• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

I ordered mine Sat. night, picked it up from the po box today and took it straight to the course. Needs a frame so it doesn't fall over and had to use the velcro straps to hold up the zipper pulls(forgot my safety pins). BadA$$. I'll post pics. if I have something good to add.

Anyone with the seat type frame dimensions? I am really interested and am thinking about picking up the supplies today. I am guessing half inch schedule 80 pvc?

I picked up a 20 dollar backpack yesterday that i am going to modify. It probably is not as stiff as the bag you have but it holds alot of discs and looks nice.

There are 2 pockets on the side that could fit putters + extra discs a sling that holds 2 putters on top of a pocket for minis and keys phone ect. The main cage holds 17 discs comfortably without a frame (but i will put one in). The big compartment held a big sweater a water bottle and a couple extra discs but still had room to spare.

Sorry for the bad quality picture i plan to take some better pics tomorrow and when i put the frame/other mods on it.

If framed and fully loaded with just discs i would venture it could hold 40 discs and 2 putters. (I put a ton in just to see what it was like yesterday).

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 262
So glad I found this thread. I really liked the concept of the Grip EQ, but the price is ridiculous. Got this bad boy on sale and I'm very pleased.

As for the questions on dimensions..

The original dimensions of 9 3/4th tall, 13 1/2 wide, 6 1/2 deep are accurate. However that's the size of the piping after the connectors are added. I found that the connectors add an inch on each end.

Therefore I cut my height to.. I think it was 7 inches, because it's SUPER tight even at that. Experiment, Try 7 1/2 and see what you think, I almost ripped my bag jamming it in there, you can always cut some off.. 11 1/2 wide, and 4 1/2 deep.

The bottom holds around 18 discs, I'd actually like to carry 14.. So I'm thinking of something to put on each side to help keep the discs upright. Any ideas?

I added Gaphers tape to the bottom pipes to help hold them in place. I also layed a few strips in the front to close the gap a little so they really stay in there. I held the bag upside down with the flap completely open and nothing fell out.

Those are the dimensions I used.

just bought the cabela bag while the sale was going on. Got socks and used the 42penny code and made the shipping cheaper and with free socks. win.

got this bag this weekend, made the cage for it and i must say one of the better disc bags i have ever used better than the grip imo. totaly worth the $60 it takes to make

Here is the bag with seat.
bag2.jpg

^^ This is the fame I would like the dimensions for. I just got the bag and really like it so far...just a little tippy without enough discs in the bottom it seems. Can you tell me all the connectors are needed and if 5 or 10 feet of pvc is enough, 1/2 or 3/4. I am also thinking I am going to go with schedule 80 for the extra support. I am wondering how you made the second level of the pvc frame since the bag narrows up toward the top. nice cushion too!

It is pretty straight foward. The internal frame is the same on the bottom half as the demensions previously stated. It just tapers toward the top. Build the bottom frame 9 3/4" tall, 13 1/2 wide, 6 1/2 deep but put 3 way connectors on top. Connect front to back with tee and very short nipples(this tee points up to support front of seat), connect across back with 11 1/2, use street elbow and 11 1/2 pvc across front. Extend the back up about 5" put on another 3way connector and connect side to side with a 10" piece. The internal flap is just glued to the pvc that runs across the front. the piece of wood the foam is glued to is 3 1/2 x 11. the foam is 1 1/2 thick dense foam from a weight bench. Total there is 10' of schedual 40 pvc in this bag, I literally had about 5 inches left. I could take the frame out of the bag to take a photo but that would be a pain for me. Just start cutting, the pipe is cheap, start with the longer lengths so that if you screw up you can use those somewhere else.

Attachments

• bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 117
It is 1/2 pipe, 8- slip joint 3way connectors,6- slip joint tees, 2- street 90 elbows, and 10' of pvc. The pvc is flexible enough to bend and make up for the taper, because the corners end up being less than 90 degrees with the taper.

I made my frame a little different and used the grey schedule 80 pipe. I paid around $27 for everything. Will post pics later. Anyone have any ideas for a bigger drink holder? Thats my only complaint with this bag. I also might need to make the front beams a little taller because the discs are a little tight, but that might be a good thing so none fall out. Great bag so far!

I've got one of each. The grip by design is a better bag, but for the money, and the few simple modifications, you can't go wrong with this bag.

Attachments

• 100_0586.jpg
    100_0586.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 317
www.rei.com/product/770795/outdoor-products-insulated-water-bottle-holder-1-liter this looks like it will hold any drink you throw at it. Saw it at the store today and the insulation looks amazing. It has a strap on the back that is Velcro and would attach anywhere you had a loop on the bag. Probably just spray paint it black and sew it on over the old drink holder. At an angle so you can just reach back and grab it out.

Last edited:
Has anyone put a Camelback into one of these badboys? I have pretty broad shoulders - Will I have trouble getting this bag on and off?

Has anyone put a Camelback into one of these badboys?
There's not really much of an option to get a Camelbak into this bag. IIRC, the deluxe will accomodate hydration bladders, but for this version your only option would be to stuff it into the upper compartment with any other gear you'd be carrying.

As far as the bottle holder I will just use the insulated bag for now until it wears out. (I did add some black elastic rope to the top and sewed it to the side of the backpack to keep it from flopping around so much) Then I'll take it off and replace it with something else. I keep a large bottle of water in an insulated pocket I attached to the back of the top compartment. It can hold 2 large bottles.

How much weight can that seat hold? Also my idea was for this bag is to make a frame so the discs sit that the top of the bag rather than the bottom. What I mean is rather than the discs be at the bottom like most people are doing make a frame so you reach into the top of the bag to get your discs. I feel that this would work better than having the discs in the bottom compartment. Do you guys think this would work? Is there any point in trying to do this? I have a bag but actually use it for fishing lol. I have a lat 64 bag and I love the amount of storage it has. Can you fit a sweatshirt or rain suit into this bag will all the discs? My lat 64 bag is starting to fall apart and I want a cheaper backpack bag and this seems like a good option. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

It would work, but not too high up it will be top heavy and want to tip. I flipped my frame upside down to see how it would work. I would say about 3 inches up from the bottom would be fine. I actually plan to make this a permanent mod, just enough room under the frame to put small h2o bottles or a hoodie.

Latest posts