• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need a overstable mid

karottop420

Par Member
i've got a kc roc n a d buzzz and i seem to be turnin both of em over on more powerful throws. any good suggestions on a mid that's a lil more stable? i also have a shark and a comet but turn those over with about 50-60% power

More stable or overstable? If you're looking for more overstable, I'd suggest the Gator, a CFR if you can find one. My mids are Coyote (Under), Z-Buzzz (Stable), and Gator (Overstable)....Toss in a CFR for meathooks and you'll have every mid shot you could ever need covered...

Buzzz and Shark are similar, IMHO. What weight discs are you using? Could be form, discs could be too light if your power is increasing.

Try a Drone. Very overstable, but still fades in a nice arc, rather than just dying at the end.

Try a drone. If you flip it over it means your wrist is doing a complete rotation. I use it for long hyzer approaches and some hyzer drives

Drone, preferable in Z or FLX.

I'm gonna have to echo the Drone suggestions. If you turn that disc over it's definitely a form problem and not just overpowering the disc.

I use a Gator for big power throws, you could use a drone as well, they are very similar. In my experience anything with a small diameter will not turn over as easily. I also turn over a Roc and Buzzz too easily, I think it is because I use a different grip due to my large hands.

Try a Drone like voiced above or if you really want a hook out of the discs try a Whippet, extremely overstable and great in headwind.

If you want something just stable enough that you won't flip it, look to a Wasp. They are very similar in flight/feel to a Roc/Buzzz, yet can take more snap.

Drones are also good, however, I consider them more of a specialty disc. They are awesome for hook shots/ skip approaches/ wind. For general use (your average straight 250-300' hole) they aren't as useful. If you turn one of these over, you are either doing something wrong or you have the most ridiculously powerful snap and should be a pro.

I carry a Buzzz, Wasp, and Drone. They all have earned their slot in my bag.

^^I carry a buzzz in flx and cryztal z plastic, esp wasp, and a drone in flx and z plastic. Love the wasp it is right in between the buzzz and the drone.

Try a DGA pro-line Squall. It gives you a tad bit of a turnover, but comes back pretty good, especially in the heavier weights. If you are looking for something more stable, I'd say the Drone.

Latest posts