• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

I have a butt ton of Volts, varying weights and colors, and none of them have seemed very OS to me. I like the idea of the Shock...whatever the release date is, I'lll be there.

I feel like they took those freak volts and stamped them shock...
The Shock engraving on the wing says otherwise :)

They do have an EX/Banshee vibe to the nose. We also observed that it's got a mini-Whippet flavor too, more so in the proportions than an actual fat-fat-nose similarity. There's a very slight dip in the radius as it reaches the nose, similar to the Eagle, Whippet, Banshee, X-Clone, etc. The higher nose sure feels nice in the hand, I can tell ya that.

i thought the overmold was same plastic in order to mold together properly.. guess im wrong.

I was told different plastic could not be made because the overmold only works with the similar type of plastic.

Wish i knew the truth.

I still think they are freak volts to be honest...:)

Mine flies exactly like a longer Z Predator.

Well i wouldnt trust that honesty.. :eek:

all my volts for the most part fly as intended description from MVP website

I question this.... the predators I've thrown from 10/10 to 5/10 are still overstable. Lol. I haven't heard much of volts being anything more than stable.

Well, if you keep the flight plate and all other things constant and just swap out the GYRO wing, you start producing discs with similar feel in the hand (important), but (more important), you can maximize economies of scale and produce a **** ton of cores all at once (assuming you're not using a JIT inventory system) and pop a wing & stamp on them whenever you need to fill demand for a certain driver, thus reducing switchover costs and ensuring a consistent product.

^^ pure speculation here, but can anyone confirm/deny this is the case at MVP?
If that is the case then bravo to MVP. Heck of a smart money saving idea.

I have a butt ton of Volts, varying weights and colors, and none of them have seemed very OS to me. I like the idea of the Shock...whatever the release date is, I'lll be there.

It's Feb 1st

I question this.... the predators I've thrown from 10/10 to 5/10 are still overstable. Lol. I haven't heard much of volts being anything more than stable.

Exactly thats why I said the shock= freak over stable volt.

Just finished throwing some DN tester Shocks

It's the flattest MVP driver yet. Different wing shape from the Volt for sure but the PLH is similar to the freaky stable Volts. Can't really think of a disc to compare it to yet

It's more stable than the volt but we have 20+mph cold wind today do everything is a bit harder to judge flight on

For now it seems MVP is going for a lineup that gives you total course control. The Shocks add another layer to it.

Of yeah it's not FB overstable. And the wing doesn't feel like a banshee. Im not sure anything is shaped like this thing

Just finished throwing some DN tester Shocks

It's the flattest MVP driver yet. Different wing shape from the Volt for sure but the PLH is similar to the freaky stable Volts. Can't really think of a disc to compare it to yet

It's more stable than the volt but we have 20+mph cold wind today do everything is a bit harder to judge flight on

For now it seems MVP is going for a lineup that gives you total course control. The Shocks add another layer to it.

Of yeah it's not FB overstable. And the wing doesn't feel like a banshee. Im not sure anything is shaped like this thing
Maybe new run teebird type stability? How big is the wing? Zam or Zj?

Woot, cant wait for a Shock test video from Mike C

These sound like exactly what i wanted from MVP, im going to order a good stack of them

Latest posts