• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My new ALL Trilogy bag- advice?

EROPPER

Birdie Member
after playing for 1 year, and starting with mainly Innova and Discraft I have totally transformed my bag to all Trilogy in the last month- I just love the way Swedish plastic feels/Glides

age 40, other athletics = cycling -- RHBH and RHFH equally

I may have a little redundancy/overlap but am still trying/comparing a few molds

What do you all think of my bag?

Putters:
Medium Daggers - putting duties only, maybe a turnover approach on ocassion
Shield - Straight and turnover approaches/Drives
Sinus - OS Driver- will not turn over if thrown hard
Caltrop- approach disc, BH and FH
Harp- OS- FH approach duties, BH hyzer drives

Mids:
Fuse- US/ turnovers/ testing/ replaced my Comet- not fully convinced it can
Truth - go to mid- holds any line
Verdict - slightly OS - love it for FH and BH drives
Bard- New to me - testing, feels more OS than Verdict
Justice- meathook/FH flex/utility disc

Fairways:
Warship- tweener/straight/turnover/neutral BHs
Spark- slightly OS, FHs and some BH Hyzer lines
Stag- love this one, Straight, with a touch of stability
Escape- testing, liking it so far, may overlap with Stag
Saint- slightly OS- love the feel for FH and BH- goes farther than the Spark
Culverin- FH driver/ BH hyzer- replaced Thunderbird- liking this one a lot

Drivers:
GL Flow- BH pure distance, beat in to dead straight
Opto Flow, new, slightly OS distance, and some FHs
Renegade, Tailwind/hyzer flip/ sky annis
Felon, utility/ skip FHs/Firebird replacement
Fury- easy throw turnover/BH cut rollers

testing a few other trilogy discs, may eliminate a few, i feel like i have a lot of molds, maybe too many? What do yall think?

cheers,
Eric R in SC

This might should be in the Bag Suggestions area. But to play the game, it looks like you have some overlap in your putters (Sinus, Harp) and Mids (Bard (overlaps Harp, too), Justice). And you mentioned the Stag/Escape potential overlap.

sorry, didn't see the bag suggestions area- can i move it or can a mod do it?

yea, really need to eliminate a few molds/ simplify a bit and learn to throw what I have better

sorry, didn't see the bag suggestions area- can i move it or can a mod do it?

yea, really need to eliminate a few molds/ simplify a bit and learn to throw what I have better

A mod will take care of you, probably.

You definitely have a butt ton of molds which can make finding go to discs hard if you are learning 10+ roughly at the same time, so my advice would be to trim it down a good bit. Think about the courses you routinely play and the discs you find yourself reaching for more and more and trim it down to that group of discs, your go to's. Learn those and then maybe add in for utility after that. Also, since you are BH/FH, I'd let go of any discs that you cannot do both with.

Here is my suggestions though:

Putters:
Daggers
Harp or Caltrop

Mids:
Truth/Verdict -or- Warship/Bard

Fairways:
Stag
Fury
Saint
Culverin
Spark -or- Felon

Distance:
Flows
-maybe keep the Renegade in till a Flow gets to that point, but I would see how much you could get out of just using the Flows-

Sweet, must be nice having that trilogy sponsorship!

haha, no, I just like buying discs :) a $80 gift certificate to DGC.COM i won in a tourney definitely helped

great advice on the simplify the bag thing- and it would save my back from lugging all those molds around

I would get a saint up in that bag. I do not throw trilogy but the saint is easy straight d, it almost feels like cheating.

I just looked if I had it on hand but I dont, I was going to say I could send you a fury. Its in its "sweet spot" well at least for my arm and is controllably flippy. Great for tail winds or doglegs.

I would get a saint up in that bag. I do not throw trilogy but the saint is easy straight d, it almost feels like cheating.

I just looked if I had it on hand but I dont, I was going to say I could send you a fury. Its in its "sweet spot" well at least for my arm and is controllably flippy. Great for tail winds or doglegs.

I do bag an opto Saint and an Opto Fury, both great discs and staples in my bag, The Saint is my Tbird replacement and the Fury is a very Easy throw turnover disc for me, although it sees limited use since I throw FH as well

As someone who bags both, I can say there is very little overlap in a Bard and Justice. I've also spent time with both the Saint and the Escape, and there is definite overlap there for me (have only thrown a freakishly OS Stag a couple times so cant speak to that).

I would list what plastic your molds are. You could bag a bio Escape and a Fuzion Escape and cover slightly US and stable shots with one mold. You could also try a baseline mid and a premium mid in the same mold for two different lines. Just something to think about. Some dont care about cutting down on molds, some do. It has its merits for sure so something to consider. Take a look at my ITB thread. I threw a lot of Innova and slowly started ditching some of their molds for something that worked better/more consistently for me. I found myself putting more and more trilogy discs in the bag for no reason other than they flew better for. I also love the Lucid plastic, and Retro in baseline plastic.

I only threw one retro plastic (it was a saint), and it was horrid. Worse than DX, but not quite as bad as pro d.

Ive got two Retro Claymores, a Retro Pure, Mercy and had a Saint. I didnt care for how the Saint flew but the others are great. Its a very grippy and pretty stiff plastic. Aside from the Thunderbirds that were run in a fantastic DX plastic, saying that the Retro is worse, is a stretch. My Claymore and hit many trees and has just a tick more turn now than it did when I get it. Its a great cycling plastic.

if you like sparks and felons stick with those. a recycled sparl in lighter weights flies like a teebird once it hits a tree or 4. then you have the opto faf ones as a meathook, for stupid OS frost moonshine sparks. i feel as if the lighter weight repro spark fills the stag/escape role.

a felon will do the same only longer when you play with plastics (fuzion/gold line/tournament = star, lucid/opto/vip = champ, biofuzion/recycled/reprocesses=ecostar, frost/fluid/elasto = gstar-ish).

mids... really a warship and verdict could do everything and a lower powered max weight spark could fill the justice slot. i like bards, but verdicts are almost the same. i found the verdict was slightly more os longer than my bard. both are now beat into roc3 type laser beams or a fresh emac truth.

putters... cant help since i like shallower putters (see swan2, atom, envy....)

distance drivers, if that works for you... use 'em

Latest posts