• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've got my first two MVP's, A clear First Run Vector and a First Run Axis. This Vector looks clear as glass, I hope it gets that blue hue about it in the sun! Thanks to "Flinchum" for helping me get on the MVP bandwagon!

Now somebody give me some soft Ions!!! :D

Well I've got my first two MVP's, A clear First Run Vector and a First Run Axis. This Vector looks clear as glass, I hope it gets that blue hue about it in the sun! Thanks to "Flinchum" for helping me get on the MVP bandwagon!

Now somebody give me some soft Ions!!! :D

It will turn blue. I ordered a shipment of MVP discs a while back, marked all the blue ones down as 'clear' because it was at night and there was no blue hue to it at all.

Should clean up easily with some 220g sandpaper or rubbing it against a tree trunk. My first Axis only had a tiny bit of flashing in two small areas of the rim. Second one had a bit more, but the overmold material is soft enough that you can remove it in a heartbeat. Neither disc had any sharpness at all on the bottom of the rim and I didn't have to do a thing to them before throwing the first times...only discs I've ever had like that.

The flashing on my vector is crazy too, never seen a disc with this much flashing at the parting line.

That's the weird thing about MVP discs is some of them do have some pronounced flashing on the parting line but not at the bottom of the disc. Probably due to how they mold ****. Most my MVP discs have very little flashing or none at all but I have purchased one particular Ion that had a very noticeable amount along the parting line.

YRfzm.jpg

It tends to wear off pretty quick though.

Last edited:
Yea, my bad on the clear Vector, didn't catch that he said "vector". I actually had a clear blank Vector in my MVP package I ordered a while back.

I got some 2nd run Ions recently that had quite a bit of flashing on them like that, but none of my Vector's or Axis have been like that. Luckily since the flashing is on the overmold it doesn't cut into your grip like the flashing on champion drivers.

Played a charity tournament at flip city today using my axis and ion for all but 4 throws :p
Had one of the better scores for the day too.
I'm pretty sure between my slightly domey eclipse axis and my 11x cal teebird I'll rule the world eventually :D

I've read about 100 posts in all 3 MVP threads today and my brain turned to mush. I'm so confused: opaque, proton, Eclipse glow, soft, medium, 1st run, 2nd run..etc.

I want to try some MVP discs. I have some questions first ( sorry if i'm repeating questions already asked..brain is mush remember?):

1. I want to try the Ion first. Which kind should i get if i've never thrown MVP before? Opaque? Proton? Eclipse? Medium? Soft?-I currently use Wizards to approach/ wind putt with:168S, 172SS & 175SSS.

2. The new Anode sounds like it could replace my 175S Warlock as my main putter. Would it?

3. Would the Vector replace my Gator in the overstable Midrange catagory? If so, which plastic?

4. Would the Axis replace my Z & X Buzzzes for stable midranges? I use the Meteor and Comet for my Understable Mid duties.

*Paging MikeC*

Again, sorry if i've repeated already asked questions. These MVP discs sound like they have really helped other people's game. I hope they can help mine. I look forward to see what they offer in the future- maybe some drivers?

For me, the Axis holds any line I put it on. It's everything that the Buzzz has with a bit more glide. I really prefer the way the Axis feels in my hand, but that's relative. I've turned a few discers onto the Axis just by letting them throw it. GREAT disc.

The Vector will still hold a great line, but it seems to hook and fade a touch more. Not terribly overstable, but great at putting on the brakes on sitting down on upshots.

I only use my firm Ion in winds, or as a driving putter. It's more overstable than my "go to" Aviar, and feels heavier on shorter putts. Can't speak of the soft Ions...

Haven't tried the new putter........... Yet.

Now the ironically funny part... Color. I have thrown the mids in the following colors, and the dominess effects the stability and seems to be effected by the color. I prefer the green, but from most stable to least, IMO:

OVERSTABLE

Clear
Pink
Yellow
Green

STABLE

^This needs to be considered in the mids. It's not a huge difference, but it's worth noting. If you have good snap, go more overstable. If you're still getting your hit down, go stable. Either way, these discs are very beginner friendly and will grow as you do.

I'm still not huge on the Ion, but no disc hinges on personal preference more than putters, and I love my Aviar. The mids however, are amazing. I wish more people could get past the gimmicky aspect and give them a try. Especially the Axis. There is no disc that I'm more exited to reach into my bag for. Period.

Last edited:
If you like your Wizards with flex in the flightplate like I'm guessing you do go with a soft Ion. Doesn't matter if it's eclipse or not, just make sure it's a newer run with no texturing on the bottom.

warlock and Anode? Never threw a warlock but I'm guessing that it could based on what I k ow about Warlocks.

The first run domey Vectors might be comparable to your Gator if it's the less stable version w/o the bead, but for the most part any Vector will have more glide than any Gator. New runs of Vectors are flatter and more comparable to a slightly faster kc pro roc than a gator, they just have a lot more glide than stuff like gators and drones. Thrown with hyzer it will fly prettymuch all the same lines but if you like to release everything flat it won't.

For me the Axis is a neutral point and shoot disc. It holds any line I put it on FH or BH, any distance. Compared to the Buzz (Been a while wince I tossed one so take this with a grain of salt) I think they glide more, fade out later and much more gradually, and are more true neutral in stability. It's kind o like having fresh Comet stability in a Buzz profile, and it can be thrown low and hard like a Buzz. I think it might be a tiny bit slower than the buzz but it's exceptional glide still lets it hit those low lines.

I've read about 100 posts in all 3 MVP threads today and my brain turned to mush. I'm so confused: opaque, proton, Eclipse glow, soft, medium, 1st run, 2nd run..etc.

I want to try some MVP discs. I have some questions first ( sorry if i'm repeating questions already asked..brain is mush remember?):

1. I want to try the Ion first. Which kind should i get if i've never thrown MVP before? Opaque? Proton? Eclipse? Medium? Soft?-I currently use Wizards to approach/ wind putt with:168S, 172SS & 175SSS.

2. The new Anode sounds like it could replace my 175S Warlock as my main putter. Would it?

3. Would the Vector replace my Gator in the overstable Midrange catagory? If so, which plastic?

4. Would the Axis replace my Z & X Buzzzes for stable midranges? I use the Meteor and Comet for my Understable Mid duties.

*Paging MikeC*

Again, sorry if i've repeated already asked questions. These MVP discs sound like they have really helped other people's game. I hope they can help mine. I look forward to see what they offer in the future- maybe some drivers?
1. The only ones in production are the clear ones, opaques are a thing of the past. Proton is the name of the plastic, and has always been, since the start. They just changed the colorant and it's clear now, but still the same old Proton otherwise. Eclipse just means that the outer rim has glow material in it, otherwise they're the same discs. Soft vs. medium is a personal preference thing. Softs tend to have better grip due to the slight give in the plastic, especially in the cold, and are usually valued by spin putters, where as push putters like the added rigidity of the mediums. I use both, basically depending on my mood at the time.

2. Of course it could, like any number of putters could. You'll have to try and see. Most putters work pretty similarly for putting inside the circle anyway.

3. Vectors are only available in one plastic, Eclipse isn't really a plastic option as such. They'll be more glidey and less meathooky than Gators, especially if they're flat. It's best to think of them more along the lines of overstable premium Rocs than stuff like Gators or Drones. Domey ones are more overstable on the whole than flat ones, flat ones can be really neutral when powered.

4. Axis is a straight disc but pretty darn touchy for OAT (especially the flat ones, slightly domey ones fare better), so depending on your form they can work as Buzzz replacements. And Comets are by no means understable mids, unless beaten to death. If you use them for understable purposes I'd wager the Axis will also fly understable for you.

My new to me clear first run Vector definitely doesn't get that blue tint to it in the sun. Gonna have to be careful where I throw this thing.

Guess I need to get a colored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts