• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volts definitely have turn, but it is manageable. They do not have TB stability. Just today I threw a Volt 10' high, slight hyzer release and 75% power in a very mild headwind and got a gentle turnover out of it, parking a 280' hole. That's one of the selling points of the Volt for me. Stable enough that the turn can be masked with clean hyzer releases, but the turn can also be exploited for a huge amount of technical lines.

True- I was not trying to say they don't have turn its just very easy to control with a hyzer release at 325' and under. Volts are much more workable than a teebird in that sense and agree with you, was just trying to prove a point that they are not by any means "flippy" or "bad" for throwing in a headwind and will hold a hell of a hyzer line not just fly straight-- now if this video would just finish processing?!

Tensor testing

Throwing new tensors and other MVP mids in a 15-20MPH Left to Right Headwind. Throwing mostly hyzers a few anhyzer/flex shots. You can see how windy it was, with high anny ION shot being carried away. Fun disc to throw and less touchy than a vector plus a little more OS.

You guys clearly have never thrown a Teebird.

I have thrown a Teebird. In fact I have 3 of them. The DX discs are nice but then Innova changed the plastic. All of the Champion ones I found were really domy.. So I can't really use them. Plus I am trying to leave Innova once and for all. The dragon will stay for crap shots that I don't care if I lose it and the Orc is my favorite utility disc. I am not pressing on changing those up but goodbye Valk, Teebird, and Mamba??

The Teebird is a great disc everyone should try at least once, but I don't think it would add anything to my current setup. I still toss my buddies champ TB once in a while just to be sure. Same with KC Pro Rocs. If MVP wasn't around I'd most likely have multiples of each bagged.

I'm fine with anyone not throwing a Teebird, or even wanting a whole MVP lineup. I have plenty of MVP stuff myself. I just don't get the need to bash other brands as justification for having an all-MVP lineup. If you want to have an all-MVP bag, that's cool. Just have it. No need to bash on other stuff to make it sound OK.

Nice video Chains! Can't wait to get a Tensor. Then, once MVP comes out with a distance driver, my life will be complete.

I'm fine with anyone not throwing a Teebird, or even wanting a whole MVP lineup. I have plenty of MVP stuff myself. I just don't get the need to bash other brands as justification for having an all-MVP lineup. If you want to have an all-MVP bag, that's cool. Just have it. No need to bash on other stuff to make it sound OK.

The voice of reason.

I actually like Tensor as a name. If you look up the definition it fits the disc,and its a very unique name.

Nice video Chains! Can't wait to get a Tensor. Then, once MVP comes out with a distance driver, my life will be complete.

Thanks-- in the video the first one always being thrown is the 166g and the 2nd is the 172.. not much difference at all IMO between them and the light one was just as overstable.

I still have to to throw a Tensor or Tangent. Iv'e fallen completely in love with the Suspect, and use a beat up FLX Buzzz for turning mid stuff. Am I missing out that much?

Edit: Or a Axis for that matter.

I would say the axis and your buzz would be close but the tangent is for sure worth trying.. just a fun disc to throw. Tensor is OS never thrown a suspect but would assume they both work for the OS slot its really more of feel/style than the mold when it comes to that spot in the bag IMO.. I throw them all in the above tensor testing video.

Just traded a crystal buzz for a vector. I might have just replaced my buzz. I have a tangent as well. Perfect pair IMO.

I love the tangent/axis/vector trio.

Tangent for shots to the left
Axis for straight shots
Vector for shots to the right

I actually like Tensor as a name. If you look up the definition it fits the disc,and its a very unique name.

Looked up the definition. Ok, makes sense. Still don't really like how the name sounds, but it relates perfectly with their scheme.

So I just picked up a Neutron Tangent 175g with some tourney winnings... I think the Fuse has some serious competition now... Going to try throwing my first run Axis and Vector again to see how they stack up with my mids now. Tensor should be here Monday as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.