• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the discussion was more about how some discs can emphasize already existing OAT more than others. It always comes down to the player to make adjustments, whether it is modifying their grip, or trying a disc that fits their style better.

I like the Ion, too, but I had the same problems with the bead. Now I am tossing the Anode. I still OAT it sometimes, but it is not as bad.

Got my 8th ace today! Thanks MVP.
fyEBNl.jpg

this discussion almost blames the disc for OAT. If other people can throw the disc with no OAT, then it's not the discs fault. OAT is always the fault of the thrower, and more specifically, their grip. i'm not trying to target anyone specific with this statement, so don't get offended or come back on me like i'm being a jerk. But if you have OAT, you are best to own it, blame yourself, then fix what's causing it and move on. it's the same as any other fault, totally correctable once you identify the root cause.

/end OAT rant.

i like the ion :)

For watever reason, I have trouble throwing the Wizard. I don't get the nice flight out of it like a lot of people do. I believe it has something to do with the bead and the shape of the disc; I can tell my release isn't clean every time I throw it. I throw an Ion fine and get the fantastic overstable, yet glidey flight out of it. It is probably a very small difference that shows itself when I try to throw them 300'.

I guess you could say I blame the Wizard for that, but I won't tell someone not to try it along with the Ion and Anode when they ask about good driving putters.

FWIW, I have the same problem with the Roc, but not the Vector.

Last edited:
Well I took a Volt out today and got a new farthest throw at 315'. Not much but for me it's awesome to have a new max D. Thank you MVP.

Threw my best round ever today with a simple Volt-Axis-Anode setup. And while my score was still +1, lines just felt nice and easy. All of these discs are super versatile, and if it weren't for finding out how much of an anny I can get out of the Volt (resulting in an unexpected OB shot), I could have gone under par. Oh well.

Shot of the day came on this hole. The basket is back and to the left, and the Axis held a gorgeous anny line, putting me pin high about 15 feet out.

All in all, I am really excited about my little MVP experiment for the month. Can't wait to get out and throw again!

Well...it happened. This has been a day I both feared and anticipated. My beloved Titanic has become...too flippy. It's begun to flip on even 30' putts, and is no longer a viable or realistic option for my future putting needs. I felt that this day was fast approaching and I had purchased some possible replacements, including a couple Neutron Anodes. I will even go as far as admitting that I didn't think to try any MVP before because I thought the Proton plastic plus the Black overmold looked childish and gimmicky. That was before I laid eyes upon the beauty that is a black on black Neutron Anode.

WHAT A PUTTER!

Hey-zues! This just what I was looking for! Premium plastic? check. Lots of glide? check. Neutral flight? check. Available in black? check. It's on, guys. It is so very, very on. I'm stepping up my game this next year, and it starts now. MVP...MotherVuckingPutters!

Anode works great for straight, anny or hyzer, but none of mine do a good turnover. They flick quite well though.

Thanks Mike.

I ended buying a soft Anode, because I wanted extra grip and flex.
One of these days I'll actually be able to test it. :\

Had ample time to check out my new Volts, as well as the Axis and Vectors in Neutron, and all I can say is the Volt is a game changer. Had a couple buddies with different throwing styles test them out and they handle every shot we needed. Big long BH hyzers, sweeping FH s curves, and the hardest most accurate spike tomahawks I have seen. Have a feeling it's gonna change a lot of bags. Already taking strokes off my backhand.

Got a new max d today of 335' with the volt. I keep maxing out everyday, this is crazy. I'm think some of it must be in my head but damn this is a solid disc.

Brought my Volts to BRP on Friday for the first time. About 90% of my shots off the tee were with either my Volts, N or P Axes, or N Ion. Ended up shooting a 85 with two 5s and a 6. The Volt gave me a good 4 birds alone. Loving the entire MVP setup I have going.

Gah... still waiting on my Volt. This is like some sick sort of torture... I've been waiting a year already, so I guess I can wait a but longer.

Anyways I am glad the disc is generally liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.