• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only throw tomahawks and some less-than-stellar forehand shots with my right hand.

:/

In regards to eclipse discs, how well do these guys hold up to daily use and still being able to glow at night? I'm about to get my first glow disc with my tangent in the mail and can't wait to try it out but I don't want it to be toast at night if I play too much with it during the day.

In regards to eclipse discs, how well do these guys hold up to daily use and still being able to glow at night? I'm about to get my first glow disc with my tangent in the mail and can't wait to try it out but I don't want it to be toast at night if I play too much with it during the day.

None of my E discs have died, but the glow has faded more on the ones that have spent time in my bag.

The fading glow of Eclipse discs probably has less to do with the amount of wear and tear you put on the disc and more about how much you leave it in direct sunlight.

^^^
Absolutely. I live in FL so the ones I've carried have gotten more UV.

My friend told me "You know not every disc has to be from MVP". I pondered the question and realized it's becoming that way. Innova, Gateway, and Lightning are beyond crap. That leaves Discraft, MVP, Lat 64, and Prodigy as the ones we have tried. I kicked Lat 64 out because MVP released discs that are better then the Fuse & River IMO. So I looked at Prodigy and they are very inconsistent still so why throw them. Discraft & MVP remain. The Buzzz can't leave my bag. Discraft is pretty consistent and they have good discs. So I told him that. Consistency goes a long way for me now. MVP offers is the best. But Discraft makes a mean disc.

The fading glow of Eclipse discs probably has less to do with the amount of wear and tear you put on the disc and more about how much you leave it in direct sunlight.

so...as long as I store them in a nice, dark place when I'm not playing rounds with them, I shouldn't have any problems?

Ordered a Volt 174g and an Amp 174g. My Ion is still kicking butt. Made another 30 foot putt today. I will be getting another one to have two of the same for Putting practice.

My friend told me "You know not every disc has to be from MVP". I pondered the question and realized it's becoming that way. Innova, Gateway, and Lightning are beyond crap. That leaves Discraft, MVP, Lat 64, and Prodigy as the ones we have tried. I kicked Lat 64 out because MVP released discs that are better then the Fuse & River IMO. So I looked at Prodigy and they are very inconsistent still so why throw them. Discraft & MVP remain. The Buzzz can't leave my bag. Discraft is pretty consistent and they have good discs. So I told him that. Consistency goes a long way for me now. MVP offers is the best. But Discraft makes a mean disc.

same. exact. thing. and have thrown most of them'

same. exact. thing. and have thrown most of them'

You guys clearly have never thrown a Teebird.

I'll have some video up when done processing.. throwing volts into a L/R headwind with no turn-- I would agree a teebird has more fade but turn is minimal.

my shock i have been beating in is turning into a better teebird, sorry i just like the lower profile and slim feel of the MVP fairway drivers, :) when it comes to precision nothing is beating out my MVP

Volts definitely have turn, but it is manageable. They do not have TB stability. Just today I threw a Volt 10' high, slight hyzer release and 75% power in a very mild headwind and got a gentle turnover out of it, parking a 280' hole. That's one of the selling points of the Volt for me. Stable enough that the turn can be masked with clean hyzer releases, but the turn can also be exploited for a huge amount of technical lines.

If you watch this video from the very first day I threw a Volt, before I was used to them even, you'll see a 370' hyzer at 1:50, followed by me throwing a slightly less accurate version of the line I just described above. Clearly not a teebird.

so...as long as I store them in a nice, dark place when I'm not playing rounds with them, I shouldn't have any problems?

I'm not an expert, but it should help. I'd say if you play with them during the day, keeping the cover closed on your bag couldn't hurt either. I don't really have a ton of experience with glow plastic, I just completed my glow bag over the winter and haven't actually used it yet.

What I do know is the glow mini that I kept in my regular bag has darkened across the top where it stuck out of the bag and received an overdose of sunshine, and it doesn't glow so well on that part anymore.

Alright, as I said before here, I wanted to give MVP a try and possibly take over my bag. I wanted some discs I could easily replace, and I like the way MVP does things.
I received my 7 new discs friday and had the chance to go out and throw them a little. I only threw the Volt and Shock forehand, and did one throw with the Amp. I mostly threw the mids (Axis, Vector, Tangent and Tensor).

First, the quality of the disc is amazing. They feel and look good.

I won't go into details for each disc, but I will say that so far, I really like the Tensor, Tangent and Axis. I still need some getting used to with the Vector as I feel it's quite overstable but not as confortable as the Tensor. It also doesn't have the Tensor HSS on forehand approaches.

I thought the Tangent would be a little less stable than that. It mostly fly straight, but not understable for me. It will hold the line to the ground or fade gently if it lacks the spin at the end. Amazing disc so far.

One thing I noticed is the effect of the Gyro. Some people will say that I drank the cool aid hard, but I can't help it but feel the Gyro on the discs. Just spinning the disc on my fingers makes a difference (I'm probably crazy, that's fine though).

Lastly, and I have yet to compare with other discs at the same time, but I couldn't believe how well I was flicking the Tensor/Volt/Shock. They flew amazing from the first try (almost no getting used to). I was very surprise to see all three discs having a nice HSS and yet fly straight for quite a while. So far, the biggest difference I've seen with other discs is with my flicks, those MVP are money.

I will probably try to spend some time in the field comparing my older discs to those MVP and try to build an objectif idea about them, but so far, I am really excited because they fly amazing.

My daughter really enjoys her Nano too!

Yeah, they really do. Fact is I have tried a lot of very good discs in the past. I have an amazing beat to perfection S PD in my bag, a sweet super straight flying DX Teebird, a beat Star Leopard that feels like it's the extension of my left arm (I'm LH) and a few ESP Buzzz that I can lazer at baskets. Off course, of all the discs I just mentioned ,only the Buzzzes were easily replaceable, the others were like small treasures that I could probably not replicate easily.

However, now that I think about it, I believe I wasn't just after consistency, but after some unity as well. To me, I like the idea of having a bag filled with one brand of unique discs that I know are great performer, and were thoughtfully designed. I'm eager to set up my new MVP bag for that. It seems like having a mostly** MVP bag will help me stop my desire to buy every discs that are produced from the different company.

** For now, I still carry Magic/Wizards and probably a speed 10-12 or two in the bag.

I forgot to mention that my Ion hit a road pretty hard yesterday when I overshot a hole (crazy amount of glide on that thing) and no damage at all. God bless the overmold.

Status
Not open for further replies.