• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name the hardest and easiest course you have played

Hardest:
West Lake Park Davenport, IA.
Over 2 miles in length from the pro tees
LOTS of water, and...
LOTS of wind to go with it
24 holes took around "4 HOURS" the last time I was there
Eat your Wheaties!!!

Easiest:
Memorial Park Manito, IL.
A great little 9 hole practice course with brand new discatchers
most holes are a mid-range shot
several putter shots
1 hole where you can bust out a teebird or valk
it's like a 9 hole ace run, fun practice...

It took me a while to look through my list but here is what I came up with. Hardest, Gateway park west in Fort Worth, TX. Tight, wooded and just hard to get a good teeshot in on most of the holes. Challenging but in a way that it puts you in your place. Easiset is difficult to judge, but I might say Paseo Vista Recreation area in Chandler, AZ. Tons of super short holes, wide open and straight shots. Great for beginners and still somewhat fun for your more advanced player.

Not sure, but I think W.R. Jackson at the IDGC may be the toughest I've played. Almost every hole is not only physically draining---long, multi-throws, sometimes up and down big hills---but there are lots of trees and fairway management, so I end up mentally exhausted as well. I love it.

Easiest would be a course, the name of which I can't find. Somewhere in northeast Louisiana, in a large county park, 10 or 12 years ago, a course listed in the PDGA directory and on park signs. It was clearly a FRISBEE GOLF course. 18 100-150' holes, and the targets were concrete cylinders, like 4' concrete pipes turned on end, looking like giant ashtrays. All squeezed into a couple of acres.

Hardest is tough to distinguish

Nevin in Charlotte, NC (partly because it was brand new and hadn't been played in at all)
Jack McLean in Tallahassee, FL

Easiest
Spassland in Germantown, WI

Easiest-Bull Run
Hardest-Deis Hill (blue tees)

Brandywine, another good choice. I've played there, but I hear Ironhill is harder.

For sure. Iron Hill the toughest. And with some of the new stuff being put in Carousel is creeping up there. I love seeing Delaware getting mention here.

Simplest- Branchwood in Franconia, PA

Easiest course is simple--Groves Park in Tucson. I got -8 on it, my best score anywhere.

Toughest course would have to be, for me, Marana Rock in Tucson. At 6933' that one is a monster, especially for a short driver like me.
Though I must add that my worst round EVER was at Fountain Hills, in Fountain Hills, when the wind was at 20+ mph. Brutal, brutal day. Though on calm days I have done well there.

madeline bertrand,niles michigan is an 18 hole putt putt course,it is very beginner friendly,average pro par round is 10 under

Leviathan,ludington michigan, this course is relentless with lots of 4-500ft tunnel shots and quite a few crusher holes with tight greens and pin placements 8140ft

Leviathan ("twisted, coiled"), is a sea monster referred to in the Bible. In Demonology, Leviathan is one of the seven princes of Hell and its gatekeeper....................Yeah lol

Last edited:
Knollwood in Kalamazoo MI is a very easy course to play. Not much to it, an aviar would be all you would need.
The new set up for Shore Acres in Saugatuck MI is playing tuff with the new wood holes. I think a lot of courses play harder on some days than others. If the wind is whipping of the lake at Shore Acres it can add at least 4 strokes, at least for me!
Biz
Team Bert

easiest 18er: Nims Park in Rock Falls, IL
easiest 9er: Carlyle City Park in Carlyle IL

hardest: West Lake Park in Davenport IA or Foundation DG complex (Champ 18) in Centralia, IL playing the tips (long tees to long baskets) this course is just as long as West Lake longs (11,000 ft), but 18 holes instead of 24, although it isnt as daunting because there aren't irretreivable water shots, but I shoot further over par at FDGC than WL.

Hardest: Veteran's Park in Arlington, TX
Easiest: TCC Southeast Campus in Arlington, TX

Granted, TCC is a Jr. College campus that put in a 9 holer for a class they have there. It is pretty damned easy since I can usually shoot at or below par.

Veterans.....sigh...It probably isn't the hardest course out there but it eats my lunch every time I play it. I should probably try it again since I have been working on my RHBH distance and accuracy.

Easiest 9 - Spassland or Mead Park
Easiest 18 - Valley View in New Berlin, WI

Hardest - Ozark Mountain or Highbridge Hills - Gold
Possible Future Hardest - Highbridge Hills - The Bear (only 7 holes so far)

Latest posts