• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC

you going to be there teabagging....? no.. i have a demo job i have to do....couple walls down to put in doors.....yadda yadda yadda....just started back to work last week......

depends on the weather but I try to shoot -10 but end up at -6 to -8 usually in tourney rounds out there. I try to birdie at least 7 holes on the front and then I want 4-6 on the back but it usually isn't in the cards due to a few bad drivers here and there.

6...8..9...16...17...if i can get through the trees off the tee i do ok....nowhere near 10 under though

Sanford had changed the last time I was there. I remember shooting a -15 in their 1st PDGA event and having the course record until the final round when Ron Russel shot a -16 to win.

Frank D how was the CC? I wish I would have known about it. My friend MODG told me about it Sunday. He finished 2nd behind McCrackin. He said all of the old skool guys like Joe Who? were there and it was a memorial for Downs. I didn't know he had passed away.

The 1000 round rating is the bench mark of awesome rounds. If you shoot a round that is 1000 rated or higher than you shot a really really good round. Like Ken Climo good.

Frank D how was the CC? I wish I would have known about it. My friend MODG told me about it Sunday. He finished 2nd behind McCrackin. He said all of the old skool guys like Joe Who? were there and it was a memorial for Downs. I didn't know he had passed away.

The CC was awesome. Your boy MODG was actually partners with my friend South Dakota Rob and they shot a killer -14 down out there but it's hard to compete against McCrackin on the course that is in his back yard. I think a guy that rode down with MODG was in my group, scottie something.

It was a memorial for Downs but it was more a celebration of his life. Everyone was having a good time before and after the round. Joe Who was making everyone drinks, The Disc Gnome was passing around concentrated absinthe and uh, other things were being used in a celebratory manner. The only sad part was they were selling off all of Down's old school discs from the 90's (I did buy a 170 proto wizard though).

We did raise like $500 for his funeral though.

The CC was awesome. Your boy MODG was actually partners with my friend South Dakota Rob and they shot a killer -14 down out there but it's hard to compete against McCrackin on the course that is in his back yard. I think a guy that rode down with MODG was in my group, scottie something.

It was a memorial for Downs but it was more a celebration of his life. Everyone was having a good time before and after the round. Joe Who was making everyone drinks, The Disc Gnome was passing around concentrated absinthe and uh, other things were being used in a celebratory manner. The only sad part was they were selling off all of Down's old school discs from the 90's (I did buy a 170 proto wizard though).

We did raise like $500 for his funeral though.

I heard the part about selling off his stuff. That is sad. The last time I saw Downs I was playing De LaVeaga and he walked up on my group. He had moved to Santa Cruz. It was nice to see a friendly face in a strange land. That was about 10 years ago. I miss that crazy old Joe Who?. My 1st tournament ever was in 1993 I played the Joe Who? at Kentwood and spent one night at his house and one night sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag at the CC. It was in February and cold. Oh those good old days.

Joe Who is literally insane (or the sanest man I know) and also the most entertaining man I've ever met. They had his birthday party at Sunshine Acres this year and I heard it was a blast and a half.

Have you met his 2 brothers? Hal Dog and Ol Tone? True story, brother Hal Dog went to school with multi-time world champ and juggler Greg Hosfeld.