• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. MikeC, what kind of camera do you use for your dg videos?

Answered in a previous thread:

Yep, big Bonobo fan. Used two of their songs in an old video I did with Rocs and Wizards (D song and Something For Wendy I think).

Samsung TL350, which fellow dgcer 811rv was kind enough to send my way. We have him to thank for HD.

I use my dad's old tripod from the early 80's that's missing a few bolts that I've replaced with CAT5 cable for now. I keep meaning to get one of those rotating mounts to make getting the shot level much quicker, but for now I manually adjust each leg when I'm shooting a scene from a hill.

I use Windows Live Movie Maker because I've been too lazy to learn some real video editing software. I've been huge into Photoshop since around 2000-2001 and download the trial of Adobes video editor and felt waaaaaay in over my head.

Mueltrain, one instructional video I definitely plan to shoot is discussing release angles and how different discs respond to them. Something like showing a stable-neutral disc flying on a hyzer, anhyzer, roller and flat release straight shot, then show how overstable and understable molds respond to the same thing and how you can use specific combinations to acheive certain lines, e.g. flex shot approaches with an overstsble disc, or hyzer flips with understable discs. I think under-utilizing release angles is one of the biggest things that holds newcomers back from being able to hit the lines you want. I can't imagine how frustrating shaping lines would be if I only knew how to release flat, and I feel bad when I see people release their straight flyer flat into a headwind, and then bitch about the wind. I just want to yell HYZER! :)

Giving thought to pursuing tournament play this year.

This is probably something answered within the 500 some pages of MVP dialogue; Is an x mold eagle similar a Volt or Shock in stability and glide?

This is probably something answered within the 500 some pages of MVP dialogue; Is an x mold eagle similar a Volt or Shock in stability and glide?

The EX would be in between the Volt and Shock, probably closer to the Shock all around, though the Shock is more HSS. The Volt is more like an EL in stability and glide.

Hoping for an MVP Distance Driver before its too late into the season, so far im loving my DD Trespass.

Would also like to see a Fairway Driver that's easier to throw straight without turn (like the volt) or so much fade(like the shock). Need something with the HSS of the shock and LSS of the Volt and its over :)

Maybe once i beat one of my shocks in real good it will be exactly what im looking for

I'm concerned with how thin the flight plate (sometimes) is in the center where they snip the nub off.

I have noticed that too on the fairway drivers, but it hasn't been an issue for any of the 13 I have. I have no doubt MVP will make sure it is a solid design before releasing it, just like any other company.

Regarding Tyler's pic...

I never knew that FR Ions said that on the bottom. I've never seen one, and no pics have revealed what is actually tooled in. Thanks Tyler for that pic! :thmbup:

i am sure this has been covered but I couldn't find a specific thread nor find specifics searching the 5300+ posts in this one so I am just going to ask. Speaking specifically to flight characteristics and disc grip/feel ( meaning I am not worried about dying ability) what are the differences in MVP's plastics? I have only thrown neutron and see many people always looking for proton/eclipse and don't want to stick to neutron if there are benefits to branching out.

^Personal preference really.. some people claim neutron has more grip others say proton. For the most part is like comparing champion/star (but even nicer blends than that junk) both are premium plastics and basically the same regardless of the mold.

I find proton plastic to be faster/maybe a titch more glide but a lot of my proton molds also have more dome than their neutron counterparts. Plus now they are putting sparkles in the proton ooouuu aaaawwww!!

^Personal preference really.. some people claim neutron has more grip others say proton. For the most part is like comparing champion/star (but even nicer blends than that junk) both are premium plastics and basically the same regardless of the mold.

I find proton plastic to be faster/maybe a titch more glide but a lot of my proton molds also have more dome than their neutron counterparts. Plus now they are putting sparkles in the proton ooouuu aaaawwww!!

good to know. I mean i love my neutron discs but the proton is sexier. will have to try some as I expand my bag to more MVP. Would be so much easier if I had somewhere local that was smart enough to carry it!

good to know. I mean i love my neutron discs but the proton is sexier. will have to try some as I expand my bag to more MVP. Would be so much easier if I had somewhere local that was smart enough to carry it!

Agreed, cant wait for UV BLUE, purple, and dark blue proton drivers

I know.. I reallllllllly want to see how the drivers fly in proton, plus I remember a picture of a eclipse proton volt which would be the easiest driver in the world to find anytime lol. I also feel like my proton vector, ion, anode, axis are all a little longer flying than the neutrons but might just be in my head.

I know.. I reallllllllly want to see how the drivers fly in proton, plus I remember a picture of a eclipse proton volt which would be the easiest driver in the world to find anytime lol. I also feel like my proton vector, ion, anode, axis are all a little longer flying than the neutrons but might just be in my head.

I agree w/ all of the above. :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.