• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Resistor

I got my hands on a flat 162 resistor... neutron.. purple, and it's windy out here.. if I can get my massive amount of work done today I might get a chance to testdrive it. I'm just happy I was able to impulse buy something out here I check that rack of a dozen mvp discs once a week haha.

I use my resistor as like a hybrid OS mid/fairway. I use mine between a zone and a machete.

I was scrolling through this thread and thought, "did I type this."

I do the exact same thing with the Resistor. Use it for shots where the zone won't get you there, but the Machete is too much disc. Resistor is a great disc.

Picked up a new Resistor when they came back from hiatus.

New run isn't as OS as I remember my old beloved one. It's still beefy but I was able to turn it over into a stiff headwind (a wind my Tyrant fought through) so that was a little upsetting. We will see if it can steal some shots between my Tyrant and Sergeant despite initial disappointment.

Picked up a new Resistor when they came back from hiatus.

New run isn't as OS as I remember my old beloved one. It's still beefy but I was able to turn it over into a stiff headwind (a wind my Tyrant fought through) so that was a little upsetting. We will see if it can steal some shots between my Tyrant and Sergeant despite initial disappointment.

Is it flat or a bit domey?

I have a sparkle proton that has a slight dome and will turn a hair into a headwind but it fights back hard.

I recently purchased a Resistor and been enjoying it. To me it's a lot like and Eagle but with a flatter profile. Like, an Eagle3 if such thing existed.

Someone wrote on Fbook MVP fangroup that the new Resistors arent as OS as old ones, anyone here thrown both? :confused:

Nevertheless just ordered 167g pink and 174g white OG Resistors for my backup-storage, just in case

One thing I have noticed is that my 2013-2014 old pink 174g Resistor felt much firmer than the new neutron Resistors I've seen in stores.

Someone wrote on Fbook MVP fangroup that the new Resistors arent as OS as old ones, anyone here thrown both? :confused:

Nevertheless just ordered 167g pink and 174g white OG Resistors for my backup-storage, just in case

Well guess what, they used old stock photo and those were newer run aswell, shucks :doh:

So now I hold 3 new run Resistors and 0 OG FAF surely overstable ones, gonna test throw the stability when snows melt away

2014 Neutron polymer was far superior to the current run Neutron polymer imo. The rock hard Neutron released very consistently from the hand

Been throwing this new run Resistor around for a bit now.

It's not the same disc it used to be. The small shoulder it has now really has reduced the overall stability.

I threw it today into a solid but not gusting crosswind and it drifted the entire flight without fading out. Not at all what I want from this mold.

Bummer. Incredible hand feel but not the performance I was hoping for.

The same is true about Motions. The softer Neutron runs with the new stamp have not been FAF as they used to be in the firmer Neutron runs with the old stamp.

Current 150-160g Motions may be a good replacement if you're looking for the flight of old Resistors (albeit the hand feel).

Been throwing this new run Resistor around for a bit now.

It's not the same disc it used to be. The small shoulder it has now really has reduced the overall stability.

I threw it today into a solid but not gusting crosswind and it drifted the entire flight without fading out. Not at all what I want from this mold.

Bummer. Incredible hand feel but not the performance I was hoping for.

That was my experience too. Resistor used to be my most thrown mold, but they just aren't what they used to be. I hyzer flipped mine thinking it was gonna hold a hyzer. Major bummage.

It seems like MVP is taking a lot of feedback into consideration as they move to in-house production. Hopefully they'll return to the older Resistor mold. On the plus side, we might be able to have some nice versatility with this one mold....I can imagine the current runs will beat into *chef's kiss*.

Interesting news. I think I'm going to end up reworking my bag anyways though. My resistor is more OS mid than fairway driver In the way that I use it. I've since added a true OS mid rendering my resistor not thrown as much. Id probably drop the resistor in favor of something faster like a Flare for more distance separation.

Yeah should've read the reviews before buying(172g neutron). The thing flies like a 2nd run fd which is fine but not what I was looking for. Mine just flies straight, doesn't turn but holds annies on 320-350' throws. I'd give it maybe 6,5 4 0 1,5 ratings.

Latest posts