• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Motion

Am I the only who cant get an mvp disc to not roll straight? I have used my resistor and tesla several times lately, for FH rollers, and they just go dead straight. Most of the time this is a good thing, but i like to use rollers as rescue shots out of the woods, and need one that will fall hard left like my max did. I may have to put the max back in the bag unless this disc is different from the rest. :confused:

I use a servo for my mid-range forehand rollers(200-250 feet ish), I have a couple holes at my local course that I can park with it, it definitely turns pretty decent at the end. I used to use a beat teebird for that slot, I like more stable/overstable discs for my forehand rollers and something like a sidewinder for my backhand rollers. Then again I do sky backhand rollers and low ceiling forehand rollers if that makes sense

Also, if the Motion is supposed to be more stable than the tesla it will likely be pretty useless for me. The Tesla is pretty damn stable for me, it makes me think the motion will be a meat hook at my arm speed. Time will tell~

This disc could fit into my Voltcentric lineup...where the Volt is the only neutral driver I carry in the low to mid speed range. I already carry the Switch/Resistor for slow fairways, and I could see myself possibly going Inertia/Motion for the slow D drivers. I hope I get my tester before the springtime winds subside.

I'm very pumped for this one!

Am I the only who cant get an mvp disc to not roll straight? I have used my resistor and tesla several times lately, for FH rollers, and they just go dead straight. Most of the time this is a good thing, but i like to use rollers as rescue shots out of the woods, and need one that will fall hard left like my max did. I may have to put the max back in the bag unless this disc is different from the rest. :confused:

I FH roll pretty much every MVP disc. I use the Envy all the time for approach FH rollers, and use Volts for longer rolls. I can keep them straight or make them fade depending on the line I need, just like an air shot.

Also, if the Motion is supposed to be more stable than the tesla it will likely be pretty useless for me. The Tesla is pretty damn stable for me, it makes me think the motion will be a meat hook at my arm speed. Time will tell~

Yeah, I'm skipping this one. The Tesla has almost no turn for me, and the Motion, in relation, would be like a shorter Stiletto, I'm guessing.

My hope is that hopefully when MVP goes up to the next rim class we'll actually get a longer Volt.

Yeah, I'm skipping this one. The Tesla has almost no turn for me, and the Motion, in relation, would be like a shorter Stiletto, I'm guessing.

My hope is that hopefully when MVP goes up to the next rim class we'll actually get a longer Volt.

My new Tesla is definitely a bit less stable than a new neutron volt. If the tesla is overstable for you but volts aren't I'd imagine that armspeed is the issue and you don't really have any use for a 'longer' (faster) volt.

I've thrown Teslas 550' and I find them more overstable than volts too. I was starting to think I was the only one until I read the other Mike's impressions.

I don't have a rocket arm but my Tesla is way more overstable than my Volt. My Volt is barely overstable at all.

I will be getting the Motion, if for no other reason than the stamp. Hell, I am bagging a Kastaplast Rask for utility driver shots, so I don't know that the motion will make it in my bag until my arm speed increases.
Sweet stamp for sure though.

As soon as they are no longer brand new my Volts develop just a touch of high speed turn on a 350'+ shot. My Tesla is no longer brand new, but it doesn't turn at all on me without some headwind.

I don't think he knows what most portraits of him look like either lol... please can I get one of these stamped ASAP?!

newton.jpg

Ok, so maybe not the most ideal pic to have stamped on a disc. :doh:

If its like a longer resistor ie long and straight with a hard fade at the end I'm in. If its os like a firebird or a destroyer it will be too much disk for me and I'll pass.

My new Tesla is definitely a bit less stable than a new neutron volt. If the tesla is overstable for you but volts aren't I'd imagine that armspeed is the issue and you don't really have any use for a 'longer' (faster) volt.

I've thrown Teslas 550' and I find them more overstable than volts too. I was starting to think I was the only one until I read the other Mike's impressions.

I'm so glad Mike C. posted right after this. Or maybe Mike has an armspeed issue, too? ;)

(Again, the light weight Teslas might have SOME turn, but ALL Volts have more, for me, and I ain't even throwing 550'. I own 4 Teslas to compare and 3 Volts.)

I forgot that Mike C is the MVP messiah on this board.

Maybe I have a freak Tesla. It had a hint of turn out of the box when my volts don't turn a bit until they've had a bit of seasoning.

Mike C.. Your videos are filmed on quite open courses and your throw selection there is pretty high. you never see the turn. on 380ft long 10ft high line Tesla is pretty straight (175g light blue x2). it has gentle S-curve. Proton volt is pretty identical on low line. Local courses around here are pretty wooded so i am used to throw low lines. tight fairways with branches above. I cant throw higher distance lines properly. Giving some height looses the turn and kicks the fade in. I could use some more arm speed too. :) I have to try lower weight on for higher drives probably.

I would have to agree on line selection at least a little. You do throw fairly high in your videos, and that is not a criticism. I know you have to throw higher to get more distance first off, especially with mids and putters, and also to showcase the flight, but that is something I observed when we spoke about the alias and I said it was too close to my tangent.

Mike can't do everything, folks. You can't just watch his video and knows what will happen. There is manufacturer variance, thrower variance and different conditions too. I will say it's one of the best of and certainly the most comprehensive video set I've seen on here, so as always, thanks Mike! But we still have to find out for ourselves. So go buy them discs. ;)

Also keep in mind Mike isn't the only one who says these are OS so imma land on his side of the coin.

On topic, these sound a lot lIke my x force. Might have to t dry it.

Last edited:
I'd also like to add I had nothing of real importance to add, just felt like posting as the height observation struck a chord. Also beer.

Keep in mind I've thrown them for the past month on all sorts of lines. I wouldn't consider giving my max weights anything other than 0 HSS.