• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mystere??

Yay another flippy POS from Innova.

They don't need more molds. They need to focus on presenting the classics in EVERY available plastic line, and develop addional plastic options. (QUALITY Baselines and something to compete with Frost/Lava/Fluid/Plasma/11x KC Pro - Candy/driver).

GStar is ok, but its already about played out. Whats next?? IOW "what have ya done for me lately?"

Maybe they need to divide the business:
Innova - Beginner Line: Wolf, Shark, Wombat, Foxbat, Panther, TL, Beast, Roadrunner, Archon, Groove, Daedalus, Mamba, Tern
Innova - Advanced/Pro: Roc, Gator, Roc3, Mako(3), Teebird, Eagle, Whippet, FB, Thunderbird, Orc, Wraith, Destroyer, Boss, Ape

They don't need more molds. They need to focus on presenting the classics in EVERY available plastic line, and develop addional plastic options. (QUALITY Baselines and something to compete with Frost/Lava/Fluid/Plasma/11x KC Pro - Candy/driver).

GStar is ok, but its already about played out. Whats next?? IOW "what have ya done for me lately?"

Maybe they need to divide the business:
Innova - Beginner Line: Wolf, Shark, Wombat, Foxbat, Panther, TL, Beast, Roadrunner, Archon, Groove, Daedalus, Mamba, Tern
Innova - Advanced/Pro: Roc, Gator, Roc3, Mako(3), Teebird, Eagle, Whippet, FB, Thunderbird, Orc, Wraith, Destroyer, Boss, Ape
Oh good grief. Maybe you should learn to throw US discs without OAT.

Oh, and here's how we have to say it https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mystère :D

Hard to get excited about another innova launch. They've had some good releases the last couple of years, but I really have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with their new launches these days. And the names suck.

I guess this could be considered a replacement of the now defunct "new" mold beast?

Hard to get excited about another innova launch. They've had some good releases the last couple of years, but I really have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with their new launches these days. And the names suck.

I guess this could be considered a replacement of the now defunct "new" mold beast?

I'm excited as heck. I really don't like the Vulcan shape, so giving me something in that Archon slot, with 6 glide, and (Hopefully) no Vulcan shoulders, and I'm ordering a case.

11KC Pro is comparable to Frost/lava/fluid plastic?!?!?!? This is a joke right. And you know that innova does have gummy champ plastic available in CFR.

I really hope they are overmolded drivers, so they can become the best selling overmolds on the market :p

I'm excited as heck. I really don't like the Vulcan shape, so giving me something in that Archon slot, with 6 glide, and (Hopefully) no Vulcan shoulders, and I'm ordering a case.

old "new" beast, mamba, deadulus, katana are all other understable drivers besides the archon and Vulcan that you mentioned. You *could* throw the Tern out their too but I don't think that counts for this discussion. What will this one offer that those don't, assuming its not an overmold? How many options for understable drivers do people actually need? I don't get it.

Oh good grief. Maybe you should learn to throw US discs without OAT.

Oh, and here's how we have to say it https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mystère :D

Not his point. I agree that already have more than enough good/ great molds out there and that the focus should be on superior plastics and disc characteristics (i.e. dome, no plus rim, consistency).

Not his point. I agree that already have more than enough good/ great molds out there and that the focus should be on superior plastics and disc characteristics (i.e. dome, no plus rim, consistency).

Correct!

And for the record, I have no trouble throwing US discs. I use US versions of stable/OS molds for those slots. I bag a Leo, TL3(beat TB), PPD, & G*Destroyer. I have NO trouble covering all the shots I need with my bag.

I could easily throw an RR or SW, but I just don't see the need. However, all of that is personal preferance.

I just woud like to see Innova shift focus more to quality, not quanity.
Nothing wrong with progress, but I think they need to tighten up where they are now, intead of expanding much further.

old "new" beast, mamba, deadulus, katana are all other understable drivers besides the archon and Vulcan that you mentioned. You *could* throw the Tern out their too but I don't think that counts for this discussion. What will this one offer that those don't, assuming its not an overmold? How many options for understable drivers do people actually need? I don't get it.

Yes, they are understable, but all different. Throwing out different rim width discs it useless to the discussion. 11 is under utilized by Innova. This disc has been needed for a while. We need a lot. Yes, you don't get it.

Correct!

And for the record, I have no trouble throwing US discs. I use US versions of stable/OS molds for those slots. I bag a Leo, TL3(beat TB), PPD, & G*Destroyer. I have NO trouble covering all the shots I need with my bag.

I could easily throw an RR or SW, but I just don't see the need. However, all of that is personal preferance.

I just woud like to see Innova shift focus more to quality, not quanity.
Nothing wrong with progress, but I think they need to tighten up where they are now, intead of expanding much further.

This was said when the Tern was announced as well. It is probably the greatest distance driver ever made. If we end up with an 11 speed Tern, it will be a moment disc golf celebrates forever.

This was said when the Tern was announced as well. It is probably the greatest distance driver ever made. If we end up with an 11 speed Tern, it will be a moment disc golf celebrates forever.

Absurd hyperbole aside, I'll give your point about the tern. I can see the appeal of a tern with a slightly smaller wing. I wouldn't need it, but I see why some people would be down

11KC Pro is comparable to Frost/lava/fluid plastic?!?!?!? This is a joke right. And you know that innova does have gummy champ plastic available in CFR.

Yes, more comparable than current Innova Champ (JL). I DO still find 11x KCP plastic to be superior to those listed, but I certainly find them comparable.

The Innova Gummy Champ is irrelevant. Its not widely available, and for me is too floppy.

Opto/Lucid is the most similar to 11x KCP to me. The Opto plastic has a similar durability, firmness, and grip to the 11x KCP. I do NOT find Opto and Champ directly comparable (even though thats the intent of the manufacturer) Champ is, generally, more firm, a bit slicker, and way more durable.

Not necessarily a negative either way, just highlighting the differences. If I could get some of my Innova molds in Opto, I'd be super pumped!

Maybe the reason Innova canned the 11x KCP was its similarity to Champ plastic. I'd have rather kept KCP and canned the Champ. With slightly less durability, Innova would actually sell more discs.

If the Tern is the greatest DD of all time, why do the greatest players of all time not bag one?

BC that title goes to the Destroyer.

I pretty much like all the premium plastics, but prefer the Star types. Especially Legacy's. I don't see the need for more.

I really hope they are overmolded drivers, so they can become the best selling overmolds on the market :p

ROFL Because they would totally become best sellers since innova is the most accessible brand.
Even if they're not anywhere close to the best. I sense a coming troll war if this is the case.

I have plenty of 11x tbirds that are the same plastic as other champion non KC discs that were made at the same time. There were also many different blends during the 11x period. The 11x stamp went away when Ken Climo became the 12x champ.