• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that everyone is super excited beyond words about this new weapon that MVP has created, but can we keep all the YES!!!, FINALLY, and SUPER EXCITEDs to a minimum and kind of keep this as a true discussion about the new disc. Or at least post it in the other Volt thread. Also, lets try to keep the "WHEN IS THE RELEASE DATE?!" posts to a minumum also, they'll tell us when they do and no sooner.

Thanks people! :)

Numbers are pretty similar to everyone's beloved Discmania disc, the PD

MVP Disc Sports Volt 175.1 21.1 1.6 1.1 17.1 2.0 5.2 28.25 10.09
DiscmaniPowerDriver 175.1 21.1 1.7 1.2 17.3 1.9 5.7 28.25 11.11

Ok, I'm settling on the closest match as the Starfire-L as I go to bed:

SL: 175.1 21.1 1.7 1.1 17.1 2.0 5.2 29.00 9.41
Volt: 175.1 21.1 1.6 1.1 17.1 2.0 5.2 28.25 10.09

It's close to a lot of other discs though. Some a lot less stable, so this may not be worth a lot.

In any case I'd be pretty happy if it flew similar SL (as opposed to something understable).

Ok, I'm settling on the closest match as the Starfire-L as I go to bed:

SL: 175.1 21.1 1.7 1.1 17.1 2.0 5.2 29.00 9.41
Volt: 175.1 21.1 1.6 1.1 17.1 2.0 5.2 28.25 10.09

It's close to a lot of other discs though. Some a lot less stable, so this may not be worth a lot.

In any case I'd be pretty happy if it flew similar SL (as opposed to something understable).

Good find, I'd be happy with a nice HSS SL-like disc. (Sounds like a longer teebird, or rather a bit like a striker to me!)

Ok, so we've got the Volt pretty much dialed in/discussed as much as we can at this point pending any more info about them. On to the Neutron plastic!

It's pretty safe to assume it's a Star/ESP-esque plastic. Perhaps it'll be a little less durable then the Proton (like ESP/Star is to Z/Champ) which will make their mids/putter break in to the sweet spot faster. Hopefully it is nice and grippy.

This question is more directed at Chad or Brad, but what will happen to Eclipse discs now? Will they be in both Proton and Neutron plastic? Probably will be better answered at a later date.

Surge- 175.1 21.1 1.6 1.2 17.1 2.2 5.7 30.25 10.55

Close, but I feel the wing is too big. Surge is still a step up from the Volt. The Avenger's specs are closer to the Volt.

Reading this.. I just understand that it's going to be good.. lol. Smart people in this thread.

Boo! I WANT AN MVP TEEBIRD EQUIVALENT!

Seriously though, I'm not really understanding why they wouldn't slowly work their way up in speeds, learning along the way. The Volt seems like way too big a jump to me from the Axis and Vector.

Boo! I WANT AN MVP TEEBIRD EQUIVALENT!

Seriously though, I'm not really understanding why they wouldn't slowly work their way up in speeds, learning along the way. The Volt seems like way too big a jump to me from the Axis and Vector.

I was anticipating a teebird-like disc from them as their first driver also.

Well this sounds great. The Neutron plastic sound pretty awesome and it will be interesting to see if they use it for eclipse discs as well. I wonder how long it will be until they produce the Volt in normal Proton plastic.

Crazy week for me. First the Saint and now the Volt. I hope no other companies I like decide to come out with another awesome disc that I'll have to buy.

I'll have them in stock a.s.a.p.! The only Indianapolis area mobile Pro Shop! And the only Pro shop that stocks MVP.

It's pretty ballsy to go after the pd's market share, nice.
As a pd thrower I like MVP's move here, a driver designed for professionals :cool:
A stable speed 9/10 driver fits both the controlled 300'-400' fairway drives and can easily fit the distance driver role. No need for multiple discs.
And as a huge star fan, 90% of my bag is star plastic, I say its about Damn time :p
Glad to see you guys put a lot of thought into this and didn't just go warp speed. Hope eclipse volts are in the works too, I play a lot of glow and discmania doesn't seem to be in a hurry to make my glow bag..

The "longer teebird" statement makes me laugh every time. Every new disc is always a longer teebird... Even when it has HS turn, "well, it's like a beat in teebird"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts