• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

my lost disc found in NAPA

Fntsygamr

Bogey Member
I want to thank the nice gentleman that texted me last night that he found my disc at the Skyline Wilderness park in Napa, CA. I appreciate the text and thank you for leaving the disc at the shack at the park opening. I really appreciate the time you took to hold my disc, call me and respond to my texts back. It is people like that who make playing this game so much more enjoyable.

When I saw the title of your post, I thought you would tell a story like mine. I had a very nice person call and notify me that he found my Buzz at Sunset Park in Las Vegas. He left a message on my phone. I had to call and tell him the punch line: I lost it at Ft. Buhlow DGC in Louisiana several months earlier. I knew exactly where I'd left it (I forgot to pick it up after making a long putt from that lie) and when I went back it was gone. I asked the only group that had played the hole, a threesome, if they had found a disc and they all denied it. Apparently one of them went to Vegas with it.

There are definitely some good people playing disc golf. But I have lost way more discs than I ever got texts or calls from the people who found them.

I always try to do the same. You gotta atleast do your best to the disc back to the rightful owner.

I have returned a few and have been told to keep a few that I found. I have a couple of stories of disc return stories that I would like to share. One that I returned I found at a different park that the guy had lost it. The courses are within about 50 miles of each other but still kinda crazy. The other story is a disc that I was contacted about that I had lost. A guy in California was nice enough to let me know he had found my disc. I had no idea what disc he was talking about until he explained it to me. I realized that I had lost the disc in Iowa. Not only did someone that found it in Iowa lose it in California but it was found again three years after I had lost it. Some how my name and number were still on it. I told him to keep it but I appreciated that he had contacted me.

Good to hear you had a + related to Skyline. If you want to throw there again, shot me a PM.

You forgot the most important part... WHAT DISC WAS IT?

Sweet! Last time I played there I found an inked disc. Texted and got a response quick as soon as I hit the parking lot. Left it at the Kiosk. Seriously convenient.

Seems like my lost discs get left at PIAS:\:doh:

I found a guy's disc on a local course, and when I called him and told him where I found it, he said he'd never played that course before.

Apparently, this type of thing happens a lot.

I lost a disc in ohio. A couple of years later a guy from san francisco called and said he found it. Dude was stoked when i told him to keep it.

I found a guy's disc on a local course, and when I called him and told him where I found it, he said he'd never played that course before.

Here's a strange one: We found a guy's disc, called and he said he'd never played there and for us to keep the disc. On the last hole, right by the basked we found another of his discs! :confused:

We found a easily 9/10 esp buzz yesterday at west lake park. The guy was a couple holes in front of us when I called. It was cool, he thanked me and said he appreciated it. It was rewarding

I've done that. Disc found in Berkley. Guy had moved to Seattle 3 years before. Had ink from at least one other person on it. The homeless folks sell the pond discs cheap in the parking lot. That thing has passed through a lot of hands.
Truth is, I've almost never found anything that ends up in my bag. Might as well try to give it back.

Latest posts