• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name the hardest and easiest course you have played

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Pretty simple but I think it would make for a fun list and provide some perspective as many are looking for challenge and many are looking for beginner friendly courses.

I haven't played many courses, but the easiest I have played is the 9 hole course in my home town, Kerr Station Park in Cabot, AR. I threw a 20 on it a couple of weeks ago when I was trying out my new putter.

The hardest would probably be the Blue Course at Burns Park in North Little Rock, AR.

I need to get away more :eek:

Hardest-tie between Iron Hill in DE and Orange Crush in WV
Easiest- the simplest niner is branchwwod in PA/ simplest 18 is Landis Park in NJ

Had a real tough time breaking it down to those 4

Easiest = Circleville Park in State College, PA
Hardest = either the Paw Paw pair or Quaker's Challenge at Pinchot.

Easiest: West Meadowbrook in Greenville, NC
Hardest: Farmington Park, Rocky Mount, NC

...only played 9 courses so far, but i'm ADDICTED. Got my first down score on 18 last weekend (-2)

The hardest course I've played is Nevin Park. As for the easiest, the 9 baskets at Lowell Elementary would probably be it. With 18 holers, I think I would have to say Reedy Creek when playing everything in the shorts.

West Lake in the Quad Cities is definitely one of the hardest.....the water there is out of this world!

By far the easiest course I've played was Nims Park in Illinois, 18 short ace runs crammed into a tiny space so you can easily get through 18 holes in about 20 minutes.

I've played some pretty tough courses, but they're tough in different ways so it's hard to pick just one as the toughest. Some of the ones that stand out to me are Idlewild, Highbridge Gold, Leviathan, and West Lake.

Easiest: Johnson Park DGC
Johnson Park is a relatively new course designed for beginning and recreational players. Its not poorly designed, just extremely short because of the space provided. We're working on getting "long" tees in most of the holes to add more of a challenge.

Hardest: McHose Park
McHose Park (from all longs) is hands down the hardest course I've played. There are a couple in the Polk City area that are tough from the longs, but this course is brutal. The long tees on the upper nine are usually extremely long, while the lower nine are just plain difficult.
Hole one is as easy as it gets there:
d4cc1a54_m.jpg

This get tougher the more courses you play, at over 250 I don't know that I could pick a hardest as things start to come into question as to what makes a course hard. As for easiest their have been many to tie for this honor and most of them are at schools.

West Lake in the Quad Cities is definitely one of the hardest.....the water there is out of this world!

West Lake is definitely worthy of that rating - this is a course that will eventually be in the top ten. All they need to do is get the two holes figured out that go through a picnic area. This course is literally sick - just check out the pictures! (though they don't even do it justice)

hardest course

iron hill is the hardest course hands down and the easiest is thats hard one have to get back on that one

Well my two have already been mentioned, but here we go.

Easiest - Nims Park, Rock Falls, IL
Super short course. There is enough space for 3-4 holes, but they put in 18.

Hardest - West Lake Park, Davenport, IA
This course was just brutal, lots of water to go along with long, narrow, treelined fairways. I had no business playing the longs. I will go back in a few years when I am a better player.

Easiest: Par-West, Monticello, MN (if I play this course more often I'm bound to get my first ace on any one of the 150 foot holes).
Hardest: Live Oak Gold, Ingleside TX (played early on in my career, seemed extremely difficult at the time, I don't know how it would compare now).

Easiest: That would have to be Bailey Road Park DGC in Cornelius, NC. Every hole is a birdie opportunity.

Hardest: Hmmmm..... thats a toss-up for either Renny Gold or Winny Gold. Both will str8 kick yo @$$!

Latest posts