• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Vector Midrange

Powdertoast said:
I had a Glo Z Stalker in my bag for a long time, it was pretty HSS. I replaced it with a flat ESP Cyclone for grip. Both of these were considerably more HSS than my Vector. I haven't tried any other Stalkers, it sounds like the Z Glo's the beefinest of the Stalker clan.

I had a similar bag situation with the Vector currently bracket it with a medium Ion and a Squall. Between forehand and backhand throws, I feel like my mid shots are covered with Ion/Vector/Squall.

The flat Vector seems to fly as well FH as the domier one but feels so much better in the grip. MVP told me that normal production discs are flat.

Z Glo Stalker is noticeably more HSS and LSS and can tackle moderate headwinds than Z Stalker. The same for Z Glo Buzzz vs Z Buzzz except the Z Glo Buzzz doesn't fare as well in headwinds as the Glo Z Stalker. Glo Z Buzzz seems to be close to Vector in headwinds but i have the impression that Vector is less tolerant to OAT and clean release is so close that i can't tell differences without doing a shoot out in the same headwind. In other wind directions Vector and Glo Z Buzzz have no troubles. Z Buzzz doesn't usually have troubles either.

But these impressions are based on my discs who knows how they differ from the main production discs.

JR said:
Powdertoast said:
I had a Glo Z Stalker in my bag for a long time, it was pretty HSS. I replaced it with a flat ESP Cyclone for grip. Both of these were considerably more HSS than my Vector. I haven't tried any other Stalkers, it sounds like the Z Glo's the beefinest of the Stalker clan.

I had a similar bag situation with the Vector currently bracket it with a medium Ion and a Squall. Between forehand and backhand throws, I feel like my mid shots are covered with Ion/Vector/Squall.

The flat Vector seems to fly as well FH as the domier one but feels so much better in the grip. MVP told me that normal production discs are flat.

Z Glo Stalker is noticeably more HSS and LSS and can tackle moderate headwinds than Z Stalker. The same for Z Glo Buzzz vs Z Buzzz except the Z Glo Buzzz doesn't fare as well in headwinds as the Glo Z Stalker. Glo Z Buzzz seems to be close to Vector in headwinds but i have the impression that Vector is less tolerant to OAT and clean release is so close that i can't tell differences without doing a shoot out in the same headwind. In other wind directions Vector and Glo Z Buzzz have no troubles. Z Buzzz doesn't usually have troubles either.

But these impressions are based on my discs who knows how they differ from the main production discs.

MVP told you that the normal production discs were supposed to be flat? Totally flat discs is something they were trying to avoid according to earlier posts by Chad. As I understand it, the modest, gradual, yet present dome is the target, not a totally flat Buzzz-like top.

I suspect the Vector, having a bead, is more sensitive to OAT than a Buzzz/Stalker. When I try to get any power on a midrange FH I see some visible OAT. This has made my Vectors behave RADICALLY less stable than my clean backhand shots with them. This has to be what is happening, because I can push a new Z Stalker and certainly any new Buzzz into a little bit of negative HSS from a hard and flat throw in no wind. I can't even TOUCH the Vector's HSS. I've needed 10-15mph winds just see it hold it's line a little longer without fading. The difference is quite dramatic, and I've let many others throw my Vectors for comparison. OATy throwers have turned them a bit, but I've yet to see anyone with clean form be able to turn the Vectors at all in calm or moderate wind.

When we run them we shoot for closer to flat, yet with just a very shallow almost unnoticeable dome, yet still evident. We had the perfect process down after the first 100 discs, as the first ones may have a little more or less dome.

cmrichar said:
When we run them we shoot for closer to flat, yet with just a very shallow almost unnoticeable dome, yet still evident. We had the perfect process down after the first 100 discs, as the first ones may have a little more or less dome.

I think discspeed may have misunderstood me at some point. My green one sounds close to the above flight plate height and the red one is definitely way domier and very LSS but not any more HSS thab the green. I remember people writing about cores being identical across weight ranges so it may be an issue. My flattish green 175 and red 178 domey one are very different in when LSS kicks and and how hard they fade. For me most discs at head height or a feet or three above don't fade that much to the left because they touch ground so early. That is why each additional feet of apex height adds to the fade. Height for height where i really begin to see fade the red Vector differentiates quickly from the green. Face height they are fairly similar two feet up and the green is way straighter and i think around 30-40' longer. And way less to the left.

Yeah, we're just talking about the difference between "flat" and "almost flat" :lol: . The "almost flat" ones are noticeably more HSS and LSS than the totally flat ones in my experience.

I don't know how flat almost flat is for you that is subjective description. My flatter green ain't absolutely flat it has perhaps one millimeter rise and the red one is much more on top of that.

I purchased a FR Vector from Prime Discs and when I got it, it was severely warped. I tried to fix it myself, but nothing was working. Well I emailed Prime and they were no help. So I emailed MVP and their customer service was great. Even though it was not their fault they told me to send it back to them and a week later I received a perfect new Vector in the mail.

Thanks MVP!

I picked up a clear 175 Vector last week...~2mm tall dome, rising gradually from the edge of the overmold, flattening out for the middle 2.5 inches or so. Very rigid feeling.

Day 1 of testing was very windy, and the disc still had a heavy flash on the outer edge (on the overmold), so I had a really hard time getting a feel for its grip and flight. Initial impression was that it was going to be too HSS and not have enough glide to work in my bag.

Day 2 was calm and I removed the outer rim flash before throwing a few rounds. After removing the flashing, the disc felt comfortable and familiar to my Rancho-Roc-throwing hands...the profile looks very similar. Definitely a very HSS and even more LSS mid...thrown flat it would start fading about 40% into the flight, and would start fading immediately if thrown with a little hyzer. I could compensate with a little anhyzer and get a shot that was straight for about 60-70% of the flight before fading. Didn't test too many anhyzer shots. I was getting roughly the same distance as my 178-180 DX Ranchos, but I feel that with some practice I could get the Vector further on a tight anhyzer s-curve...way too stable to flip-up to flat like I do with my Rocs.

So far I'm liking it...its staying in the bag (in place of my moderately overstable champ rancho roc) for more testing.

Finally got a little field work in with my Vectors last night. There was a fairly decent wind so I put it up against my Pains and tried them into/with/across the wind. Definitely still need some more time with them, but overall out of the 2 I have I definitely prefer the heavier 177 over the 172.

Overall though the Pains are still holding onto that spot in the bag. They just match so perfectly with the Fuse that the Vectors will really have to shine the next time out to get me off of the Pains.

There should be consequences for a DG retailer that spambots DGR. Let's boycott Altitude Disc Golf! :lol:

spent a few hours on a new MVP stamp today. this was on my screen and looked cool. it'll be in the stamp, but in a very different-looking form :)

mvplines.jpg

Leopard said:
spent a few hours on a new MVP stamp today. this was on my screen and looked cool. it'll be in the stamp, but in a very different-looking form :)

Yes ZAM, this design you have here is very cool. The symmetric lines and circles will surely be a hit! :lol:

WOW. JUST WOW. I threw one of these today that a buddy had, and I have to say it is the most impressed I have been with a disc in a long time. I threw it on a 350 down hill hyzer shot with no wind and it just bombed.

It is more stable then a buzzz but just seems to go forever. It seems to just want to keep going in a forward line. I am scared that I might have to buy like 3 of them and then change my name to "A Vector and a Beer".

How are the vectors as far as multiple line shots are concerned? This is a shot my ions do not excel at (which is fine by me cause they do single line shots so well). I am thinking helix shots mainly. Either starting on an anny or even hyzerflips.

Thatdirtykid said:
How are the vectors as far as multiple line shots are concerned? This is a shot my ions do not excel at (which is fine by me cause they do single line shots so well). I am thinking helix shots mainly. Either starting on an anny or even hyzerflips.

The Vector compliments the Ion perfect in this respect. I throw helix shots now off 4 or 5 tees at my local pitch and putt where I used to take the straight route because the Vector does this so well. I find myself really feeling touch on these shots because when thrown turned over just a touch the Vector is actually quite effortless. Because it's got a bit of a skip as well it can also be used on really low ceiling helix shots that I'd only been able to throw with a driver before (the Hornet does not do this so well).

I mentioned this recently on another thread, but since this is a more appropriate place, I think the Vector flies like a midrange version of an overstable clear champ Teebird (plus or otherwise). It holds the angle of release for about 2/3 of the flight (over 300' to 320') before slowly pulling into the fade over the last third of the flight. I say this because a couple of old masters players around here work overstable Teebirds (at least overstable for them) on the exact same lines I'm throwing my Vectors.

Good to hear. I have been throwing Aftershocks for a few months and loving them, more stable than a buzzz to compliment my comets, but better D and more versatile than a wasp. I feel more compelled to try a vector now.

I ran an MVP sponsored CTP contest at our local tournament last Sunday and gave away 1O Vectors. Everyone had to throw a Vector for the contest. It was a blast...People were watching everybody before them throw and trying to gauge how to throw it on their turn. Reactions were very positive...Although many wished they had a second throw because it was more stable than they expected. Several throws almost aced, only to skip outside the circle. Winners were those who predicted the skip. Besides those that I gave away in the contest, our club either sold or put into prize packs 50 additional Vectors. I think it's safe to say that the Vector has been officially injected into the Fabulous Florida Tour. We'll see how many people it sticks with. Thanks again to MVP from the Fabulous Florida Tour and the Tampa Bay Disc Sports Club!

So I've been throwing a 175 green vector and got in a 178 orange vector. Their domes and plh and everything look similar but the 175 is decently more overstable than the orange one. what up with that?

I just got a flat (almost puddle top) green one in. I threw it 3 times and it's a lot straighter than I thought it would be.