• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great video Mike C! keep it up, can't wait to see some more instructional videos.

I lost my first disc today in my short DG career (7 months). It skipped into some cold,muddy water. It was my new and only black neutron axis which I've come to love. So I ow need to replace it and get a back up but i'm curious on what I should look for in an axis.

Ideally i'm looking for a predictable straight shot with maybe a little bit of fade (replacing my esp buzzz) Do I want it domey or flat? If i can compare two axis side by side do I want higher PLH? weight?

Thanks, I like this one and the portage lakes one a lot! Time to take it easy on rounds now and just throw some putts for a few days.

Dunno who that is, but I do have something pretty cool I just put together.

Small character from Arrested Development. Every time he got excited he would throw his arms up just like you did when you made that jump pump.

Steve-Holt-arrested-development-8829998-200-200.jpg

Cool, i thought i was the only outcast that quit watching TV.. would rather be outside till dusk tossing MVP!! :)

Why putters for MVP? I would think that style of disc would be best suited for drivers and mids, yet its the putters everyone loves.

I've tried multiple times to enjoy putting with Ions and Anodes, but I just can't make it work. I love them for drives and upshots, but I just can't get comfortable putting with a premium plastic. Hopefully that doesn't keep me from getting sponsored;)

Why putters for MVP? I would think that style of disc would be best suited for drivers and mids, yet its the putters everyone loves.

I like MVP putters because they're the only premium putters I've tried that have the chain grabbing ability, glide and grip I want in a putting putter. Other premium putters didn't grab chains well (Champ Rhyno, Evo Wiz), didn't glide as much as I wanted (Vibram Ridge) or didn't have the tacky grip I wanted (Pretty much every premium plastic putter but one unusually soft evo Wizard I owned).

I don't miss using a lighter to melt down dings on my Wizard every round, or watching a driving putter lose all of its high speed stability because of one bad tree hit.

Anyone else feel like their amp has more stability than their volts?

I dont have a ton of power yet, but I can get my volts out to around 325..
My volts will flip up flat and go straight for a good amount of distance, but my amp doesnt seem to do so as well. I havent thrown my amp as much so ill see how it goes the more i start to throw it. I usually end up using my amp for anhyzers though.

I spent the first 10yrs of my DG days moving from putter to putter like so many of us do. Gateway dominated my putting lineup for the 5 yrs prior to MVP. I started driving with MVP putters and still putting with my Gateway S putters for putts. Eventually my OCD got the best of me and I felt compelled to choose one putter mold. After trials and tribulations I came to the conclusion that it was easier for my Ion to do what my Gateway putters did inside the circle than for them to do what my Ion could do outside of it.

As MVP grew and shook things around I ended up putting with Soft Anodes. These putt truer, with less effort, and less OAT by FAR than anything else I've used. MVP soft putters give me an extra 10-15' of range before I jump putt over standard putters, and then of course give me at least that much extra range on my jumpers. Nothing responds to my putting snap like my Anodes (and soft Ions are pretty much the same, I just don't get as clean of releases).

Putting with premium plastic has some definite drawbacks, but MVP's putters offer enough advantages to more than offset them IMO. I'm not going to have my putting suffer 98% of the time so that I feel better about the 2% of my putts where conditions are so bad and constant that I have trouble keeping my putters dry.

If that is the case than one or both of your discs are a bit freakish for their molds. This is not surprising as MVP struggled with keeping stability consistent on these early runs of their drivers.

I dont have a ton of power yet, but I can get my volts out to around 325..
My volts will flip up flat and go straight for a good amount of distance, but my amp doesnt seem to do so as well. I havent thrown my amp as much so ill see how it goes the more i start to throw it. I usually end up using my amp for anhyzers though.

I have a white 170g Amp that flies more stable than my 175g Volt. BUT I also have a lime 175g Amp that's a nice, loooooong turnover disc. In my experience, white MVP has been screwy--at least in drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.