• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Rover Cart

I get the "seat or no seat" distinction among existing cart and I wonder how long it will take for people to rig quick release stool holders to the Rover. I'm interested in the Rover as a way to take off some of the physical strain of two round and three round days, but my interest is really going to be determined by the price.

It has to be priced more like an accessory than like a cart, because it doesn't replace your bag - it simply accessorizes it into something you don't have to put over your shoulder or on your back.

I bet one can buy the Dynamic Discs stool/umbrella holder for this cart for the tournaments or large groups that you woud want the item.

Last edited:
Msrp?

No seat makes it half a cart to me. (Call this type a 'bag dolly'?) I have a kludged old golf club folding pull caddie already.

Eventually I will pull the trigger on one Seated cart. This seems like a 'tweener product to me.

These kind make sense for the player who has a Gorilla Boy Backpack. They do not need the seat as the bag has one on it already.

I guess I just don't mind standing. I see people carrying around stools and it's really confusing. Some of them feel like they need to use it and bust it out for a 2 second sit lol

You must be young. Or older, and in excellent shape.

You must be young. Or older, and in excellent shape.

No what he is getting at is the fact that these people are using the stool for mega short sits that are less then 30 seconds long, something I do not do with a seat. In big groups with relatives I used a stool as there could be up to 5 others playing at times and with Tournaments, and a local park where they pick the worst time to do the mowing on Sunday.

Last edited:
I don't really get cart use anyway, but I really don't know why using a cart makes one more likely to sit.

I still have my original Grip Bag and don't carry a stool, just saying why invest in a cart if you can't sit on it.

I still have my original Grip Bag and don't carry a stool, just saying why invest in a cart if you can't sit on it.

Just to play devil's advocate here (I have the Zuca backpack cart with seat myself) some other reasons for using a cart.

- Dont have to carry your bag, no setting it down and picking it back up.
- Less fatigue not having to do the above
- Pack more water since you dont have to carry it, couple big bottles
- Attach an umbrella, one less thing to carry

This cart would do all the above just cant sit on it. I opted for the seat as I tend to lean to your side here, didnt want to mess with rigging a stool that I had to take time to attach and remove to use. But everybody is different, somethings are more important than others.

The key factor here will be the price point, how expensive will this be? Less than $100? More? Stool is gonna run you $25 - $40 so that needs to be factored in if you want to have a seat. My guess is $99.99 for it, anything more and it could be tough to sell.

Just to play devil's advocate here (I have the Zuca backpack cart with seat myself) some other reasons for using a cart.

- Dont have to carry your bag, no setting it down and picking it back up.
- Less fatigue not having to do the above
- Pack more water since you dont have to carry it, couple big bottles
- Attach an umbrella, one less thing to carry

This cart would do all the above just cant sit on it. I opted for the seat as I tend to lean to your side here, didnt want to mess with rigging a stool that I had to take time to attach and remove to use. But everybody is different, somethings are more important than others.

The key factor here will be the price point, how expensive will this be? Less than $100? More? Stool is gonna run you $25 - $40 so that needs to be factored in if you want to have a seat. My guess is $99.99 for it, anything more and it could be tough to sell.

Anything more then $120 will be a tough sell due to the $150 Zuca no seat option made specifically for Dynamic Discs. No I can find regular stools that are quality for $20 as you do not need a Disc Golf brand on the stool, $20 is the lowest I would go for a stool that will last. I made the mistake of getting a $15 stool that was on sale for $12 from Walmart and it ripped on one corner right away but I was still able to use the stool for years until I got the set up I have now.

Latest posts