• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

hmm perhaps, hopefully these beat in to have turn like an OLF and don't beat in like PDs.

hmm perhaps, hopefully these beat in to have turn like an OLF and don't beat in like PDs.

Based on some oaty fh throws today I think they might. Hope so, after trying some worn PD's that was part of the reason I stuck to OLF's, liked their break in cycle better.

The new Shocks are the closest thing I have thrown to my stable QOLFs. I have been very impressed so far. A bit more HSS/LSS(than OLF) but with a little controlled torque they still are very reliable to turn a bit and then fade out forward. I still really like how the Shock fades forward. It doesn't just dump or slow down. The way it carries out helps add some good reliable distance

So are vendors able to order the new run of Shocks yet? I'm crippled with anticipation, whatever vendor gets stock first is getting my order =P

^i believe he thinks people will want older shocks. Early shocks will turn as much as a volt, but with an earlier and harder fade. So it's still a different offering then their current line up.

It's a different disc really. The FR shocks have a very useful and unique flight

I would stock up on them honestly

actually it seems that i left my yellow volt on the course (snow) somewhere.. good thing i bought that shock

It's a different disc really. The FR shocks have a very useful and unique flight

I would stock up on them honestly

I'd agree with this. The FR shocks don't have a bad flight at all, just not super stable.

The new Shocks are fun to throw though, can really handle some power.

Where can I buy one and be sure I'll get a new shock?

Nowhere yet, nobody has given any word as to when any vendors will get their hands on these. Only the testers have them so far. I'm guessing community discs will be the first to get them in since they are almost out of the first runs right now, places like DGC still have 50+ of the old ones in stock so unless MVP replaces them at the vendor level I wouldn't buy one from DGC until Wade announces that he has the new ones or change the flight numbers to reflect the flight of the new ones.

I wonder if MVP could have the retailers mark the old ones in some way. put an o in the rim or something? just thinking out loud.

I wonder if MVP could have the retailers mark the old ones in some way. put an o in the rim or something? just thinking out loud.

You will know if you have an old or new one.

The old ones have slightly higher PLH than volts and the New ones have MUCH higher plh, just compare to a volt you you will know right away.

You will know if you have an old or new one.

The old ones have slightly higher PLH than volts and the New ones have MUCH higher plh, just compare to a volt you you will know right away.
sweet! thanks for the tip. I am super glad i have a great shop local, in the spring i will snag a couple newer shocks and now know what to look for.

Latest posts