• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

Would that make it similar to the early ions where the overmolded covered the bead partially? Those flew great!

Still shallower and no flashing or anything at the bottom truly beadless lol.

First runs were pretty understable. Havent had a chance to rip on the modified ion yet like the FR in this old video.

Dude Aim... If these fly like FR's we are going to have some discussions!! That is my one regret from selling my Fr. I didn't have my trusty US driving putter to compliment the 2nd run stability!

Dude Aim... If these fly like FR's we are going to have some discussions!! That is my one regret from selling my Fr. I didn't have my trusty US driving putter to compliment the 2nd run stability!

No. They dont. But will once you beat one in they will turn like that one FR in the video. MikeC has video of the ones he bashed that flip up and turn all the way over.

I just cut the bead off to see wtf it would be like.

Hmm...is that micro bead on the Anode by design, or just how the OM mates with the core?

Its like proxy/atom. You can see the core bottom but its whatever. Like the pure where people think its beadless but has a mircobead when you look close. Seems to by design in general help HSS.

Its like proxy/atom. You can see the core bottom but its whatever. Like the pure where people think its beadless but has a mircobead when you look close. Seems to by design in general help HSS.

My Anodes all have it...just that I thought MVP designed the Anode as beadless. You make a good point re Proxy/Atom though.

Finally got to putt with my (174g) Electron Ion. Conditions were quite wintry, wet slush everywhere, and it was awesome having a baseline MVP putter to combat that. The grip is fairly tacky but a teensy bit slicker than I expected; I expect it to grip up more as it gets dirty and "cured." I think it will be a great putting putter and surprised me how straight it flew on putts. It finished remarkably straight even on my low power/spin type putts, very point-and-shoot. I even deuced one of the toughest holes on the course to 2 by nailing a long putt-jump. This might sneak into my permanent putter slot.

Didn't do anything with it as a thrower yet. The ground was pretty nasty and made me more of a lumberjack than normal so I didn't want to risk warping it right away. I have a feeling it will fly pretty neutral like those opaque protons with molds that sat low on the bead except a little less glide b/c it's a bit flatter.

The two I have aren't, but I rubbed some mud into them the first day out and they got tacky pretty quick. The mediums I have seem to be slightly stiffer than the medium atom, so that may be the reason.

So, these Electron Ions aren't super chalky when new, like the Atom?

I can't definitively say. It feels a little slicker than my Atom does BUT my Atom is filthy/clovered from use and a soft electron as opposed to my medium and new electron Ion. The stiffness and newness of the Ion might just make it feel like it's a little slicker.

It feels more like a R-pro/grippy, waxy* blend of DX than a real chalky, pencil eraser feeling Gateway SSS type blend.

*I do not mean to imply that it is as awful as waxy DX, whatsoever.

I had no real problems putting with it despite the mud and icy slosh that covered it frequently, didn't even bother to wipe it off unless there was enough ice on it to wobble it from OAT. It's a satisfactory base plastic from my 1 round of mostly putting. :rolleyes:

My soft electron ions feel the exact same new as my soft electron atoms when new. I haven't bought any medium electron ions to compare to my medium atoms. Yet.

Ok, it sounds like they did change Electron then.

No they didn't. Why dont you feel some up vs always guessing about molds lol? If its changed its not much at all. I justel washed one off from the weekend and its chalky grippy goodness. Still not any more durable.

^I did. The ions I have are grippy, but they have that smooth sheen like new Yeti Pro. Not at all chalky like the Atoms I have.

Granted, I haven't had a chance to use the ions much yet, but the feel off the shelf is different than the Atom, at least the two I have.

I don't know nothin from nothin, but since they did say in that Q n A that the reason they had to make a new mold was that they couldn't get existing molds to mold up consistently in the new plastic, that they would've had to tweak it at least some in order to get it out for the Ion etc.

No... The q&a said a baseline plastic mold was needed due to how current mold then was built for proton/neutron.

Nothing about tweaking the plastic.

I have 15 ions sitting here in and 5 atoms in various colors/stiffness. all the same feeling electron plastic.

Latest posts