONLY the glow Plastic with white rims, and release a new lower end plastic that has a chalky, rubbery, sand blasted, stiff feel for putters

MVP is doing a great job so far, they are just missing a different type of plastic. I'm not even sure if they can do any other types of plastics with their equipment, which is unfortunate, but i feel the need for a non-glossy plastic from MVP =/ not sure how else to explain it.

Bottom line. Proton and Neutron are far too similar to be two separate lines of plastic in my opinion. It feels like MVP decided they could make proton a little bit better so instead of changing the plastic they already had (and compromising consistency) they just made a new plastic line all together. Neutron is just a SLIGHT difference in feel from Proton, not enough to call it something different.. basically its 5-10% more grippy and not transparent.. That's IT.

Why, MVP?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.