• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever tried Vibram plastic?

I think MVP should make a new plastic similar to Vibram. sort of resembles a pencil eraser feel.

The hard part about doing a vibram-esque feel would be getting a polymer that will still fuse with the overmold. I love me some vibram when it's wet, but I'm sure it'd take quite a bit of time for r&d, which it seems as if MVP just doesn't have much of at this time.

Vibram rubber/plastic is the only thing that's keeping me from throwing Vibram. I can't stand the way it feels.

Without me having to re-read the 270+ pages of this thread, how do the MVP discs break in? I always wondered about that with the overmolded discs. Especially if they're part rubber part premium plastic.

Vibram's materials, machines, and processes are fundamentally different than any other company's. They do not do injection molding.

Vibram rubber/plastic is the only thing that's keeping me from throwing Vibram.

Without me having to re-read the 270+ pages of this thread, how do the MVP discs break in? I always wondered about that with the overmolded discs. Especially if they're part rubber part premium plastic.

MVP discs break in slower than any other discs I've used. Also, there is no rubber, just slightly differently formulated polymers.

Vibram rubber/plastic is the only thing that's keeping me from throwing Vibram.

They take forever to break in. Parking lot catch over the winter helped me get an ion that will turn over but it was the wearing down of the bead that made the difference. Throwing numbers and grenade shots onto asphalt didn't phase the disc at all. Hard impacts will not change the shape of medium ions one bit.

I would like to see a whole disc made from the eclipse rim plastic. I would be willing to spend the extra for it.

Only problem is the disc would be way heavy. BTW, overmold plastic is pretty much the same as their other plastics dyed black and heavily weighted with either an agent or glow additive(standard vs Eclipse).

Last edited:
I completely forgot that they don't do injection molding... but that's not to say you can't get the same feel/grip from an injection mold.

As for breaking in discs, it takes a while. The only other plastic, that I've found, of disc that doesn't break in as fast as MVP's, isn't even plastic, but rubber. (Vibram)

Only problem is the disc would be way heavy. BTW, overmold plastic is pretty much the same as their other plastics dyed black and heavily weighted with either an agent or glow additive.

The feel of the rim on eclipse plastic is so much better than the core. It has a baseline texture with high performance durability.

Only problem is the disc would be way heavy. BTW, overmold plastic is pretty much the same as their other plastics dyed black and heavily weighted with either an agent or glow additive.

Crazy, it doesn't feel the same at all.

I like how MVP discs feel in my hand. None of them really made it in the bag for some reason though.

As for breaking in discs, it takes a while. The only other plastic, that I've found, of disc that doesn't break in as fast as MVP's, isn't even plastic, but rubber. (Vibram)

That's a bummer. I personally love to cycle my mids/putters. I always carry those in base plastic for that reason. Drivers on the other hand I prefer in premium plastics simply because the wider rimmed discs seem to beat in faster. Maybe when MVP finally gets that driver out I'll give it a shot.

The feel of the rim on eclipse plastic is so much better than the core. It has a baseline texture with high performance durability.

Yes, I too would love if MVP could make the cores feel like the overmolds.:thmbup:

MVP to do list:

- Release Volt
- Add a more stiff version of plastic to the current soft->medium->(stiff? obviously somethings missing here)
- Possibly Experiment with new polymer formulas to try and make a new feeling, non-glossy plastic
- Release an under stable mindrange
- Release another fairway driver

YES!! i just noticed that.. why cant they make the whole disc feel that way?!

good call :)

MVP to do list:

- Release Volt
- Add a more stiff version of plastic to the current soft->medium->(stiff? obviously somethings missing here)
- Possibly Experiment with new polymer formulas to try and make a new feeling, non-glossy plastic
- Release an under stable mindrange
- Release another fairway driver

How about we focus on the getting Soft Neutron, Neutron Axis & Vector, and the Volt released in Proton and Neutron. That's enough for them to work on until at least next Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.