• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag. Critiques/Suggestions wanted.

Won the event, but actually bagged it a bit differently as the layout changed and the weather dictated some disc choices. i also cracked my favorite Teebird and lost my most used Zone the day before, so I ended up scrambling together some backups that performed well. I also had a seasoned JA teebird returned to me so that was nice.

3 D2s - Beefy to slightly US
3 TBs - 17 JA and a neutral and US champ
2 FBs - Beefy and regular OS
3 Zones - Straight to OS
4 Banger Gts - 2 putting 2 throwing.

I should rename this to the Revolving door of a bag thread. Picked up an octothorpe and have some extra room in the bag for discs. I think I gave up on the Wizard experiment too quickly. While I like the Banger GTs and I like spin putting, I want to give the Wizards a fair shake. I bagged with them last weekend while pitch putting and won a doubles tournament with an impressive putting performance for my standards. I picked up a few of the swirly ESP Banger GTs in case I go back, so I will be interested to see how the Wizards do over the winter. Think I will give them a thorough testing over the winter and then commit to one or the other for next year. I can get along well throwing either off the tee so that's really not the issue.

I have also started to bag some G star, FLX, and soft X discs with the weather getting colder.

In the Octo:
5-6 D2s
2-3 Firebirds
4-5 Teebirds
4 Zones
6 Wizards

In the Shift:
3 D2s
2 Firebirds
3 Teebirds
3 Zones
4 Wizards - 2 putting 2 throwing

Last edited:
I like your shift setup. I've neve found a need for more than 3 distance drivers in the bag other than for water hazard replacements.

A midrange that you feel comfortable with forehand and backhand could be beneficial.

*note* I haven't read your whole thread. I apologize.

I like your shift setup. I've neve found a need for more than 3 distance drivers in the bag other than for water hazard replacements.

A midrange that you feel comfortable with forehand and backhand could be beneficial.

*note* I haven't read your whole thread. I apologize.

I don't blame you. Hell, I forget half of it.

Yea, generally I do not need more than 3-4 distance drivers. I do like to carry some extras as they go from Meathook to roller. But realistically I don't bag more than 4 under normal conditions. As for the midrange, the Zone is my midrange. They go up to 275 FH and BH. The Teebirds and Firebirds are for anything further.

I've always bagged true mids (EMac Truths, Buzzz, Roc, M3, MD3, Verdict etc.) but have decided to just skip bagging them relatively recently. I've found I get along well without them. At least not for the courses I play at.

Some slight adjustments and some big ones. The biggest one being recently dropped the Zone for the A2 as my seasoned zones were not flying the way I wanted them to. They were developing turn when I really just wanted them to just lose fade while keeping HSS. I was also dealing with some griplock on the backhand with the Zone that the A2's don't seem to have. I haven't quite figured them out, but I am liking them so far. I actually have stuck with the Wizards however swtiched to spin putting them and have been very consistent, for my standards at least.

4-6 D2's - 350+Meathook to roller. This has been so consistent for me for Max D and controlled shots. It is also a really great FH disc.
4 Teebirds- 300+Slightly OS to roller
3 Firebrids - Really only need 2, but there's one extra as a backup
2 Truths - Straight discs for 275-325 Supplements until I can beat in an A2 to straight
3 A2's - These have been really good, still very overstable, but are great FH and BH.
3-4 Wizards - 2 throwers and 2 putters, these have been the best putter for me in a very long time.

Picked up a suspect on a whim and loved it. Bought a few more and I'm now afraid my A2 experiment may be short-lived cause these suspects just feel great. I'm hoping they have a good amount of stability when new as the one I bought was used. I've been throwing the A2 for about a month now, but they are almost too overstable. I have finally beat in one of my 300's to be straightish but that took almost a month of hitting trees and it still really shows no signs of developing turn. I'm thinking a new suspect can handle my forearm well and have the blends and softs to beat in to be straight/turnover. We will see, I have to play around with them some more, but the feel in the hand and the plastic options are fantastic.

Not a huge DD guy, although I have bagged trilogy plastics in the past.

I think the suspect might just be exactly what I'm looking for. It is really a workhorse BH and FH mid. Really excited to see these season in. I have a classic blend that is now straight after throwing it every hole for a few rounds, I'm interested to see how it will start to turn and how much glide it will keep.

Suspect is an underrated mold. Fun tweener to throw, starts out reliably OS. I think it just gets overshadowed by that other OS tweener Trilogy - the harp.

4-6 D2's- 350+ Meathook to roller.
4 Teebirds- 300+ OS to roller
2 Firebrids- one OS and one really beefy
3 Suspects- 1 slightly US to one OS
3 Wizards - 2 throwers and 2 putters, these have been the best putter for me in a very long time.

Suspects are in the bag. They are just exactly what I want out of a mid. Great on FH and BH, Great plastics, and very seasonable. I've been tinkering with other putters, but the Wizards are still in the bag as of now. Going to test out some Judges, Marshalls, Envys, Challengers and a few others.

A juicy little update to the bag.

2-4 Raiders- This release has been a game-changer for me. They have simply outperformed every driver, I now have a huge stack of D2's sitting around. Really great both BH and FH. Beefy with a forward fade.
4-5 Teebirds
2-3 Firebirds
4-5 Rocs
2-3 Suspects - Really waiting for the Lucid-x Model to release.
4 Rhynos - 2 putting putters and 2 throwers

Big changes here are the Raiders, Rocs, and Rhynos.

I tried to find a do all midrange that I could BH and FH reliably. The Suspect was close and I may revisit it another time. I also tried the opto-x Claymore for a bit to middling success. However, the Roc is just too good on the BH. I have kept in the suspects because they are great FH discs. Once the Lucid-X model comes out I will finally have a beefy utility in the mid spot. Finally, I have been going with the Rhyno. I have a few seasoned pro's that I putt with and a champ and beat pro for throwing and upshots.

2-4 Raiders- playing around with plastics, this discs is just a beast.
4-6 Teebirds
2-3 Firebirds
4-6 Rocs
3 Rhynos - 2 putting putters and 1 thrower

Cutting the suspects to experiment with powering down TBs for sidearm shots.TheLucid x Suspects were not as overstable as I wanted them to be. All in all, the bag is still the same although the winter bag has been paired down a bit. I have been testing different discs as I have found that I like certain dome/plastic/stability combos for BH vs FH. So, even though I might bag 6 TBs on any given day, I have been using some as FH only while others are BH only and some cover both.

Small update, I have been minimizing molds and total discs and have finally found a putting putter to replace my Rhyno.

Full bag:
2 Excites - still like the raiders, but these seem to go a bit farther with a bite less power
3 Teebirds - jen allen color glo 2017, Luster, 12x champ
2 Firebird - Sexton 2017, 12x champ
3 Rocs - 06 usdgc star baby bird, 06 usdgc throwback, flat top DX
2 Reactors - 1 glo, one regular
Pro Rhyno
1 Utility - usually a stabilizer or glo z zone depending on the course
3 Invaders - 2 Dx for putting, and a luster or halo star for throwing depending on weather

Really liking the invaders for putting, they have a great feel and so much glide. Also a great thrower. Also, the excites have temporarily stolen the distance slot. I have also started throwing Reactors, they are one of the best FH midranges I have tried and are pretty good backhand as well. Still haven't kicked out the rocs as I have been playing a lot of woods courses and feel better with the rocs in there.

Minimal bag: I typically throw equal backhand and forehand so having neutral discs allow me to hit most lines on most courses. I cut the excite and sometimes add in a flippy roc if holes are under 350'.
Excite
Teebird
Firebird
glo reactor
DX invader