• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Tested out a 177g Neutron Vector today. Field tested it for about 20 minutes then played 2 rounds with it in place of my Z Wasp. Even though it is shaped similar to a Wasp, it is much more comfortable to hold. The bead on the Vector is barely noticeable and not obvious like on the Wasp and the top is flatter. My index finger is very comfortable on it. Also, Neutron > Z.

The flight was slightly less stable than my Wasp. Very controllable. On a full power anhyzer, the Vector held a very straight flight and didn't fade out. This disc really likes a flat or hyzer throw. Throwing it full power into a 10-12mph headwind on a flat line it didn't budge and finished with a forward fade. It really hit all the Wasp lines I wanted on the course. It's going to replace that Wasp because it feels better in my hand and neutron plastic is a better option than Z for this type of disc.

My overall impressions on the Neutron Vector = :thmbup: :D :clap:

I am currently in personal debate whether or not to replace my Wasp with Vector. I might bag both. Or Wasp on windier days. And Vector all other days. I feel the same. Slightly less stable. Somewhere in between a Buzzz and a Wasp. Closer to a Wasp though. Easier to throw in calm conditions than a Wasp. Agreed it likes to be thrown flat. Wasp you can expect a little more forgiveness if anhyzered too much on accident. Anhyzer line, the Vector seems happy, like Aim's doozy of a shot there, but accidental anhyzer, there is a chance for a turn and burn, especially with too much headwind. limited experience so far, so more testing to be done. I still am unsure if I can trust it, when thrown flat, into a moderate headwind. The Wasp I can trust to end straight in such conditions. For reference, I am throwing a proton.

Last edited:
Have been test throwing a Vector and though I like it I don't think it will make the bag. Flight is ideal for a mid, very like a fresh Roc but it feels reall deep to me.

Flight is ideal for a mid, very like a fresh Roc

Yeah, it reminded me of a brand new KC Roc that I used to love back in the day. I've gone through a lot of really OS mids since then (Drone, Hornet, Wasp, BuzzzOS) and it was nice to not have to work so hard off the tee.

wasp is better imo.

i liked the vector and i still like the vector, but yeah. the wasp is the bee's knees.

hella flat and straight to fade every time. i think it's one of those things where for me the wasp can do everything the vector can, and some things it can't.

Last edited:
I have gotten more mileage out of my 1st run proton Vector that I think any of the other mids I bag.

I carry an eclipse vector and a neutron vector, but those see way less use than the 1st run.

It's just $$$. Once I grip-locked it way too hard and sent it flying at this teenage girl, yelled FORE! and everyhing and she's just standing there like a deer frozen in headlights. Right before it connects that super late fade on the Vector kicks in and it actually took a left turn maybe 10 feet from this girl and came back into the Mando.

Crisis averted and no penalty stroke. Been in love since.

MVP did real good when they made this here disc. I've been pleased with every Vector I've thrown.

MVP did real good when they made this here disc. I've been pleased with every Vector I've thrown.

Yeah, I was so impressed with the Resistor that when I wanted to drop the Wasp I looked directly at MVP/Axiom. Now I'm wanting to replace my Stalkers with an MVP/Axiom disc. Trying to decide between Servo/Switch/Crave.

Yeah, I was so impressed with the Resistor that when I wanted to drop the Wasp I looked directly at MVP/Axiom. Now I'm wanting to replace my Stalkers with an MVP/Axiom disc. Trying to decide between Servo/Switch/Crave.

Crave. Not exactly like a Stalker but fills the same slot. Think slightly used DX Teebird (perfect HSS/predictable, mellow, penetrating fade/glide) in premium plastic... That's the Crave. Best gyro disc on the market, imo.

id love to try a vector in the low 170s or high 160s. plasma would be sweet as hell too!

Yes a Plasma Vector would be nice. Not sure I have ever seen a Vector less than 174g and even then they are stickered at 175g. I think I have one Vector that tops off at 181g. They definitely tend to be on the max weight side.

How are the Electron Vectors? Any word on when they're available to the public? Gonna have to give a Vector cycle a go for my mids at some point.

How are the Electron Vectors? Any word on when they're available to the public? Gonna have to give a Vector cycle a go for my mids at some point.

Yeah, I'm with you Mike.
Sounds like people are hogging all the good stuff.....electron volts, vectors, and firm ions.
Some of us are not privileged enough to have circuit events....share with the less fortunate :)
Pictures, videos, for sale, something!

I havnt had a chance to take mine to the course, so it hasn't seen many trees. I bought it off someone that played a round with it to no ill effects. In my field with all my vectors it takes the same flight shape, but seems to glide a little better. The added grip feels great. I don't forehand mids well at all, but i've been able to FH it acceptably. I'll try to at least re order able handful of throws tomorrow.

Yes a Plasma Vector would be nice. Not sure I have ever seen a Vector less than 174g and even then they are stickered at 175g. I think I have one Vector that tops off at 181g. They definitely tend to be on the max weight side.

My N Vector is marked 171g, and my P Vector 173g. I've had both for 4 years, and bought them used, so maybe 1st run?

My electron is stickered 170. Havnt had a chance to scale it. As it was a misprint, it might be that it came out lighter than they wanted and that's why they hot it with an ion stamp and not a 2017 circut stamp.

Got to play quite a few rounds with the Electron Vector. Unfortunately I never did shoot any video, and by this point I don't like the idea of starting shooting with a disc that looks like it does.

She damages easily. Every tree hit hurts it a bit more, and last round I got my first git thst actually dented in the side. But despite the fact that it looks like a DX teebird that had been the only disc someone has used for the last three years it hasn't taken one huge loss in stabilty, just a methotical best towards understable. It has developed a lot more glide as well. If I put it on an anny it holds it all the way to the ground without needing to be forced to hold it all the way. Right now mine is at the point if I throw it on a 300 foot straight shot with a slight hyzer release it goes staight nearly the entire way, falling off at the end to maybe 10 foot left of center.

Overall, the grip is amazing, but it does best in very fast. It will be easy to cycle these, but they will cycle through the bag MUCH faster than DX. At best they have half the lifespan of DX. So, price wise they aren't a good investment, but with thst feel and grip I am sure I'll start a cycle, but try to limit their use on really wooded holes.

Easier to follow full screen.

I think I'll be getting an Electron Vector to test out sometime soon. Really excited to see how they season.