• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mystere??

I have plenty of 11x tbirds that are the same plastic as other champion non KC discs that were made at the same time. There were also many different blends during the 11x period. The 11x stamp went away when Ken Climo became the 12x champ.

Common misinformation. There are a staggering number of folks, like yourself, who fail to realize the difference in a 11x KC Pro Teebird and an 11x Champion Teebird.

Its not surprising due to the similarities in appearance of the two plastics. However, the stamps are clearly different and not even really simliar in any way.

They both feature Ken Climo, so thats similar, but they are different plastics.

Its kinda like saying a McPro Roc3 and a 3x McBeth Champ Roc3 are the same thing bc they are the same mold and both mention McBeth. People don't make that mistake bc the plastics look visably very different.

Also may be why innova dropped the 11x KC Pro (driver) plastic.

Just an FYI the Candy Pro leopards and Candy Pro Firebirds were the same plastic as 11x KC Pro. No one mistakes a Candy Pro Firebird for a Champion Firebird.

Anyway...No harm, no foul. I just like to clarify this whenever someone mixes this up, bc it continues the confusion and passes it to others.

Always curious about new Innova releases, as I feel they are in an odd position being the largest manufacturer: They legitimately have to do something pretty different to make a splash, given that most of their slots are filled. Yet, they're available everywhere so they'll still sell. It's kind of a trip.

But to everyone ragging on another Innova driver, think about how well the Thunderbird and Tern have been received. Something new doesn't mean something bad.

Always curious about new Innova releases, as I feel they are in an odd position being the largest manufacturer: They legitimately have to do something pretty different to make a splash, given that most of their slots are filled. Yet, they're available everywhere so they'll still sell. It's kind of a trip.

But to everyone ragging on another Innova driver, think about how well the Thunderbird and Tern have been received. Something new doesn't mean something bad.

Well some people seem to think that anything new from Innova is a bad thing.

Well some people seem to think that anything new from Innova is a newly-stamped version of an existing mold.

This, too. Gotta have something to talk about on here, right?

Either way, looking forward to throwing any and all of these that I can.

Common misinformation. There are a staggering number of folks, like yourself, who fail to realize the difference in a 11x KC Pro Teebird and an 11x Champion Teebird.

Its not surprising due to the similarities in appearance of the two plastics. However, the stamps are clearly different and not even really simliar in any way.

They both feature Ken Climo, so thats similar, but they are different plastics.

Its kinda like saying a McPro Roc3 and a 3x McBeth Champ Roc3 are the same thing bc they are the same mold and both mention McBeth. People don't make that mistake bc the plastics look visably very different.

Also may be why innova dropped the 11x KC Pro (driver) plastic.

Just an FYI the Candy Pro leopards and Candy Pro Firebirds were the same plastic as 11x KC Pro. No one mistakes a Candy Pro Firebird for a Champion Firebird.

Anyway...No harm, no foul. I just like to clarify this whenever someone mixes this up, bc it continues the confusion and passes it to others.

Your previous post stated that there was an 11x KC pro plastic. I was just saying that any 11x driver is made out of the same plastic as any other candy/ champion disc from the same time period. I would never confuse an early 11x kc pro with an 11x champ.

I'm sure you can take a 11 6 -2 -2 disc and make it many different ways. What is important is feel. I thought the archon was a flunk. Felt weird and flew inconsistent. Had limited experience so take with a grain of salt.

But take that same mold and tweak it a bit to make it feel better and maybe fly less squirrelly and baam got yourself a classic disc.

I used to throw a mako. Great disc, first two aces with makos. Then they made the atlas. And it was over.

So take a crap unpopular mold and redo it into something people will actually throw.

:edit: not saying mako is a bad mold but comet> mako many would say. Why have a mold that can't compete against a competitors?

Last edited:
I'm sure you can take a 11 6 -2 -2 disc and make it many different ways. What is important is feel. I thought the archon was a flunk. Felt weird and flew inconsistent. Had limited experience so take with a grain of salt.

But take that same mold and tweak it a bit to make it feel better and maybe fly less squirrelly and baam got yourself a classic disc.

I used to throw a mako. Great disc, first two aces with makos. Then they made the atlas. And it was over.

So take a crap unpopular mold and redo it into something people will actually throw.

:edit: not saying mako is a bad mold but comet> mako many would say. Why have a mold that can't compete against a competitors?

Wut?!

Wham-O also made some in the 80´s

Wham-O Omin HDR, circa 1984.

1359910544.png

AMF Vector Hyperfoil, circa 1984

3170488_orig.jpg

BTW, according to Tom Monroe's EVOLUTION of DISC GOLF DISCS, back around 1983, Dave Dunipace showed up at Morley with a Puppy modified with a wedge-shaped plastic ring around the rim, so you could say Dave's been doing overmolds for 30+ years. ;)

lol I hope it's an overmold so I can see all the MVP rage. So classy.

It's plastic, folks. Little circles of plastic.

People were comparing it to a archon. And some people were saying that they don't understand why innova keeps making molds when they have discs just like it already.

It's like the FL. Unpopular mold and I didn't like the feel. But then they make a disc like the thunderbird which is basically the same disc in flight numbers. Feels a lot different. More comfortable. And it's a great success.

1180204466575117201.png
People were comparing it to a archon. And some people were saying that they don't understand why innova keeps making molds when they have discs just like it already.

It's like the FL. Unpopular mold and I didn't like the feel. But then they make a disc like the thunderbird which is basically the same disc in flight numbers. Feels a lot different. More comfortable. And it's a great success.

was there any indication that it's an o***mold design or is that just forum fantasizing?

never mind, i see which two brought it up. may all your dreams come true, friends.

Last edited:
was there any indication that it's an o***mold design or is that just forum fantasizing?

never mind, i see which two brought it up. may all your dreams come true, friends.

:clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts