• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question. You should pick up an eclipse something this week when we go to GGGT. I have some dye to give you also because it needed to get out of the house.

I could theoretically consider trading my driver for like 30 or so new premium plastic discs, but I'd have to be drunk for that to happen. And my driver isn't a big brand model, just custom fitted. Two IONs for some golf clubs isn't normal, but on meth it is.

$40 for some clubs that do not sell on ebay was fine to me! Hell, years ago when these clubs were much newer and closer to top of the line, I paid $20 on ebay for the two fairway woods.

funny, i was just thinking about trading my ball golf stuff. although my titanium drivers and Calloway Big Bertha irons are worth more than 2 discs,IMO.

Depends on how old they are. Selling golf stuff on ebay isn't worth the trouble to me. I've sold a few clubs on there. Made out like a bandit on a Scotty Cameron putter, once. I had been watching ebay for the clubs I traded in, some McGreggor V Foil Driver and woods, and they don't seem to sell. They are listed for all kinds of prices, but there are some listed dirt cheap <$10 with no bids etc. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Somebody want to go into detail more about the magic Ion putt? I thought my putting was improving, but trying the two I have now out, my putting is all to hell with them.

I get my best results with Ions giving them some spin, keeping the disc flat not hyzer or anhyzer, and putting straight at the chains rather than trying to hzyer it in from the right side.

I tried putting with the medium ION but had to aim right of the chains because of the fade it has with lower spin. Especially at 30-40 ft. out. My form trying to compensate for that fade by putting a touch of Anny depending on how far out I was. Never consistent... Some good days...mostly brutal. You've heard this before but everyone has their own approach. I'm sure after 3000 putts with these you could be half as good as Mike C. I was coming from Aviars when the ION came to town. Big adjustment for me.

I forgot what the question was.....

I just saw this video on youtube. Nate Doss in slow motion.It looks to me that he's throwing some MVP discs..or some type of Discraft prototype that has a molded edge. Maybe i'm wrong.

I just saw this video on youtube. Nate Doss in slow motion.It looks to me that he's throwing some MVP discs..or some type of Discraft prototype that has a molded edge. Maybe i'm wrong.

I don't see anything but Discraft discs. Nothing has an overmold.

A couple of those drivers looked suspiciously like gl plastic.

But on a totally unrelated note: Ions are terrific straddle putting putters. My confidence is at new levels, but now I'm gonna go fudge it up by trying out the fudging anode. MVP is really boofing me with this new anode business :D

A couple of those drivers looked suspiciously like gl plastic.

But on a totally unrelated note: Ions are terrific straddle putting putters. My confidence is at new levels, but now I'm gonna go fudge it up by trying out the fudging anode. MVP is really boofing me with this new anode business :D

that first disc he threw, could have easily been discraft's TI plastic

Yea, that purplish one looked like Ti, he threw it twice in the video.

And I think he foot faulted on his last throw. His foot was on the edge of the tee pad, but fell off of it mid-throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts