• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

i tried mine out for a long round yesterday and i have to say the frame digs into my lower back. im pretty tall and broad shouldered so i tried wearing it high and low on my back but i cant tighten the straps enough to wear it as high as i need to.

so idk its a great idea, but it might not work for me.

Intrigued! Might be taking a trip to the Cabelas in the area to see this (and the deluxe bag) in person, then ordering on line for the nicer price.

With the middle flap being able to be unzipped, would it be possible to build an internal frame to the top of the bag? That way you could make the bag a stool, and still access your discs from the safety pinned lower outside flap. Saw a Gorilla Boy bag that had internal PVC frame/ stool and was wondering if that setup would work for this bag. I ordered one of these this morning and will find out for myself soon.

Possible...but not too practical. You could frame this thru the middle compartment divider, but the bag tapers in width toward the top. So frame would get narrower and no be longer plumb to ground.

i tried mine out for a long round yesterday and i have to say the frame digs into my lower back. im pretty tall and broad shouldered so i tried wearing it high and low on my back but i cant tighten the straps enough to wear it as high as i need to.

so idk its a great idea, but it might not work for me.

Try putting a lightweight layer of batting or similar across the back inside part of the bag or even across the back of the frame. Or even cardboard, should alleviate some of that.

I made a full rectangular frame that not only holds discs but supports the upper compartment and it does not dig into my back at all.

Is the deluxe or the pro better for making a disc golf bag?

The deluxe is just bigger and has a few bells and whistles
You can get more discs and gear in the pro than most people would ever need.

But if you are Overkill McGill, 20 bucks more for the kitchen sink holder

Attachments

• Bolsa kabong.jpg
    Bolsa kabong.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
I ordered one of the Cabella pro backpacks today and if it doesn't work out I can use it as a regular back pack. I only paid $49.99 and free shipping.

So it's a win-win situation.

I pulled the trigger on one today. Should be here on monday. I've been needing a backpack style bag but haven't wanted to put up the 150. 50 dollars seemed more reasonable. Hopefully it works out, If it doesn't it's still a sweet backpack.

If anybody played soccer when they were younger, I bet that this style of bag would work well. Does anybody use one of these?

http://www.soccer-game-information.com/image-files/adidascopabackpack.gif

Looking at getting an Ogio backpack from here. I've got the hookup through my work to get them for half of the listed price.

I'm thinking either the Fugitive or the Kirby. Since I can get them kinda cheap, I won't mind cutting out some of the inside dividers and then will make an internal frame.

Edit: The Fugitive is 10" deep while the Kirby is only 7" ... looks like I'm going to order a Fugitive on Monday :)

Last edited:
why buy a grip bag for ~150 bucks (idk how much they cost) when you can get this for 70 and its basically the same thing.

honestly i dont think this is anything like the grip bag, other than its a backpack. its more like a revolution dual pack. the discs are in the bottom with a frame, the storage is on top, zip open putter pocket, and the flap for the bottom compartment zips down to the bottom rather than up like on the grip.

im probably going to be selling mine (with the frame) if anyone is interested.

Yeah not a Grip. They are not that similar.
And Grips are better dgolf bags in every way.

But they aren't 175-200 bucks better.

So my backpack came in today and I made a frame for the discs...

DGBackpack1.jpg

DGBackpack2.jpg

DGBackpack3.jpg

I haven't taken it for a round yet but so far it seems like it will work.

The lowest price on a Revo Dual pack is $145 (the lite model) and the entry Grip is $200. I'm not spending that much on a DG bag. $50 the most I'll drop on one. The Grip bag holds 20+ discs I got 16 in mine with plenty of room for a few more.

Also, all backpacks on the Grip & Revolution sites are "out of stock".

This seems to be a good and not too expensive alternative and if it doesn't work out for me it will make a great overnight travel backpack.

Latest posts