• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My predictions for the 2017 season, yours?

tmpmnz

So the 2016 season is pretty much a wrap with the Major victory by my boy Big Jerm( i've caddied for him three times at the BHMO) at the USDGC. Now it's time to look forward to next year and I have some predictions. What are yours?

1. It will be a epic battle all year between McBeth and Wysocki but I see Ricky taking the W at seasons end.

2. The field gets deeper. By that I mean a higher level of playing by the top tier players. Yes I think next year will be another year of the Sockibomb but I see players like Koling, Gibson, McMahon, Ulibarri etc. taking it to the next level and stealing some majors and NT, DGWT, DGPT wins from McBeth and Socki.

3. Paige Pierce returns to a high level of competition as a DD sponsored player and wins her 4th World title plus a couple more majors.

4. Disc golf gets a major sponsor for one of its elite tournaments. This is a gut feeling mixed in with a little hope.

So yeah this is my prediction, whats yours?

1. McBeth/Wysocki becomes a huge rivalry, with McBeth fully healed up and Wysocki having an offseason to get even more focused.

2. A couple of the second tier top pros (Specifically McMahon and Big Jerm but there are a couple other guys) will more consistently be pushing McBeth and Wysocki, but I don't think they're going to be as consistent nor as dominant as McBeth/Wysocki

3. The Pro Tour continues to grow and builds their brand even further

4. The DGWT continues to do their thing, although I just don't see how their model will grow the pro side in America. If they can get enough Finns to travel to the Aussie Open, I think it'll grow in Europe. I'm also really looking forward to watching their Konopiste Open, that was a gorgeous course.

5. There will be more growing pain decisions made between the three tours

5.5 (Longterm view): The PDGA eventually turns the NT side over to the DGPT within the next three seasons, while DGWT functions alongside running PDGA majors and a European-focused tour, while the PDGA becomes a sanctioning body and continues to run it's A/B/C tier tournaments as per usual

1. McBeth will have a better year than 2016, but actual wins are going to be spread out more. I look for Nikko, Eagle, and maybe Sexton to come through in some big tournaments and get some wins over the "Big 2".

2. Catrina Allen will win most of the tournaments, like in 2016, but the Worlds and other big ones will elude her again.

3. The DGWT will continue to 'not support' live streaming, and will begin to struggle. Especially in the US.

4. Another "Philo"-type moment on ESPN Top 10.

5. Under the direction of the DGPT and PDGA, tournaments will get better, with better courses (or better layouts of existing courses), and better payouts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1. McBeast v. Sockibomb again, with the occasional challenger from the B-pool at random tourneys.

2. PP makes a comeback

3. DGWT folds, Discmania ceases to be (mwhahahahahahaha)

4. DGPT and PDGA bury the hatchet and make a great tour together and sing Kumbaya at the end of the season.

5. Halcon starts playing disc golf.

6. ADGT/Salient resurrects to exact vengeance on the disc golf community.

7. Probably more Sportscenter moments but disc golf still won't be taken seriously, which is fine.

8. BirdieMachine will once again post 9/11 conspiracy theories ad nauseum in politics.

9. VIP/PIF will (hopefully) get some more traction again. (#thxNoill)

10. Johnny Depth returns and starts the World Disc Golf Domination Tour

Nikko finally figures out how to control his discs mid-air via voice command. :D

McBeth gets married and it ruins him.

Another rival organization is formed to challenge the PDGA. Its name: The Lingerie Disc Golf League.

A rising star comes out of the Midwest, but no one knows his real name. He goes by the alias "Thugnificient".

TheBeardedFatGuy takes over Sidewinder22's place as the resident DG guru. Some people don't even notice.

No love for Simon?

Agree on Paige making a come back.

Is McBeth set to have surgery or no?

Simon will make a strong comeback.

Eagle will have an even better year and will be regarded by most as one of the top 5 players in disc golf.

An injury will take out a top 10 MPO player for a majority of the year

Paige Pierce and Ricky dominate the bigger events

A household DG brand will go out of business (Not Innova, Discraft or Dynamic/Lat/Westside)

An energy drink like Monster or Red Bull sponsors an event or entity related to the sport

The debate between open ball golf vs. woods/technical courses intensifies

Attempts at drone footage and post-produced content outpace live viewing

At least one large event decides to unsanction

1. Simon's knee never fully heals and he only throws 400.
2. mcbeth and wysocki mysteriously go missing.
3. Nikko and Bradly Williams co-author a book on the mental game within disc golf.
4. Anthon wins the most tournaments.

• MJ and Barry dominate the NC scene
  • Nikko, Philo, Jerm, Schusterick all challenge for NT wins
  • Someone hits an ace that goes on sportscenter
  • Catrina or Paige makes a lead card in the DGWT
  • Ricky and Paul are still good but the field is sooooo much better so no one dominates.
  • Feldberg gets a major win
MJ and Barry dominate the woods in NC

1. Simon's knee never fully heals and he only throws 400.
2. mcbeth and wysocki mysteriously go missing.
3. Nikko and Bradly Williams co-author a book on the mental game within disc golf.
4. Anthon wins the most tournaments.

Completely unrelated events, I'm sure.

Latest posts