• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

When will we get the Amp and Shock do you guys think? I'm looking to grab one of each to compliment my Neutron trio.. Thus kicking out all my other useless drivers.

From what I understand...and maybe one of the MVP guys can weigh in on this...the Volt has been kicking butt in sales on the other two. While the Shock and the Amp sold a lot on initial release, the Volt seems to have the staying power with continue sales success.

That's just from the few retailers I've spoken too, though. I would guess they will be out soon (perhaps a dual release?) but you know MVP...they like to take their time and get it right. They certainly won't be doing the Shock debacle again.

From what I understand...and maybe one of the MVP guys can weigh in on this...the Volt has been kicking butt in sales on the other two. While the Shock and the Amp sold a lot on initial release, the Volt seems to have the staying power with continue sales success.

That's just from the few retailers I've spoken too, though. I would guess they will be out soon (perhaps a dual release?) but you know MVP...they like to take their time and get it right. They certainly won't be doing the Shock debacle again.

I wouldn't say kicking butt. All the drivers do fairly well. The Volt was a heavy hitter from the start, because it was the first driver from MVP. The other drivers weren't going to live up that hype initially but now they sell equally, some just sell faster in the first week.

Just looked at PDGA tech specs - volt was approved 07/02/12...getting pretty close to the 1 year anniversary of that date.

The reason the Volt got Proton first? maybe because it also got Neutron first?

CDGS told me the Shock is kicking butt there while the other two were moving slower.

Is there really an opaque ring near the edge?
It's the same translucent Proton in a more dense block of plastic. Not more dense like the overmold is a more dense material, just a thicker chunk to see through.

Check out the cutaway on the Volt page: http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/models/volt
You're looking into a fat, fat chunk of Proton... way fatter than any other models in Proton so far.

Amp competes with the Leopard, River, and Zombee. Doesn't suprise me that sales are bad. The shock doesn't have the same love as the volt gets. That statement really doesn't suprise me.

Color me intrigued. I'm not looking to replace my Opto River, but I absolutely adore/am smitten with/and love my Neutron Shock to pieces. I'll pick one up most probably and let them fight it out on the practice field as is tradition.

I'm hoping for a touch more stability in the amp mainly, but it should be great for the volt too.

I couldn't switch my Amp out for the Leo, Zombee, or River. The Leopard and Zombee are 2-3 levels slower and aren't really understable discs when new. The River glides much more than the Amp, so it goes farther for me, but is harder to range and worse in the wind.

Color me intrigued. I'm not looking to replace my Opto River, but I absolutely adore/am smitten with/and love my Neutron Shock to pieces. I'll pick one up most probably and let them fight it out on the practice field as is tradition.

Nevermind, I misread your post.

I couldn't switch my Amp out for the Leo, Zombee, or River. The Leopard and Zombee are 2-3 levels slower and aren't really understable discs when new. The River glides much more than the Amp, so it goes farther for me, but is harder to range and worse in the wind.

I completely agree. More people need to give the amp a try.. they are missing out.

Awwwww sheeeeeiiiiiiii.......

I wonder if they'll have to "tweak" all the molds after they've been released and we'll be stuck with "1st run and 2nd Run Proton drivers" that will be hated across the land.

Or I wonder if I'm just blowing smoke out my exhaust vent.

My guess is the latter.

If it flies as awesome as it looks this will be great.

But, I wont be buying one until my current DN-stamped Neutron Volt is lost. I hope that never happens - one of my favorite Discs ever! :D

True, true. The Amp can fight the wind nice. I have all 4. Amp wins for me. Leo, Zombee, and River are all great discs though, nothing wrong. But I couldn't throw two of them in my bag, that's just me though.

Honestly my Amp is more goto than my Volt right now, but I love them hyzer-flips. Idk if I have a use for a proton volt or amp but a proton shock would be so meaty...

Wow, that punk just ran away from his office like he committed a crime!

Rumors of a ZAM Volt may be answered with:

- buy the stock one (dat's me)
- buy the Skulboy one (dat's real)

Betcha we'll have pre-orders on Skulboy Proton Volt (with his sweet Volt guy) as soon as the bros drop a release date.

Wow, that punk just ran away from his office like he committed a crime!

Rumors of a ZAM Volt may be answered with:

- buy the stock one (dat's me)
- buy the Skulboy one (dat's real)

Betcha we'll have pre-orders on Skulboy Proton Volt (with his sweet Volt guy) as soon as the bros drop a release date.

Yase... let's have them.