• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

I can throw Shocks 450' and they fly as advertised. Dunno what's going on with others. Mine hold hyzers in mild headwinds fine.

Hey Mike....are we gonna see more vids with these discs anytime soon, or are we gonna have to wait for spring?

I took mine out for another round yesterday and really worked on my form with it. I am a rhfh thrower. And it was flying extremely straight without any turn/fade. I was only throwing it about 250 but I really slowed everything down just to get my form back to where it should be

heck im in alaska its just nice to see ppl playing in grass. my course is closed til may and there is still knee deep snow on the ground. I have fresh mvp neutron plastic waiting to be tested lol.

You just make great vids.....more ppl need to film edit and post thier rounds on here.

I can throw Shocks 450' and they fly as advertised. Dunno what's going on with others. Mine hold hyzers in mild headwinds fine.

Nice. Looks like every throw on your Shock video has a slight hyzer to it from the start. Then straightens out or turns over, and then fades again for a nice shape.

I try to throw discs flat unless I know I need to make an adjustment to get the shape I want. But I have read lots of people arguing that drives are more predictable starting out with some hyzer (or anhyzer for a very overstable disc perhaps). For example, I've heard people say a spike hyzer throw is the most predictable. Probably time for me to try new things here.

When I throw my Shock flat is turns over right away and either keeps that line if I got a good hit on it, or might fade a bit at the end. If I do the same thing with my Volt, it turns slightly for a while, glides nicely, but dependably fades. My Amp never flips at all. So it seems to me they are not performing to the expectations of the disc.

Effectively, the Shock has become a dependable understable driver for me :) Had some great birdies with it, so I'm not complaining anymore, just not getting what I was expecting.

I went out an tested my 170 yellow Shock and found it sits between my beat 1.2 SOLF and my new 1.2 QOLF. I have tested it against some mild headwinds and had mixed results. I think it is a little better as a side arm disc. I very much like the Shock, I am just contemplating if I like it better than my OLFs.

Nice. Looks like every throw on your Shock video has a slight hyzer to it from the start. Then straightens out or turns over, and then fades again for a nice shape.

I try to throw discs flat unless I know I need to make an adjustment to get the shape I want. But I have read lots of people arguing that drives are more predictable starting out with some hyzer (or anhyzer for a very overstable disc perhaps). For example, I've heard people say a spike hyzer throw is the most predictable. Probably time for me to try new things here.

When I throw my Shock flat is turns over right away and either keeps that line if I got a good hit on it, or might fade a bit at the end. If I do the same thing with my Volt, it turns slightly for a while, glides nicely, but dependably fades. My Amp never flips at all. So it seems to me they are not performing to the expectations of the disc.

Effectively, the Shock has become a dependable understable driver for me :) Had some great birdies with it, so I'm not complaining anymore, just not getting what I was expecting.

Its not the disc-- its your throw. There is no way you throw perfectly flat and cleanly and get totally opposite results as the majority here. I learned long ago not to listen to many of reviews on here (like yours above) because most of them are insane. EVERY DISC THAT COMES OUT seems to have this stability battle some being flippy etc yet everyyyyyyyy time I try a mold from the Lace, to the Saint, to the Volt and now the shock THEY FLY JUST AS ADVERTISED. Do people realize you can throw even the most FLIPPY POS on a hyzer line for good D if you have even the sliiiiiightest amount of disc control and understanding.

OK I'm done-- It is just reallllllly disheartening to see all these mixed reviews and opinions on a disc here when some people are REALLY TRYING TO GET GOOD INFORMATION AND A REAL UNDERSTANDING ITS IMPOSSIBLE! I feel like half the time it is the people throwing THE DISCS that are crazy not the manufactures... YES I KNOW SOME $^&# MOLDS GET INTO PRODUCTION BUT ON AVERAGE YOU PICK UP 5 OF ONE DISC AND THEY FLY SIMILAR WITH AN ODD DUCK HERE AND THERE.

ummm..yep.

Thinking about doing another Shock video tonight. Any preferences what I shoot? Distance ****? Wooded course? Just whatever?

lol.

Gonna go skateboarding and think about it. Probably just gonna do a niner since there isn't a ton of daylight left.

No. No they don't.

:thmbup: But they all can throw perfectly "flat" and somehow these discs just get a mind of their own!

I am no pro by any means or have perfect form but its not that hard to understand that when a disc flutters, flips wayyy right or turns over super early or doesn't flip up/fade out and just fly how it's designed-- you probably &^*%#$ up the throw and have WACK form. But its OK, stay in denial and think that is a "fan boy" excuse for your not being able to throw a mold.

Ok. I am not trying to fan the flames but I admittedly do throw with a little hyzer. This is why I prefer discs that have a little high speed turn. For example I like Eagles over Teebirds for this reason. Which is probably why I like the Shock. About 4-5 years ago I started reading these forums and came to the realization that I had a OAT problem. Since then I began a long road of breaking bad habits. Throwing with a slight hyzer helped me with obtaining consistency in my release. It is probably not the best way but it improved my game immensely.

Ok. I am not trying to fan the flames but I admittedly do throw with a little hyzer. This is why I prefer discs that have a little high speed turn. For example I like Eagles over Teebirds for this reason. Which is probably why I like the Shock. About 4-5 years ago I started reading these forums and came to the realization that I had a OAT problem. Since then I began a long road of breaking bad habits. Throwing with a slight hyzer helped me with obtaining consistency in my release. It is probably not the best way but it improved my game immensely.
Would you compare the Shock to a eagle-x?

Latest posts