• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

I hope it's an MVP Eagle-X. I still need to try a Volt. My Amp is understable.

EDIT: looked at the MVP site and did comparisons of their drivers. It appears from their disc profile images that they are steadily raising the PLH of the over mold to create stability. looks like the guys at MVP really do their homework.

Last edited:
Whoever it was the other day that was ready to renounce his mvp fandom probably feels foolish now

Very interesting. My Volt is only slightly overstable and I can flip it really easily. Looking forward to throwing this for sure! I can't wait for a high speed driver from them.

What? This disc has no ties to Prodigy? How can we speculate? Oh, wait, yes we can.

I hated the shallow rim of the Volt. The Amp was a little better, but that could have been my imagination because I have not checked with the PDGA standards to see if that is really the case. If the Shock is deeper still (thus normal), maybe I can give it a try. If it comes out like a PD, I know I can definitely find room for it in the bag.

I'd love to try these drivers out in the Proton Plastic. The Neutron plastic is a little too slick for me....

That would be enough to get discspeed out of winter hibernation!

My PD's are getting quite nervous in my bag. Doing right one disc a time!

Why do I have the feeling the rubber lip will peel off the sharp edge on the first tree smack..........

1. Not rubber.
2. I've ripped the Volt and Amp as hard as I could into trees no more than 10ft in front of me to test it, and there was barely a scuff.
3. The chemical bond between the core and overmold are so strong MVP took out the "latching system" they used to use in the old old Ions.

Why do I have the feeling the rubber lip will peel off the sharp edge on the first tree smack..........
I've literally folded an Amp in half, like tip-to-tip. The overmold stretched, along with the disc, and went back to shape.

ZJ witnessed this abuse. Multiple, prolonged full bend-in-half cycles, and the overmold did not separate from the core the least little bit. I was watching the most stressed point for any separation... none.

1. Not rubber.
2. I've ripped the Volt and Amp as hard as I could into trees no more than 10ft in front of me to test it, and there was barely a scuff.
3. The chemical bond between the core and overmold are so strong MVP took out the "latching system" they used to use in the old old Ions.

Interesting. I have one massive gouge in most of my Amps/Volts from playing this winter... Maybe the weather? Most of these gouges occurred while playing under 10 degrees

I've literally folded an Amp in half, like tip-to-tip. The overmold stretched, along with the disc, and went back to shape.

ZJ witnessed this abuse. Multiple, prolonged full bend-in-half cycles, and the overmold did not separate from the core the least little bit. I was watching the most stressed point for any separation... none.

This is awesome to hear.

I know that my Volt is pretty new still, but has hit quite a few trees already. So far, my experience with the overmold vs. a tree is, it makes the tree set the disc down respectfully right by the tree, rather than riccochet it deep into the woods.

Hmm. Not going to put my Predators up for sale quite yet, but I wonder if this is more Eagle-X or Teebird stable. And I just bought a bunch of Eagles...

Sounds to me like CE Eagle-X Stable!!! OMG!!! YES!