• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who is thinking of spending a couple hundred on discs for his kids,
This thread has me thinking of purchasing from another company...
Its counter productive and filled with babble.

Sure you are buddy, sure you are....

I made a thread about food on a food forum, people argued, better not buy your kids any food!!!!!!!

I still think the Higgs Boson would be an awesome disc. You wouldn't be able to see it, but you'd know it's there because you'd feel something pull out of your hand and you'd see the chains move.

This is SUPPOSED to be a fanboy thread complete with speculation. This isn't an official outlet for MVP information.

What? The owners of MVP post in this thread, its the "official" MVP thread... How did you come to your conclusion that its just a fanboy thread?

I don't know where the subatomic particles (or fields with respect to Higgs-Boson) are coming from. That's definitely not the trend I see when looking at the names. Putter - circuitry/electrical networks, Mids - basic geometrical terminology, Drivers - EM related quanities (maybe physics units in general, 1 is little to generalize for a word that is interpreted both ways).

In relation to these names, I'd really like to see a super overstable midrange called the Curl, a really understable putter called the Switch, and a distance driver will a little beef to it (like a Predator) called the Charge.

This is fun to think of a disc and match a physics word to it.

What? The owners of MVP post in this thread, its the "official" MVP thread... How did you come to your conclusion that its just a fanboy thread?

In the sense that we get one, maybe two, "official" posts a month from the company and its representatives. If it were limited to that, we'd be better off just checking the website.

As fans of MVP, the thread also serves as a place to discuss released discs, and get excited about up and coming discs.

All the discussion on this thread, however, is primarily generated first by an official post.

So it's an "official" thread that, by nature of being a forum thread, generates fan-base discussion.

I don't know where the subatomic particles (or fields with respect to Higgs-Boson) are coming from. That's definitely not the trend I see when looking at the names. Putter - circuitry/electrical networks, Mids - basic geometrical terminology, Drivers - EM related quanities (maybe physics units in general, 1 is little to generalize for a word that is interpreted both ways).

In relation to these names, I'd really like to see a super overstable midrange called the Curl, a really understable putter called the Switch, and a distance driver will a little beef to it (like a Predator) called the Charge.

This is fun to think of a disc and match a physics word to it.

Plastic names (Proton/Neutron) and the Ion generate the discussion of names at the atomic level.

That, and there are no good electrical terms that start with "I". :)

But I definitely like the suggestions. And matching names with flight is a neat idea.

Ah, I overlooked the plastic names. And as for the "I", you have the Impulse, which would be a pretty solid name now that I think of it.

I think it would be awesome if MVP would make little Periodic Table symbols for each of their molds and either add it to the stamp or put them on Neutron/Eclipse lines to make the discs easier to differentiate visibly.

MVP definitely has a cool thing going with their name scheme. Let's hope they don't ruin it by arbitrarily releasing "the Chihuahua" or something...

If they named their next one Cthulhu, I'd buy many!

:thmbup: Awesome but it seems more Westside with their more "metal" stuff. Going with the subatomic particle theme we could see the Nucleus, Muon, Tau, Baryon, Fission, Fusion, Plasma, Bosun, etc. The possibility is endless!

"official" posts a month from the company and its representatives.
only the posts from the MVP owners are official :)

this wheel of fortune game... official guessing. i get that it's fun to guess names, but unfortunately it might seem like official hinting when it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts