• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Rover Cart

I like the simplicity. It looks a little narrow front/back so I wonder if tipping might be an issue. Any word on pricing?

Pic of the Rover from MVP site. And one I dug up in anothe r thread here

(Why are handles always installed pointing the wrong way in every factory photo? Sideways way more ergonomically friendly for actual use)

Attachments

• 342CEC28-E7E7-46CE-BC1D-1A0B36B3DC73.jpeg
    342CEC28-E7E7-46CE-BC1D-1A0B36B3DC73.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 342776AF-69E7-4175-BBFC-D45A39018B3C.jpg
    342776AF-69E7-4175-BBFC-D45A39018B3C.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
While I aporeciated the light weight, less is more approach...

Sans seat, this really needs to be priced considerably lower than the competition to be considered "worth it."

Carts are pretty popular among tourney players, and the trend only seems to be growing (hence MVP's entry to the cart business). Given how long a two round tourney can take, and how hot, humid days can sap the strength from even the best of us... the ability to take a load off your feet whenever it's convenient for you just might help you stay fresher, longer... which for me, translates to better control.

When I get tired, I'm much more likely to spray discs haphazardly, and I seriously doubt I'm unique in that aspect.

Glad to see MVP making carts but this isn't the one for me. I've been wanting a cart for a while now. I play a lot & am really tired of carrying a bag. Especially during tournaments.

I am excited to see if MVP will put out a more impressive cart soon. One in a Delta/box style where the seat is included

Is it me or does it look like it's just specific to MVP bags?

I would say it is more specific to backpack bags in general, but probably used their own bag as the design template. Similar to the Zuca/DD backpack cart, which appears to be tailor made for their Ranger bag, but works with most backpack bags.

I assume the carrying handle on the top of backpack bags gets hooked to the pole to keep it in place? Hard to tell from the pics but I would think it would need to be attached some how to keep it from falling off on inclines. Interesting design, somewhat similar to the no seat Zuca/DD cart but lower to the ground. Without a seat for it I am not sure how well it is going to do with other options on the market. Guess the price point will be very important.

I'm just gonna wait and save my pennies and grab a Zucca. For what my eventual plans are I'd say the non backpack one is going to be best. Unless of course I just want to go uber gonzo and save for a Delta cart. I don't know if I have the patience to save up that much money though...

I'm just gonna wait and save my pennies and grab a Zucca. For what my eventual plans are I'd say the non backpack one is going to be best. Unless of course I just want to go uber gonzo and save for a Delta cart. I don't know if I have the patience to save up that much money though...

The Crosslap Cubus is a solid (cheaper) alternative to the Delta Cart. DiscsUnlimited is supposed to get a shipment in about a month.

I kinda like it. Simple design, but a lack of a seat seems a bit odd.

I really don't understand why you would want a cart if it doesn't have a seat.

I don't understand this. There is never a time in a round when I want to sit.

As to this cart, I have tried to use a cart before, and it was just a solution searching for a problem, and did not like it at all. If I were to try it again, it would be this one most likely.

As to this cart, I have tried to use a cart before, and it was just a solution searching for a problem, and did not like it at all. If I were to try it again, it would be this one most likely.

Well nobody really wants to sit during a round, but if you play tournaments, busy leagues or in a large group you really dont have a choice sometimes. :D

And if your going to drag a cart around with you it might as well function as seat to give you a place to rest while you wait for your turn. For me, I am either all in with cart & seat or all out with just the backpack and stool, I personally don't see much of a need for this tweener option. Like my cart for those slow days and like the backpack for casual or solo rounds.

Well nobody really wants to sit during a round, but if you play tournaments, busy leagues or in a large group you really dont have a choice sometimes. :D

I guess I just don't mind standing. I see people carrying around stools and it's really confusing. Some of them feel like they need to use it and bust it out for a 2 second sit lol

I get the "seat or no seat" distinction among existing cart and I wonder how long it will take for people to rig quick release stool holders to the Rover. I'm interested in the Rover as a way to take off some of the physical strain of two round and three round days, but my interest is really going to be determined by the price.

It has to be priced more like an accessory than like a cart, because it doesn't replace your bag - it simply accessorizes it into something you don't have to put over your shoulder or on your back.

During a 4 round B-Tier here in NC (90 people on the course) I sit often between throws. Just ordered a Cubus cart from DiscsUnlimited. $325 shipped! If you want a Delta style cart without the $500+ price check it out.

If you're playing a 3+ hour round on a hilly course, a seat can be nice.

Plus, why would you choose to lug around a heavy cart if you can't sit on it?

The idea is to reduce fatigue right?

If you're playing a 3+ hour round on a hilly course, a seat can be nice.

Plus, why would you choose to lug around a heavy cart if you can't sit on it?

The idea is to reduce fatigue right?

I don't really get cart use anyway, but I really don't know why using a cart makes one more likely to sit.