• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

Yea, the most skippy MVP I've thrown is the Nitro. Plenty of overstability for most arms, and gets big skips at the end.

Got a field ace with my sparkle resistor the other day. 175'ish flex shot from behind a big bush in 15-20 wind. One of those shots you just know its in as soon as you let go...

...too bad it was for a 3 playing dubs. When did win a skin though.

Last edited:
For skippy shots...

I've been playing around with a like 153 N Phase I traded a guy for. It's completely amazing for the sort of little low ceiling hard skip shots

I haven't even tried it at anything like full power yet, but it's a great utility/trick shot disc.

That's basically what I carry the nitro for. The phase is just too much disc for me. Whereas I can work the nitro some FH and it also skips really well. Though I haven't tried a light phase...

Last edited:
I have a 150 class Motion(156g I think) that is a beautiful skip machine. It is light enough that I can throw it flat(60-70% power) and get a bit of distance on it before it puts itself into the correct angle to skip.
The Motion skips much better than the Fireball, part of that is due to the stiffness of the plastic.

153 N Phase.

It's perfect for this hole, for example.

picture.php

You can go straight off the tee either BH or FH and try to work to the right over the trees.

I don't like that line, because the hole is so short (like 185) and there's OB parking lot behind the basket. Plus it's usually breezy out there.

I've been doing a little stand still BH through the gap to the right of the trash can with this Phase, and getting pretty short putts.

I take a stable mid or putter and flick spike hyzer it. Fun hole, I'm gonna have to film some at the Gold course with the Mayhems I think.

I take a stable mid or putter and flick spike hyzer it. Fun hole, I'm gonna have to film some at the Gold course with the Mayhems I think.

Yeah, that's the other best option. I've been getting rounds in out there because it's one of the CAC courses, but it's been super windy when I've been out. I like taking the low skipper approach. Hard to do worse than a 3 on that line.

Finally have a N Resistor seasoned, one that i bought years ago first production batch. my favorite disc in the bag right now for straight drives and tunnels up to about 350'.. I can rip on this thing and it just dead locks into any line with a very late reliable fade.

Finally have a N Resistor seasoned, one that i bought years ago first production batch. my favorite disc in the bag right now for straight drives and tunnels up to about 350'.. I can rip on this thing and it just dead locks into any line with a very late reliable fade.

Wait till you get it past that point. My OG resistor is actually starting to turn on its own but still fights back very late. It carves some crazy lines now.

Somebody from out of town just flat out picked up my perfectly broken in Resistor and walked away with it. I usually throw a couple drives on the 18th hole of my local course. Two guys came out of a side path and the one bent down to pick up his disc he dropped and it looked like he grabbed mine too. It was 300' away so I wasn't positive. I ran after them and caught them in the parking lot. I asked if they mistakenly picked up another disc on 18. They said no, we didn't even play 18. I wanted to make them empty their bags but I felt that was too accusatory when I wasn't positive. Well, I searched for 45 minutes on a hole that doesn't have many places for a disc to hide. Still distraught that a fellow DG'er would do that and that my disc has been kidnapped. It sucks and I've ordered another and now I'm gonna let it go and let karma take over. Thanks for reading my rant.

Sad panda ��. I would've given them a disc if they asked for one, just not that one :(

You want me to dig thru the used bins at Mt Airy next time i'm in there? Bunch of gyroheads in town that swap out discs, so there is usually a good supply of decent used MVP in there... Its gonna take forever to replace that naturally...

I was fortunate to find another already but very grateful for your offer. It was a 153g that I paired with my 172g. It took the role of my Crave/Servo slot. Just fit my hand better than those. So easy to throw, dead staight with fade. Obviously could throw it about 75' farther than my 172. I couldn't believe I found one as I've never seen another that light.

I was fortunate to find another already but very grateful for your offer. It was a 153g that I paired with my 172g. It took the role of my Crave/Servo slot. Just fit my hand better than those. So easy to throw, dead staight with fade. Obviously could throw it about 75' farther than my 172. I couldn't believe I found one as I've never seen another that light.

I believe mine is 153. It's a magical weight for the Resistor. Makes it almost like a Clash in distance, but with a healthier fade.

I have a 159 love that disc. Threw it a ton this weekend at the Bad Monkey. So predictable.

Is this mold still a first class citizen? It seems like it will fit the bill of what I'm looking for but I have 0 interest in picking up a boutique mold. Do they still make runs of it in proton/neutron/eclipse? If not, is there something else in the lineup that would fit the bill?

Latest posts