• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

sweet! thanks for the tip. I am super glad i have a great shop local, in the spring i will snag a couple newer shocks and now know what to look for.

here is Volt vs old Shock
voltshock.jpg

I dont have any new ones yet, but i saw a PLH pic and it will be much higher than the volt. You will KNOW when its a new shock.

It's a different disc really. The FR shocks have a very useful and unique flight

I would stock up on them honestly

Is it different and useful enough that it should be part of MVP's lineup? If so then the question is could MVP make both and have them be consistent? They could call it the ShLock or Shock Lite, PreShock, Shock L, or Shock US.

eh seem too close to the volts IMO really no need for both runs of shocks to be in production... I do believe though their distance driver will be like a stretched out shock, for some fun speculation :D

I understand your gripe, but this statement is pretty insulting to MVP honestly. Behind the 20 yr olds is their father who has like 50 years of experience in the molding business. Besides that, name a disc company who wouldn't sell their discs because they aren't as stable or understable as intended...

I hate to drag this out, but Westside molded and didn't sell giants because they weren't as stable as they wanted. They made us wait another 5-6 months.

Also they updated the flight numbers on the king to more truly reflect its true flight.

Not trying to detract from your point, but it seems like there is another quality disc manufacturer who cares.

eh.. sure but the king was in production for monnnnnnnnnnnths before they changed anything and they changed the NUMBERS, not the mold-- they know their ratings were F'd where MVP has none yet for that exact reason... its in the works to correctly represent their molds not vise-versa.

i just threw my shock into a headwind... then i left the course

you can throw my Volt into a headwind.. add some hyzer on the release and it will flip up straight.

I would like to see the new shock get thrown into a headwind, i have a feeling it will fight wind very well.

you can throw my Volt into a headwind.. add some hyzer on the release and it will flip up straight.

Same here my 169 black is very stable flying in all conditions and on all lines. Such a fun disc!!!

lol.. Moon you are kidding I hope'

I will say.. volt does hold a nice long slow anhyzer line from a flat fast throw with a littttle forward finish i love when some of the US discs just burn or turn too soon/too much. Its the only disc I have enjoyed as much as the Striker which before was on its own level IMO'

New shocks look to be a perfect compliment to the volt.

I hate to drag this out, but Westside molded and didn't sell giants because they weren't as stable as they wanted. They made us wait another 5-6 months.

Also they updated the flight numbers on the king to more truly reflect its true flight.

Not trying to detract from your point, but it seems like there is another quality disc manufacturer who cares.

It's not about who cares...It's about resources. Latitude is a financial juggernaut that came into the sport with more capital to burn than anyone ever had before them. They mold for Westside, and I'm pretty sure if the discs do not turn out to Westside's satisfaction they it's Latitude that's swallowing the cost. Westside didn't have to "learn" to make discs at all. On the other hand MVP started with nothing other than a loan the brothers got from a third party (which they paid off very quickly), and since has been reinvesting every dollar earned toward making the discs. I'm pretty sure they still don't pay themselves (tightwads:)). At any point if MVP would have made so great a mistake that they had to scrap 1000 discs it may have shut them down.

In other words these matters are a little too complicated for us to really play armchair quarterback as to who's motives are purer or who "cares" more as their is no real evidence of malicious intent. We are talking about 3 really solid companies (MVP, LAT, WS).

^ good post by discspeed.

The similarity between the lat64/westside/prodigy/mvp release errors is that they all did something about it to fix it.
That shows they care enough for me.

Even though my shocks aren't what I expected, they are still a good disc, and refunding all that money etc is just going to slow down the process of getting better as a company due to less capital.

Besides, I edited my old shocks with a marker and made them an mvp shook lol so when the new runs get here I'll have shooks and shocks :D

Wish it would have been called the spock though, then I could have made it the spook and put a ghost on it

Last edited:
Wish it would have been called the spock though, then I could have made it the spook and put a ghost on it

Lol that could get you in some trouble, especially if it's the white bedsheet type of ghost....

So what you're saying is, when I send out a newsletter tomorrow with a bunch of pre-order items, it should include the new Shocks? :hfive:

I just got word that we should start to see the new run of Shocks at some retailers next week :clap:

Latest posts