• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] My endless quest for a driving putter

We have a Winner!

After an 18 hole 1 disc round

Plasma Envy is Exactly what I was looking for!

not too flippy on snappy drives, but not Pig/Harp OS either, will hold straight, hyzer and anni lines-

great feel to it for FHs as well

Thank you all for your input- (especially the Envy fans) !

For the longest time I've been using warden/zone for my driving putters...and it's been great.

But dynamic discs (and the other co's as well) keep releasing discs and one plastic then never producing additional runs. It's near impossible to find fluid/fuzion/lucid/moonshine wardens and I hate throwing things that are OOP.

That being said...I'm now considering using p2/p3s instead since discmania seems to do a decent job of releasing discs in multiple plastics. I have a P2 on the way from a trade and snagged a p3 at a local store. I already tossed the P3 a couple of times and it is delightful (while also being no where near a zone). So, I may end up putting with wardens and throwing p2/p3/zones.

I carry a lot of putters as I use them off the tee and for most upshots both fh and bh.

I loved throwing wardens but I'm just not willing to search the depths of the earth and pay 20+ a pop just to get a driving putter. No shanks.

I have a stack of classics so I'll be fine using them for putting for....a decade-ish

Glad you found a disc to your liking.

Sparkle Breaker would have been my suggestion. My favorite driving putter. Reliable and easy to manage.

mail call yesterday delivered more delightful driving putters

tried out

Gstar Rhyno: nice feel, a less OS pig

Sinus- sharp edge, so not a FH disc- fun to rip on BH though, does NOT flip

Caltrop- medium- nice feel, like a rhyno to me

Shield, not tested enough for conclusions- feels promising

Jokeri-basic- wow, what a disc, totally thrilled with the feel and stability for BH and FH- not as OS as a Harp- although flight numbers are same- between this disc and the Envy- for the bag space- maybe both for a while