• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess i should say, i have to get at least 32 discs for the direct order. if people want to jump in on this, i'm down to collaborate. i'll probably be sending my order in at the beginning of next week, so if you know what you want, shoot me a PM over the weekend. fyi, the bigger the amount the better :thmbup:

definitely for it if the price isn't too bad. I need to test a couple amps. Already have volts and shocks and I need an understable forehand. It will be fun mastering this disc for annys and hyzer flips

I really like the amp for finesse forehands, flips, or uphill forhands. Has great glide and workability without being too touchy.

This piece of MVP memorabilia is available for auction here:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85691

die-plaque-downsized.jpg

I'm gonna win that auction. Then take the plate off, order some new blank neutrons and stamp them with this. I will make a fortune selling old run ions!!! Hahahah you are all my minions!!!!

J/k that is freaking awesome!!!!

Last summer when I visited the guys I made them examine the Sword extensively. They were watching the lines I was putting it on when we played and they were impressed. Unfortunately the first time I let Chad throw it he griplocked and hit a DJ playing in the pavillion straight across the back. Anyway I think we will see something like the Sword...The profiles of their fairway drivers so far are very similar to the Sword, so in general it seems like their kind of disc.

im interested to hear what the differences you find in the volt over your sword. besides distance. i personally feel they have very similar flight hss and lss. if mvp was to produce i sword, i would like to see one with more hss. i feel on calm days the sword can be dependably stable, but add 5mph heads and shes is your new turnover disc.
also more interesting, i just gave menacewarf a sword and have one myself for all out max distance. so fingers crossed, it would be a rather seamless transition if what you say is true.

on a side note, mvp is addicting like lays chips, bet you cant just have one.

im interested to hear what the differences you find in the volt over your sword. besides distance. i personally feel they have very similar flight hss and lss. if mvp was to produce i sword, i would like to see one with more hss. i feel on calm days the sword can be dependably stable, but add 5mph heads and shes is your new turnover disc.
also more interesting, i just gave menacewarf a sword and have one myself for all out max distance. so fingers crossed, it would be a rather seamless transition if what you say is true.

Same distance but the sword is not a fairway driver... It's a speed 12 isn't it?

That stamp is pretty flippin' sweet... Don't think the wife would go for it though. >.<

In other news, I played my first glow round of the year last night. You have NO idea how much I missed my MVP drivers. It was painful. >.<

The Volt and the (VIP)Sword have a very similar stability and flightpath, and both are equally useful on all three basic release angles (flat, anny, hyzer). The Swords you have sound a bit less stable than mine...I don't think twice about throwing my Sword in a 10mph headwind. I hope that MVP's distance driver comes out like my more HSS Swords, though a little more wind resistance would be nice.

Same distance but the sword is not a fairway driver... It's a speed 12 isn't it?

Think he said besides distance.

I definitely see a bit of the similarity jake mentions except for the volt just has that unique MVP flight where before any LSS stability kicks in the Volt just flies in another gear. Jake has commented on the volt seeming "glide less" but what I think what he notices is that it seems to fall out of the sky once LSS kicks in and my theory is that that is when the GYRO influence really dies back too. To contrast his DD Escape glides right through the LSS. It could just be the way I throw too.

To be honest I don't have my form dialed enough this year to be the best judge of a speed 12 disc yet. Also I've only chucked the Sword a handful of times. I've been maxing the Volt around 420-430 and haven't got any further than that with the sword yet.

The Volt and the (VIP)Sword have a very similar stability and flightpath, and both are equally useful on all three basic release angles (flat, anny, hyzer). The Swords you have sound a bit less stable than mine...I don't think twice about throwing my Sword in a 10mph headwind. I hope that MVP's distance driver comes out like my more HSS Swords, though a little more wind resistance would be nice.

yea, i started with the tourny 170g, nice tight s flight. so when i got a 175 vip i figured it would have similar flight with a decent bit more fight to it but...not much different. might have to have you hand pick one for me at some point when im ready to order or just anxiously await mvp:\

Thinking about this a bit more I think the way my Volts fall as LSS kicks in helps the volt function as a "control" driver. I think it is a contributing factor to never losing mine to the right during headwind shots or slightly over torqued shots.

Yeah so far I've never lost a volt to the right, although my amp on the other hand lol

Yeah so far I've never lost a volt to the right, although my amp on the other hand lol

I've never used another driver which has such resistance to drifting right or hyzering out. From a total of now a few hundred volt drives I've thrown exactly 2 hyzer shanks and 0 turn and burns.

i think MomentuM would make a sweet disc name for something like a sword. so many obvious reasons it fits with mvp too. from mass and velocity to how momentum can change a round or whole tourny....its even fun to say

Blasted center chains on hole 1 of my course today with my bagged Shock for what would have been a likely skip Ace if I had installed a second set of chains on my baskets :eek:. Instead it tumbled right through and landed 5 feet away. I think that's enough to get me motivated to start pricing out chain.

I took my soft anode out on sunday to see what it's all about. Had two cage hits and two chainouts in 18 holes with it. I think it made the audition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts