• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

Tickled chains on a 380' hole through a tight fairway this afternoon with a 164 Fission Volt. Finally thought I broke the 350' barrier on an ace. These things fly some sweet lines, almost like a seasoned Volt but easier.

Top reminds me of old school glow in the dark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 106
Awesome man, got one just like it with less blue and 163! I only threw a couple in the yard but wow, can tell its gonna see a lot of drives on the course.

Question for the testers. I bag a pair of craves, high 160's for typical work and a high 150's for tailwinds and essentially the same as you're saying - similar lines to a normal Crave, but easier. I can understand the fission material being necessary due to the minimum weight of the Volt core, but in theory, would a 150's fission Crave be any different than a 150's Proton/Neutron Crave? (I presume fission will go lower than neutron into 140's etc.)

well of course in "theory" it should be different but noticing the flight differences at such a light weight already from your current throwers would seem to be pretty miniscule. I think the major point of the fission tech is to keep the newer faster speed discs within 150 class ranges as well as previous molds which plasma cannot accomidate that range so you get full 150-max weight regardless of the disc model. I don't think you will see fission craves anytime soon unless MVP decides to go with ultra light discs or feels they provide a signifigant difference to current 150 class craves.

sure it would but the overmolds on the newer models are already larger than the older models. That's why you get the larage weight distribution off the shelf from 150 to max weight. Only older models and a few others has this been a issue with really so they can fill in those SMALL gaps with the fission tech and do some other crazy things as they see fit. Its truly perfect when you think about it from a volt perspective. Vector?! lets go!!!!

Last edited:
Not a tester, but the core to rim weight ratio would be different, adding even more weight to the outside.

If you're meaning in general compared to heavier discs, yes. If you were responding to 150's neutron vs 150's fission - I would think not, assuming the overmolds are homogenous, then the cores weight the same.

FWIW, I had no use of discs as light as 150's before MVP and now I have many uses of my light crave, bubbles or not. Its very controllable and predictable.

nothing new that hasn't been said. i don't throw volts anymore i clicked with he crave wy more. but i had to check out the fission volt. hot dang 375 on a frozen rope which is far for me i rarely get to 370. I cannot wait til some of the faster drivers come in this plastic. the evil brothers are at it again! great job!

sure it would but the overmolds on the newer models are already larger than the older models. That's why you get the larage weight distribution off the shelf from 150 to max weight. Only older models and a few others has this been a issue with really so they can fill in those SMALL gaps with the fission tech and do some other crazy things as they see fit. Its truly perfect when you think about it from a volt perspective. Vector?! lets go!!!!

I see your point about the old core molds, but why do you think they're pumping out a Fission Tesla already? Unless they put it sub-150, it's for the core/rim distribution, which means it could be a factor with other molds.

I don't think tesla. I just mean future faster stuff 11 speed and up fission makes it easy to keep tem in the 150 through max weight range availability. Imagine a 13 speed disc with a super light weight core..

I smell word record distance potential :D

I don't think tesla. I just mean future faster stuff 11 speed and up fission makes it easy to keep tem in the 150 through max weight range availability. Imagine a 13 speed disc with a super light weight core..

I smell word record distance potential :D

Ahhh gotcha. Yeah I'm looking forward to the high speed stuff in light weights. I'd take a speed 12 Insanity all day. Pew pew pew!

I received my Fission Volt yesterday and today played a round of disc golf with it. I think I found my go-to fairway/distance driver.

This thing is LOOOONG and straight. I couldn't believe the amount of glide and distance I was getting out of it! Where I'd normally use a speed 12-13 disc, I threw this disc and it sat right under the basket.

Besides the great flight, I really like the feel of the plastic. It is like a softer neutron and there are no bubbles visible.

I'll be waiting to see what other discs MVP releases in this plastic.

Played my first round with my 163g F Volt this morning at my local course. Wanted to really get a good idea of what it can do, so brought only my Atom, Axis and Volt. I've played the course over 100 times and this morning tied my personal best at 2 under. I absolutely love the F Volt.

This thread is major drool factor. Want to try this plastic with a Volt and Insanity.
Do it! I haven't gotten much use out of my Fission and Plasma Volts yet (25+mph winds every day this week have left me reaching for plastic I know better) but the couple of throws I've gotten in with my 156g Fission have me eager for a calm day so I can see what it really does. Almost without fail I have been 10-15' longer than my target when I throw the Fission. Without calm weather I can't say that it's 100% the disc, but the plastic feels great, and I'm loving a lightweight Volt! I bought the Fission Volt as a throw-in to go along with my Plasma, but I think it's going to be the one taking throws from my FR Volt, and kicking the last DX Teebird out of my bag.

Do it! I haven't gotten much use out of my Fission and Plasma Volts yet (25+mph winds every day this week have left me reaching for plastic I know better) but the couple of throws I've gotten in with my 156g Fission have me eager for a calm day so I can see what it really does. Almost without fail I have been 10-15' longer than my target when I throw the Fission. Without calm weather I can't say that it's 100% the disc, but the plastic feels great, and I'm loving a lightweight Volt! I bought the Fission Volt as a throw-in to go along with my Plasma, but I think it's going to be the one taking throws from my FR Volt, and kicking the last DX Teebird out of my bag.

Your power level may be higher than mine, but I've actually found the Fission Volt to handle a headwind quite well with a pinch of hyzer. Straightens out nicely and still has a little bit of fade.

Loving this disc more and more. Quite pleased to have a Volt back in my bag after a couple years.