• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, its called using your discs. Weather, wear and tear, well the tear part is only blizzard flight plates but I think you get the overall idea.

No...Dye doesn't "wear out" or off...It fades and blurs a little. But it never goes away or rubs off.

Edit: Oh ...and blizzard flight plates are not the only thing that can get punctured or ripped...

Last edited:
Okay sorry! they FADE. People are sticklers for words. I guess I should have been specific that I meant fade.

Bought a proton Ion on Saturday and I'm enjoying it so far. Flies like a cross between a Rhyno and an Aviar and doesn't have the deep rim that can catch my finger like the Aviar.

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with the two pieces separating at all. I've hit some trees plenty hard trying it out for driving on some shorter holes and haven't had any gouges or separating so far but would like to hear from others. I would like to keep this disc for a couple of years at least if things keep going this well with it. Seems like once it gets seasoned some it will be nearly perfect for me.

Bought a proton Ion on Saturday and I'm enjoying it so far. Flies like a cross between a Rhyno and an Aviar and doesn't have the deep rim that can catch my finger like the Aviar.

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with the two pieces separating at all. I've hit some trees plenty hard trying it out for driving on some shorter holes and haven't had any gouges or separating so far but would like to hear from others. I would like to keep this disc for a couple of years at least if things keep going this well with it. Seems like once it gets seasoned some it will be nearly perfect for me.

I've heard stories about the very early runs having problems with the overmold partially separating. But that is still VERY unlikely. They are fused together so they're stuck like glue (better actually!).

The overmold is easily the most durable material I've seen in a disc so far. I hit A LOT of trees and all of my discs have held up great. Good luck seasoning it. MVP discs take a beating before they change much. Easily one of the longest lasting materials used in disc golf.

I've heard stories about the very early runs having problems with the overmold partially separating. But that is still VERY unlikely. They are fused together so they're stuck like glue (better actually!).

The overmold is easily the most durable material I've seen in a disc so far. I hit A LOT of trees and all of my discs have held up great. Good luck seasoning it. MVP discs take a beating before they change much. Easily one of the longest lasting materials used in disc golf.

That's good to hear. And I agree on that plastic on the outer rim. I hit a few trees with direct blows and you can't find a dent or gouge anywhere :clap:

That's good to hear. And I agree on that plastic on the outer rim. I hit a few trees with direct blows and you can't find a dent or gouge anywhere :clap:

I love MVP discs, but i disagree. I hit the basket with a soft anode on a 200ft shot and when I got to my disc there was a 1.5" long piece of overmold which had peeled back(about 1cm in width and depth). I just busted out my knife and cut it off but I've never had any disc peel or lose a chunk anywhere near that large before. By no means did it detract me from purchasing several other MVP discs though.

I hope that after the initial release of the volt in neutron they release it in eclipse as well. Love the soft feel of eclipse, and it would be interesting to see it with a driver. Call me crazy

Ive never held an eclipse, so the overmold is actually softer (more rubbery?) than the black overmold?

The way it's been explained to me by MVP-Brad is that it's now a chemical bond so it's just one piece of plastic and you shouldn't be able to peel the rim off if you gut into it. The first run or two were more like interlocking puzzle pieces but at this point you shouldn't be able to peel the rim off even if you're trying to.

I love MVP discs, but i disagree. I hit the basket with a soft anode on a 200ft shot and when I got to my disc there was a 1.5" long piece of overmold which had peeled back(about 1cm in width and depth). I just busted out my knife and cut it off but I've never had any disc peel or lose a chunk anywhere near that large before. By no means did it detract me from purchasing several other MVP discs though.

Probably just hit a sharp corner. I've gotten a ton of metal hits off the tee with all their molds and no damage. Only unusual damage I've seen was a shallow slash kn the overmold from some broken glass.

What do you guys think about the midranges, the vector in particular?

What do you guys think about the midranges, the vector in particular?

I play most of my rounds with just an axis and vector as my mids. My axis is my single disc round disc. I use the axis as my night round disc as well. I can make it do just about anything I want..even putt and drive almost as well as my dedicated discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts