• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream last night where I was about to throw my Axis and all of a sudden the color disappeared and it was just this monochromatic shade. Then it I looked at the rim and this huge gouge/gaping hole appeared and I could see in to the inside of the disc. So I decided to poke my finger in it and when I did the disc cracked in half so I dropped it; when it hit the floor it shattered and then started to realign itself in the form of a rectangle. The rectangle had a bunch of grids in it and then all of a sudden it started talking to me but that's when I woke up...

really freaked me out.

maybe it was about to tell you what the mvp driver will look like and when its coming haha

I had a dream last night where I was about to throw my Axis and all of a sudden the color disappeared and it was just this monochromatic shade. Then it I looked at the rim and this huge gouge/gaping hole appeared and I could see in to the inside of the disc. So I decided to poke my finger in it and when I did the disc cracked in half so I dropped it; when it hit the floor it shattered and then started to realign itself in the form of a rectangle. The rectangle had a bunch of grids in it and then all of a sudden it started talking to me but that's when I woke up...

really freaked me out.

They obviously got the good **** over in Raleigh! :D

So I am interested in getting another MVP disc to go with my ion. What are the differences between the Axis and the Vector? I could find out if i searched im sure but im at work.

So I am interested in getting another MVP disc to go with my ion. What are the differences between the Axis and the Vector? I could find out if i searched im sure but im at work.

Assuming a clean throw...
The Vector holds it's line at high speeds and flies overstable as it slows down.
The Axis is very straight/neutral. It wants to hold it's line of release to the end of it's flight. The Axis is slightly faster than the Vector with slightly more glide, so it flies farther with less effort.

Yea.. The Axis I feel is just on a whole different level than the Vector. The vector is great for hard hyzers and headwins, but the Axis is just a thing of beauty. It's like a Roc in premium plastic, or a buzz with good glide.. It's just awesome.

I actually prefer my vectors over my axis. Maybe when I go to get some Anodes I'll pick up a flat Eclipse and that may change my mind.

Really? I've always been a fan of overstable plastic because it's usually so much easier to throw, but during all of my field work and practice the Axis is usually a decent bit further than the Vector.. even though I feel like I can put more on the Vector since it's more forgiving.

Really? I've always been a fan of overstable plastic because it's usually so much easier to throw, but during all of my field work and practice the Axis is usually a decent bit further than the Vector.. even though I feel like I can put more on the Vector since it's more forgiving.

It's not all about distance. It's about feel and control too.

It's not all about distance. It's about feel and control too.

You consider the Vector more controllable than the Axis? Sure it's harder to flip, but I can do so much more with the Axis than the Vector. The Axis does it all... other than maybe huge meathooks like the Vector.

You consider the Vector more controllable than the Axis? Sure it's harder to flip, but I can do so much more with the Axis than the Vector. The Axis does it all... other than maybe huge meathooks like the Vector.

My flat Eclipse Vector will hold annys just fine. And I did not say it was more controllable, I said I MYSELF have more control with it.

Assuming a clean throw...
The Vector holds it's line at high speeds and flies overstable as it slows down.
The Axis is very straight/neutral. It wants to hold it's line of release to the end of it's flight. The Axis is slightly faster than the Vector with slightly more glide, so it flies farther with less effort.

I agree with this assessment.

The Axis is a max weight super stiff Glo Buzzz - they fly almost exactly the same to me (and I'm very loyal to my Glo Buzzzes).

The Vector is a Roc that went to school and learned how to fight wind better. It may take more power to throw than your garden variety DX Roc though.

I vote that whenever MVP gets time to come out with a new plastic for the core, they should make all the cores either black or white and makes the overmolds different colors.

nothing drops out of the air quite like a gator when thrown hard and flat. as soon as that sumbitch slows down it dumps left. hard. The fade on vectors occurs and is significant but the disc keeps moving forward. If I could get that (gator-y) flight in durable plastic and with the consistency and quality control that MVP provides in a disc, off the shelf, every damn time, I would buy it over and over again.

Vector + hyzer = Drone. I've personally never seen someone put their Drone on a line I couldn't replicate with my Vector, or for that matter same thing with the Zone and Ion. Not everything has to be thrown hard and flat, you can throw it hard and hyzer too and when you do Vectors fade very aggressively. Thrown hard with hyzer they fade early, they fade hard, and there is a lot of lateral movement rather than the forward fade they normally show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts